US Strikes Airbases in Syria

autigeremt

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Dunning-Kruger in full swing from some corners of this forum, I'm afraid. 

I'm surprised that you admit to illusory superiority

12 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

In case you missed it we already have boots on the ground in Syria.. And yeah I trust the judgement of this administration, and Gen. Mattis ,in particular, by light years more than the previous inept administration.that clearly had no strategy for dealing with the ME.

I don't think most Americans are supportive of a nation building, enormous blood and treasure approach.  We'll see where this goes.  But again, if history is any indicator ... 

5 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I don't think most Americans are supportive of a nation building, enormous blood and treasure approach.  We'll see where this goes.  But again, if history is any indicator ... 

I respect your opinion but I will go with the judgement of the President. He had more input/intelligence/advice in making his decision than anyone here. Note in the link the Russians were notified in advance of the attack.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/06/syria-missile-strikes-trump-says-action-in-vital-national-security-interest.html

REPUBLICAN SENATOR RAND PAUL

"While we all condemn the atrocities in Syria, the United States was not attacked. The president needs congressional authorization for military action as required by the Constitution, and I call on him to come to Congress for a proper debate. Our prior interventions in this region have done nothing to make us safer, and Syria will be no different."

DEMOCRATIC SENATOR CHRIS COONS

"While I’m encouraged that the Trump administration has felt compelled to act forcefully in Syria against the Assad regime, I’m gravely concerned that the United States is engaging further militarily in Syria without a well-thought-out, comprehensive plan. Frankly, the president’s actions today generate more questions than answers."

http://reut.rs/2niMfRH

Positive, supporting comments coming in from our allies around the world for Pres. Trump's action and even from some Democrats in the Obama administration.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Yeah, a Dem was President then. Different rules.

Yes, because Trump is better than Obama.

No, wait... it could be the deal that Obama and Kerry claimed they made turned out to be bogus, and Syria STILL had WMD, and just killed scores of more innocent men, women and children. 

Sorry TexasTiger, but kicking the can down the street and hoping for a different outcome has lead to more horrific sarin gas deaths and injuries. 

But you're cool w/ that, right ? Thought so. 

Just now, RunInRed said:

Who the hell is David Corn ?  

Ohh...  the chief of the Washington bureau for Mother Jones.  THAT David Corn 

:-\

Observations:

1) Gas Attacks against Civilians seem to be the motivation.
2) If we can Drop 26K Bombs plus last year and a Republican Congress not say a word, Trump is not in any real trouble.
3) Why can we not learn to stay the hell out of the Middle East? It is a snake pit. Play with Snakes, get bit.
4) If this was for humanitarian reasons, why are we shutting our borders to refugees?
5) Hope this is just a one of a kind event. We do not need another war in the ME.
6) Trump doesnt sound like the Russians are bossing him now.
7) It does look like the Military-Industrial Complex has way too much power in the Trump White House.

YES, I am very confused, and NO, I dont trust anyone in this.

45 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

2013, Red

Oh, and btw - 

Hey, do y'all remember when Hillary was the warhawk and Trump was supposed to be the more dove-ish option? Pepperidge farm remembers,  

6 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Hey, do y'all remember when Hillary was the warhawk and Trump was supposed to be the more dove-ish option? Pepperidge farm remembers,  

This was the Obama Syrian response plan circa 2013. Dusted off and implemented here. Let's not get it twisted. 

I supported it then and I support it now.

Bravo! The President seemed sincerely touched by these crimes against humanity.

1 minute ago, PUB78 said:

Bravo! The President seemed sincerely touched by these crimes against humanity.

The same happened in 2013. Then he wanted to stay out of it but now is ready to get into a conflict with Russia? What changed?

1 hour ago, AUUSN said:

This was the Obama Syrian response plan circa 2013. Dusted off and implemented here. Let's not get it twisted. 

I supported it then and I support it now.

Personally, I am glad two destroyers got to do the work.  Bird farms already get too much attention.

My thoughts are, we needed to do something in response to the chem weapon attack.  Frankly, Obama blew it with his "red line" comments, then doing basically nothing when Assad crossed it.  

This is a relatively measured response.  Lots of wild cards still out there as to what the fallout is.  I don't really know if it was the right move or not.  Likely, whether this turns out to be a wise move depends on what we do from here when Assad, Russia, Iran and the rebels react to this.

Does anyone think that ISIS could be the instigator in all of this? Seems like a long shot as much...or rather, as little as I know.  It just seems like it would work out in ISIS favor if they could have framed Assad for the chem attack somehow to provoke a response with us to stir things up with us and Russia. Im hoping this notion can be easily struck down... 

Archived