2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

If White is truly done, as has been alluded to above, then Stidham is the most important recruit since Cam. Yes, more important than Fields. Take Stidham and White out of the 2017 team and we're in a true world of hurt. Even if the somewhat silly "one and done" idea plays out for Stidham, we go into 2018 with Gatewood and Willis, with Willis having a year of experience. That's a lot better than where we'd be this season without Stidham. That's if, of course, White's not coming back.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, MCPeePants said:

With all due respect, doesn't a recruit become a player once they have signed the papers?  Saying somebody is the MOST IMPORTANT RECRUIT in history definitely does not equate to the MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER in history (or decade, whatever).  It's impossible to compare a recruit to a player...

We don't know how important a recruit is though til their career is played out so the best that can be said before a career is played out is a recruit is potentially the most important, not definitively the most important. For example, Trovon Reed is a 5* Athlete we signed 8 years ago. People could have thought he was supremely important as a recruit. However given how his career played out & that he was used in the wrong position for the most part IMO, he turned out to not be a majorly important recruit. in the grand scheme of things for AU.

8 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

I know it's been said, but we're getting Fields. 

^^^ This barring we don't crap the bed on the field.

17 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Definitely a big factor is his mom. Mom liked Auburn and UGA. They are closest to his home. I cant believe she let him commit to Penn State so early. I agree FSU is a threat. Also our old friend DC isn't doing us any favors. DC will be named an on field coach soon at FSU is the word. Still believe he is ours. I know after Francois leaves depth chart wide open there but he knows Stidham could leave after this year and no matter what I don't expect White to be part of the team next season. So if Stidham leaves Willis would be his only conpwtition next season. Believe me he knows what is up with our depth chart also and how he can play very early here. He is the biggest recruit for us that we need to get in at least a decade. Stidham was a must get last year, Fields is a must get this year. Only thing FSU has is we have Joey committed but BF is not afraid of competition at leaSt that is what he has told us and he shouldn't be he is a STUD.  Gatewood will need a couple yeas to develope. Now Malik Willis is very good also and very similar to NM, but Fields is a qb that doesn't come along very often.

I'm sorry for derailing this thread slightly but can an insider please explain why White may not be part of the team next year? I understand that Stidham will start, and that Willis has potential to be a weapon but aren't we discrediting White's experience here? Dude has started almost 20 games and would be for sure the top back-up in the SEC. I looked in the football forums for any info and couldn't find a thread on this. Rumor season is in full swing but losing White would hurt from several different angles; depth, competition, and experience all would be affected by his loss.

Also, I coached on a team Justin Fields was on in an All-Star game and dude is legit, the D. Watson comparisons are spot on. Don't think UGA is out of the running here, Kirby realizes that Richt lost his job bc he allowed Cam and Watson to end up outside of GA. He can't afford that with T. Lawrence and Fields unless, Fromm is as good as I think he is and starts over Eason by mid-season.

1 hour ago, AUinGA44 said:

I'm sorry for derailing this thread slightly but can an insider please explain why White may not be part of the team next year? I understand that Stidham will start, and that Willis has potential to be a weapon but aren't we discrediting White's experience here? Dude has started almost 20 games and would be for sure the top back-up in the SEC. I looked in the football forums for any info and couldn't find a thread on this. Rumor season is in full swing but losing White would hurt from several different angles; depth, competition, and experience all would be affected by his loss.

Also, I coached on a team Justin Fields was on in an All-Star game and dude is legit, the D. Watson comparisons are spot on. Don't think UGA is out of the running here, Kirby realizes that Richt lost his job bc he allowed Cam and Watson to end up outside of GA. He can't afford that with T. Lawrence and Fields unless, Fromm is as good as I think he is and starts over Eason by mid-season.

Because Sean White has an issue that he hasn't resolved. 

8 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Can you explain?If not in public PM me.

Hope you guys are right.  DC scares the crap out of me for FSU.  If Coach CL outduels DC for Fields, he deserves recruiter of the year.

10 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Hope you guys are right.  DC scares the crap out of me for FSU.  If Coach CL outduels DC for Fields, he deserves recruiter of the year.

Good thing for us CDC can only recruit on campus visitors and through email & social media. I'm not even sure CDC can call recruits to talk to them. CCL can call recruits and see them during eval periods.

All this talk of looming  Championships is sexy, but we need to prove we can win more than 7-8 games and beat UGA and Bama first. Whether our QB is Cam or JS or Fields, Gus has a lot to prove and needs to start winning big this year. Then he needs to rinse and repeat next year. WDE 

3 hours ago, AUinGA44 said:

SW has an issue and has an attitude I'll leave it at that. U have to be a leader and a player that is liked and have ur teammates want to play for you when you are the qb. SW has had a problem with this during his time at AU. The off field issue I won't discuss.

Also UGA is looking at a qb from Cali and are looking like they may get him. He is a 5 star that was committed to USC.

“Georgia and Florida, those two are probably (recruiting) the hardest. Florida State, too,” said Fields, who will visit UF this week after recent trips to UGA, Auburn and FSU...................... That was the most interesting snippet of the article for me. 

2 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

U have to be a leader and a player that is liked and have ur teammates want to play for you when you are the qb. SW has had a problem with this during his time at AU

Hooo-boy... Hope LionheartKC doesn't read this.

He didn't mention auburn at all in the interview or at least that's what the article inclined. Just checked another article nvm.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Good thing for us CDC can only recruit on campus visitors and through email & social media. I'm not even sure CDC can call recruits to talk to them. CCL can call recruits and see them during eval periods.

CDC will be made an on field coach at FSU soon I believe.  However we will still get Fields assuming like you said we don't lay an egg this year.  I truly believe this is our year so I don't see us laying an egg. 

I just read an article on sec country about Justin Fields and in it he said uga and Florida are recruiting him the hardest. 

Auburn doesn't need to let any school out recruit them for any big time recruit, especially a talented QB like Fields

8 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I just read an article on sec country about Justin Fields and in it he said uga and Florida are recruiting him the hardest. 

Auburn doesn't need to let any school out recruit them for any big time recruit, especially a talented QB like Fields

fam I just posted the article above!!! WHY don't YOU LOVE ME ENOUGH TO READ MY POSTS?! hahahaha

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

fam I just posted the article above!!! WHY don't YOU LOVE ME ENOUGH TO READ MY POSTS?! hahahaha

He needs to put some respeck on yo name.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

“Georgia and Florida, those two are probably (recruiting) the hardest. Florida State, too,” said Fields, who will visit UF this week after recent trips to UGA, Auburn and FSU...................... That was the most interesting snippet of the article for me. 

I know it's probably a misperception on my part, but it seems rare for a top tier recruit to say AU is recruiting him the hardest. 

On 6/18/2017 at 9:32 AM, ClaytonAU said:

that is like a hot woman telling I can look but not touch.  I would rather not even know there was an issue than to know it is one but to not have a clue and feel like I'm the only one here who doesn't know.

6 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

SW has an issue and has an attitude I'll leave it at that. U have to be a leader and a player that is liked and have ur teammates want to play for you when you are the qb. SW has had a problem with this during his time at AU. The off field issue I won't discuss.

Also UGA is looking at a qb from Cali and are looking like they may get him. He is a 5 star that was committed to USC.

This is the exact opposite of direct player quotes we've seen  previously. I'm not saying who is right or wrong, but this doesn't jive with player comments from prior years.

1 hour ago, lutzcammed said:

that is like a hot woman telling I can look but not touch.  I would rather not even know there was an issue than to know it is one but to not have a clue and fill like I'm the only one here who doesn't know.

It's the old "I know a secret" game from the 2nd grade playground. "Put up or shut up" used to be the most common response to this stuff.

50 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This is the exact opposite of direct player quotes we've seen  previously. I'm not saying who is right or wrong, but this doesn't jive with player comments from prior years.

I don't disagree with 23 very often but it's obvious with how guys played when he was in that they played better for him than the other qbs. SW put his guts on the line and that would endear him to his teammates. 

I mean I might have a crappy attitude too if I gave my all only to be treated like crap by others. So Id take it with a grain of salt

(that's not playing related, just the amount of hate he gets)

This will turn into a take a dump on SW thread I already feel it, like every other qb thread

Archived