2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

LOT of CBs to FSU. Not liking what I'm seeing.

Public perception is not always reality, especially with the crystal ball feature. It's why I pretty much never look at it. Most of those CBs for FSU are from guys & gals not covering this recruitment. AU is confident at the moment & some are very confident.

On 6/15/2017 at 7:49 AM, ellitor said:

He may not be the deciding factor. Whoever wins likely has to win over mom.

Definitely a big factor is his mom. Mom liked Auburn and UGA. They are closest to his home. I cant believe she let him commit to Penn State so early. I agree FSU is a threat. Also our old friend DC isn't doing us any favors. DC will be named an on field coach soon at FSU is the word. Still believe he is ours. I know after Francois leaves depth chart wide open there but he knows Stidham could leave after this year and no matter what I don't expect White to be part of the team next season. So if Stidham leaves Willis would be his only conpwtition next season. Believe me he knows what is up with our depth chart also and how he can play very early here. He is the biggest recruit for us that we need to get in at least a decade. Stidham was a must get last year, Fields is a must get this year. Only thing FSU has is we have Joey committed but BF is not afraid of competition at leaSt that is what he has told us and he shouldn't be he is a STUD.  Gatewood will need a couple yeas to develope. Now Malik Willis is very good also and very similar to NM, but Fields is a qb that doesn't come along very often.

6 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I cant believe she let him commit to Penn State so early.

I can. He was a 3* then & didn't have any committable offers from any quality southern schools at that time.

8 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

He is the biggest recruit for us that we need to get in at least a decade.

That was Cam Newton 8 years ago my friend.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I can. He was a 3* then & didn't have any committable offers from any quality southern schools at that time.

That was Cam Newton 8 years ago my friend.

Cam is the best recruit in the history of Auburn and the best player in college football history. I am saying as far as need and sure fire success. BF if he doesn't get injured or have any problems which he is a very good kid with great football iq and very good work ethic. so i am pretty confident in saying he wont cause any problems. Cam was more of an unknown how he would turn out than Fields is. I don't compare anyone with Cam because nobody matches up to him. We land fields we are set at qb for 5 years after we get Nix next year. We are set with very good qbs which could make for a run like we have never seen at Auburn. I wasn't comparing success wise because Cam is the most important recruit we ever signed rivaled by only Bo. I was saying we get Fields and watch out we are a beast for the next 5 years at least. His importance is not saying he will be better than Cam.

19 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Cam is the best recruit in the history of Auburn and the best player in college football history. I am saying as far as need and sure fire success. BF if he doesn't get injured or have any problems which he is a very good kid with great football iq and very good work ethic. so i am pretty confident in saying he wont cause any problems. Cam was more of an unknown how he would turn out than Fields is. I don't compare anyone with Cam because nobody matches up to him. We land fields we are set at qb for 5 years after we get Nix next year. We are set with very good qbs which could make for a run like we have never seen at Auburn. I wasn't comparing success wise because Cam is the most important recruit we ever signed rivaled by only Bo. I was saying we get Fields and watch out we are a beast for the next 5 years at least. His importance is not saying he will be better than Cam.

And my point is unless another game changing player gets us another national title in the next few years then Cam is alone in the title of biggest recruit we needed to get the past decade. We won't know if JF is the biggest recruit we needed to get til he plays at AU with a very high level of success. I would also say Stidham may very well more important than JF may be down the line because if we hadn't gotten JS or if he gets hurt this season resulting in yet another very average season it could be bye bye Gus & Co. which would result in bye bye Justin.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

And my point is unless another game changing player gets us another national title in the next few years then Cam is alone in the title of biggest recruit we needed to get the past decade. We won't know if JF is the biggest recruit we needed to get til he plays at AU with a very high level of success. I would also say Stidham may very well more important than JF may be down the line because if we hadn't gotten JS or if he gets hurt this season resulting in yet another very average season it could be bye bye Gus & Co. which would result in bye bye Justin.

This is very true

Not too many teams could lose their starting QB and remain above average. But if the unfortunate did happen I believe Sean can keep the team together. But boy oh boy I hope those Fields kid makes it to Au...he is legit.

23 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

This is very true

This is not true because it's not what I was saying at all. Important doesn't mean success. I am saying by recruit importance means we should be set at qb position. I'm sayi by in theory that he turns out as he should

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You are correct about JS because if he had not come we would likely start a true freshman or woody. SW is done off the field and n locker room issues. I am saying in theory signing fields could bring us 2 or 3 sec title. Year after cam left drop off, but he was the best recruit au ever landed. Qb is the must get position landing fields puts us 5 years of good play at the position.  I did just realize in my theory JS would have started it all because no way we get JF if JS isn't here so he may be the most important.

59 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

This is very true

Yes that was true golf sorry. I was trying to respond to e and clicked on ur post.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

To me, Monday is the biggest recruit this cycle.

He is a stud I wish we could have gotten committed before he started camping. Still think we get him

I agree with 23. Justin Fields is the most important recruit that we've had in the last decade. Cam was one-and-done, and Stidham will likely be the same. Fields will be to us what Deshaun Watson was to Clemson. He's a franchise QB that will allow us to compete with UAT and contend for National Championships for multiple years.

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

I agree with 23. Justin Fields is the most important recruit that we've had in the last decade. Cam was one-and-done, and Stidham will likely be the same. Fields will be to us what Deshaun Watson was to Clemson. He's a franchise QB that will allow us to compete with UAT and contend for National Championships for multiple years.

Yeah you get what I am saying.  I am by no means saying JF is or will be better than CAm.  That would be a ridiculous statement.  He is going to be very very good though and he would bring us stability with the qb position.  WE have not had stability with studs lining up at qb in a long time.  We are going to get Bo and landing Fields gives us 5 years of qb stability.  Stidham is a baller and if we get him for 2 seasons that will be awesome.  He is the type of kid that would stay for another championship run even if we win the SEC this year which I think is a great possibility and make the playoffs.  JF would be better than Hurts was as a true freshman last year for bama imo.  Kid is just as good of a runner probably better and much better throwing the football.  I believe Hurts struggles this year.  DC have had a year of film on him and he used his legs to get him out of a lot of trouble last year. I like the comparison of Deshaun and JF they are similar in size, throwing ability, and speed. 

39 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

To clarify, you're saying he's bigger than Fields?

Yes.  He can start day 1.  If we don't get fields, we still have Willis And are in good shape for Nix.  We lose 3 safeties this year. That leaves 2, both are true freshman with zero experience.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yes.  He can start day 1.  If we don't get fields, we still have Willis And are in good shape for Nix.  We lose 3 safeties this year. That leaves 2, both are true freshman with zero experience.

Scary situation

2 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Unless JF comes here and gets us a national title then he does not pass Cam on the most important recruit for us in the past decade. We won't know til JF has played his college career. The best anyone can say right now if it's their opinion is JF is potentially the most important recruit for us in the past decade because we don't know how he is going to pan out no matter where he goes. As for the 2 or 3 SEC titles stuff 23 was talking about, if JF does that for us but does not win a natty then he will  not have passed Cam on the most important recruit in the past decade monicur on his play alone. Now if he creates a legacy for us that helps give Gus long term security and leads to a dynasty for us where we are winning titles down the road then yes in that scenario he can pass Cam as the most important recruit for us the past decade without winning a Natty.

Bottom line is he is damn important no doubt. Most important the past decade though remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Makes sense from that perspective.  But Fields' potential at that particular position is a game-changer.  The QB position is critical, and even with our lack of depth at safety I think Fields' trumps all.

QB is the name of the game at all levels of competition in the sport now. You have to have a  really good one to have a chance at a good season.(besides bama of course) Hitting on a really good- great QB can take you from a middling average coach like Dabo was who was about to be fired/was on the hot seat till Tahj Boyd saved his job to the upper tier of the profession with the run he has been on to go from Boyd to Watson and string together a bunch of good seasons in a row. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Unless JF comes here and gets us a national title then he does not pass Cam on the most important recruit for us in the past decade. We won't know til JF has played his college career. The best anyone can say right now if it's their opinion is JF is potentially the most important recruit for us in the past decade because we don't know how he is going to pan out no matter where he goes. As for the 2 or 3 SEC titles stuff 23 was talking about, if JF does that for us but does not win a natty then he will  not have passed Cam on the most important recruit in the past decade monicur on his play alone. Now if he creates a legacy for us that helps give Gus long term security and leads to a dynasty for us where we are winning titles down the road then yes in that scenario he can pass Cam as the most important recruit for us the past decade without winning a Natty.

Bottom line is he is damn important no doubt. Most important the past decade though remains to be seen.

With all due respect, doesn't a recruit become a player once they have signed the papers?  Saying somebody is the MOST IMPORTANT RECRUIT in history definitely does not equate to the MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER in history (or decade, whatever).  It's impossible to compare a recruit to a player...

Archived