AU will play WKU in 2022

GwillMac6

Penn ST is our big non conference game that year. It is at home as well.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

I'm really looking forward to watching our Tigers take on Penn State in Jordan-Hare. That will be awesome.

Me as well! We owe some major revenge to one James Franklin! hope they do a white out when we go visit them. Their stadium looks incredible when they do that. I think that stadium is 100k plus as well.

5 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Wasn't the Outback Bowl the last time we played Penn St.? If I remember correctly the Nittany Lions spent the whole game ripping  us a new one.

I thought the last game we played them was the capitol one bowl or whatever it is called now where ronnie ran wild on them and we won 13-9?

2 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

You're right. I stand corrected.

I think the game your thinking of was in 2005 maybe when we got waxed by wiscy on what was SUPPOSED to be barry alvarez last game. Only to lose to him again on his for real last game in the outback bowl in 2014.

58 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Wasn't the Outback Bowl the last time we played Penn St.? If I remember correctly the Nittany Lions spent the whole game ripping  us a new one.

torential rain game and ugly in the tater tot era

14 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Wife and I were at that game.....like to have froze our ass off from all the rain. That was the only AU game I left early, middle of 4th quarter, to damn cold and wet

13 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

torential rain game and ugly in the tater tot era

most rain I ever saw in a football game next to when bammer and Ken Stabler beat us 7-3 in a god awful rain bath/flood

17 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

most rain I ever saw in a football game next to when bammer and Ken Stabler beat us 7-3 in a god awful rain bath/flood

Where yo at the mud bowl game? I remember listening to it on the radio. Bammer tackles our defensive player allowing Stabler to score or we win.

First Auburn game I went to was Auburn/Tech at Legion Field in the rain. Larry Blakeney was our quarterback and I think he also played safety. I remember Coach Jordan punted on 3rd down every series thinking our defense had better chance to score that our offense. End of long wet day we lost 21-0.

13 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Where yo at the mud bowl game? I remember listening to it on the radio. Bammer tackles our defensive player allowing Stabler to score or we win.

First Auburn game I went to was Auburn/Tech at Legion Field in the rain. Larry Blakeney was our quarterback and I think he also played safety. I remember Coach Jordan punted on 3rd down every series thinking our defense had better chance to score that our offense. End of long wet day we lost 21-0.

Yep was at both games and Gusty Yearout AU linebacker claimed he was held on the "run in the mud" play. At least I think it was Gusty

Auburn is 1-1 against Penn State.

1/1/1996 -- Outback Bowl
Penn State 43  Auburn 14

1/1/2003 -- Capital One Bowl
Auburn 13  Penn State 9

2 hours ago, Mims44 said:

2022... long time to wait to beat WKU.

just glad jeff brohm won't be the coach then.

Where did Jeff Brohm go?

Purdue

My cousin (WKU grad) wasn't too happy about his leaving for Purdue either lmao.

39 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Purdue

My cousin (WKU grad) wasn't too happy about his leaving for Purdue either lmao.

I hope he got a heck of a jay jacobs kind of buyout in the event of getting fired. He is a really good coach but NO ONE can win at purdue without a drew brees at qb. I really like brohm. Thought he should of held out for a better job.

On 3/16/2017 at 9:30 AM, augolf1716 said:

Thanks for bringing that game up. I remember Auburn going for it fourth down. Richard Plegge had a good hole to run through, unfortunately he slipped making his cut. Of course that was the game where the bama player  (I don't remember his name) tackled, not held, tackled Gusty Yearout, allowing Stabler to make that run in the mud.

By the way, I said it was fourth down, at least I think it was fourth down. Anyway didn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling after that game.

I remember that muddy outback bowl game. We were built for finesse and they had a stud at fullback. 

Didnt Stephen Davis get concussed in that game and spend the second half on the sideline chewing on his chinstrap with his helmet half off?

I hope one day we'll have a home and home series with UCLA and Purdue.

Don't think you will ever see a home and home with the Boilermarkers but I know you really could care less if we do

I hope one day we'll have a home and home series with UCLA and Purdue.

Interesting idea, but

not sure I'd like to take'em both on at once

especially away

Archived