2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

2 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

The article said almost the opposite. They said FSU would need to develop relationships with his parents, but people put in crystal ball picks to FSU because he chose to throw for Fisher/FSU and no other team, which they took as a sign of his interest in getting coached by Fisher over other people. It was a stretch.

Damn it. You made me read it. With due respect there was nothing in there that said FSU had to strengthen the relationships with the parents.

The rest in the article was idiotic though. JF is a humble kid. It's still fresh in his mind that he was recently a lowly 3* getting his 1st offer from Mercer. My guess if AU, UGA, & UF asked him to throw JF would have been happy to throw for them.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, fredst said:

Mods: Is it possible to ban someone, at least short-term, for going "Dawson's Creek" with a gif, lol?

hey hey why you hating bro?! greatest teen soap opera EVER that was filmed in north carolina!!!! lol

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

hey hey why you hating bro?! greatest teen soap opera EVER that was filmed in north carolina!!!! lol

Not hating. Just always picture GWill as Clayton Kershaw. Turns out "he" was Keri Russell all along, lol ? 

I read an article saying he took six family members to Florida visit and is returning for a two day visit soon ! This doesn't sound good for AU! Unless he brings his contingent with him the next visit with AU. Anyone else see this?

36 minutes ago, fredst said:

Not hating. Just always picture GWill as Clayton Kershaw. Turns out "he" was Keri Russell all along, lol ? 

I LOVE IT! I will take it fam! Her movie waitress is one of my favorite random movies! good call! lol

26 minutes ago, toddc said:

I read an article saying he took six family members to Florida visit and is returning for a two day visit soon ! This doesn't sound good for AU! Unless he brings his contingent with him the next visit with AU. Anyone else see this?

Please include article links with any references to an article. This is long standing AUFamily policy. Not sure why people have decided to slip on this recently.

It's almost like these recruiting rankings don't mean anything this time of year...... lol

43 minutes ago, toddc said:

The 6 family member visit there was 7 weeks ago. He is there now with his mom for a 2 day visit. No word on him going back there after tomorrow. https://www.seccountry.com/florida/justin-fields-visit-florida

Thanks e and I will never ever slide again! Just didn't know where I saw it and that's why I asked if anyone else did! If I had known it I would have posted 

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Please include article links with any references to an article. This is long standing AUFamily policy. Not sure why people have decided to slip on this recently.

No one new reads them

43 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

No one new reads them

It's not about new people reading them. It's about verification & following simple policy. Link

6) When referring to an article, give us a link, ALWAYS! If there is no link, then give us bibliography type info, as in author, article name, magazine-book title, etc. We understand that there might not be an Internet link for Callier's December 1941.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

The 6 family member visit there was 7 weeks ago. He is there now with his mom for a 2 day visit. No word on him going back there after tomorrow. https://www.seccountry.com/florida/justin-fields-visit-florida

Hopefully, while they are there, they can get an autographed copy of Fl's coach on his date with the Shark.

On 6/19/2017 at 2:02 PM, lionheartkc said:

While some of his reasoning doesn't match up with things we've seen and heard, if 23 is right that Sean is being kicked to the curb because of personality issues, then Fields goes from a want to a badly need. I mean, Willis has serious promise, but losing Sean takes us from knowing 1&2 can handle the bright lights and drive the team to hoping... and hoping hasn't been a good place to be for us.

White isn't being shown the curb. He just isn't the QB that Stidham is. White will be the #2 guy at the start of the season. White hasn't shown the "work ethic" that the QB of a team needs to show. Stidham has. 

The week of the uga game with White missing practices he could have made are all you need to know about the situation. 

15 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

The article said almost the opposite. They said FSU would need to develop relationships with his parents, but people put in crystal ball picks to FSU because he chose to throw for Fisher/FSU and no other team, which they took as a sign of his interest in getting coached by Fisher over other people. It was a stretch.

This isn't true. FWIW. 

33 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The week of the uga game with White missing practices he could have made are all you need to know about the situation. 

Huh? Other insiders including @passthebiscuits  said his injuries that week were a good bit worse than the staff was letting on.

54 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Huh? Other insiders including @passthebiscuits  said his injuries that week were a good bit worse than the staff was letting on.

Yeah, just watching that game, he didn't look like he had an arm capable of throwing a football. Although that wouldn't necessarily prevent him from attending practice, I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Maybe it was a "show up to practice" thing and not a "participate in practice" thing

Exactly what I meant-but-failed to say, gracias. 

Safe to say the weeks following Vandy showed several missteps by the coaching staff: game plan demonstrated predictable play calling, regardless of injuries; no QB development (if Woody had developed, red shirt should've come off after Vandy- we had the potential to win UGA and bama) and maybe (from what is said above) Sean's actions or inactions could've demonstrated genuine leadership.  The combined total wrecked one of the strongest runs we've had in several yrs.  we are all ready for August. 

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Safe to say the weeks following Vandy showed several missteps by the coaching staff: game plan demonstrated predictable play calling, regardless of injuries; no QB development (if Woody had developed, red shirt should've come off after Vandy- we had the potential to win UGA and bama) and maybe (from what is said above) Sean's actions or inactions could've demonstrated genuine leadership.  The combined total wrecked one of the strongest runs we've had in several yrs.  we are all ready for August. 

Talking about August, when does summer practice start?

49 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Talking about August, when does summer practice start?

You answered your own question.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You answered your own question.

Practice doesn't start until August? Wow, didn't realize it was so late.

3 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Practice doesn't start until August? Wow, didn't realize it was so late.

Normal for AU actually. It started on August 4th in 2015 & August 3rd last year.

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Normal for AU actually. It started on August 4th in 2015 & August 3rd last year.

Maybe if we started practice 3 weeks earlier CGM would have the team ready by week 1. 

I kid, I kid. 

12 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Maybe if we started practice 3 weeks earlier CGM would have the team ready by week 1. 

I kid, I kid. 

Even with three extra weeks CGM would still probably completely change his game plan the night before the Clemson game. :/   

Archived