US Strikes Airbases in Syria

autigeremt

Breaking. 60 tomahawk cruise missles have struck two air bases in Syria where suspected chemical weapons were being stored. 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/06/politics/donald-trump-syria-military/index.html

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, the tried and true tomahawk response.

An entirely appropriate response for this war crime.

Now it's time to tell the Russians FU, ya boy Assad's days are numbered.

2 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

Ah, the tried and true tomahawk response.

An entirely appropriate response for this war crime.

Now it's time to tell the Russians FU, ya boy Assad's days are numbered.

Is it the appropriate response? Just asking . You said it and you are the military

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Is it the appropriate response? Just asking . You said it and you are the military

Why are you asking a question I already answered?

Guess that line Obama drew in the sand was deemed to be crossed now.... 

As for the question of war....only the most naive person does not realize that we have been at war for twenty years....well maybe 24 since the first Trade Center attack was in 1993.

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

hoping you would expound

Jets from All Shayrat air base dropped sarin gas on civilians. We attacked the air base with cruise missiles.

Appropriate.

1 minute ago, AUUSN said:

Jets from All Shayrat air base dropped sarin gas on civilians. We attacked the air base with cruise missiles.

Appropriate.

understand and well aware of that. Asking you if the this in your opinion,  is the correct military response. politics aside

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Guess that line Obama drew in the sand was deemed to be crossed now.... 

As for the question of war....only the most naive person does not realize that we have been at war for twenty years....well maybe 24 since the first Trade Center attack was in 1993.

get it 64

11 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

Appropriate.

see and thanks

39 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

Appropriate.

If only that part of the world was that simple ... buckle your seat belts, folks.

Thank you Pres. Trump for this response against a regime against a regime that brutally kills it's own people. A refreshing change from the previous wimps (Obama, Clinton, Kerry) who were all talk and no action and contributed to the mess in the ME. Proud of you for this action and letting the world know we won't be pushed around anymore.

Hypothetically, assuming we remove Assad, who are we going to replace him with?  Have we learned nothing from Aghanistan, Iraq, Libya?  This is all just getting started, folks.  As I said, buckle up.

Remember, there is no "moderate" rebels in Syria. This is why Obama made no move. The Wahhabis and Salafis are bankrolled by Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey. The rest is PR.

Syria is soon to be even more of a hell hole. More specifically, instead of merely being content to oppress and bully the non-Salafist population, the non-Salafist population will simply be butchered and the country’s only export will be Salafist terrorism.

You've got to think before you act ... I have no confidence the Trump team is capable of managing this geopolitical situation.  I could be wrong but history tells me otherwise ... same song, different dancer.

1 minute ago, RunInRed said:

Hypothetically, assuming we remove Assad, who are we going to replace him with?  Have we learned nothing from Aghanistan, Iraq, Libya?  This is all just getting started, folks.  As I said, buckle up.

Yeah we learned Obama made a huge mistake in reemoving all our troops from Iraq and lettting ISIS spread it's evil. I hope there will be more to come if the Tomahawks didn't get the message across that we are again a world leader and not a puppy dog follower.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

Yeah we learned Obama made a huge mistake in reemoving all our troops from Iraq and lettting ISIS spread it's evil. I hope there will be more to come if the Tomahawks didn't get the message across that we are again a world leader and not a puppy dog follower.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

So you're advocating for a full invasion and troops on the grounds for years and years while we nation build Syria?  We're back to that approach?

7 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

So you're advocating for a full invasion and troops on the grounds for years and years while we nation build Syria?  We're back to that approach?

In case you missed it we already have boots on the ground in Syria.. And yeah I trust the judgement of this administration, and Gen. Mattis ,in particular, by light years more than the previous inept administration.that clearly had no strategy for dealing with the ME.

4 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Dunning-Kruger in full swing from some corners of this forum, I'm afraid. 

Archived