2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

Just now, ellitor said:

I think most of his runs will be on broken down plays though. Just hope he's smart than Sean on injury protection.

I think he will run the ball a couple times a game on designed plays. At least he will against the elite teams. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

They don't even run a system that uses the abilities that kids like Fields have. 

And they are selling him it's because they don't have the QB to do so. They are saying they will alter things if they land him which is what they should be saying whether it's real or not. Not sure about JF but mom is listening.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I think he will run the ball a couple times a game on designed plays. At least he will against the elite teams. 

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I think most of his runs will be on broken down plays though. Just hope he's smart than Sean on injury protection.

If you watch his film from during his time at Baylor, you will see that Baylor had at least 5 designed runs for him per game. I thought Baylor used him extremely effectively. Hopefully, Coach Lindsey will adopt a similar approach.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And they are selling him it's because they don't have the QB to do so. They are saying they will alter things if they land him which is what they should be saying whether it's real or not. Not sure about JF but mom is listening.

Think this one is being over played on the uga side. 

Just now, thaitopher said:

If you watch his film from during his time at Baylor, you will see that Baylor had at least 5 designed runs for him per game. I thought Baylor used him extremely effectively. Hopefully, Coach Lindsey will adopt a similar approach.

Running against Big Little 12 defenses as opposed to SEC Defenses are completely different things. Whole different world of physicality. 5 designed runs a game for JS versus SEC defenses is a recipe for disaster in the long run.

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I hope you are right of course.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's a AU vs FSU battle. The next schools are way down. 

Other AU sources agree FWIW despite the recruiting media thinking otherwise.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

JS is not as physical as Knight. His running is more like Aaron Rogers.

Discount Double Check!!!

2 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Don't think the recruiting guys have a clue on this one. All have legitimate takes but...

You might be right but I do like the fact that at least 5 separate AU sources who have a history of having good info are confident right now.

It's 50 - 50 gents. He will or he won't and that is the best % you will get from anyone regardless of who they are, I don't care what they say. Lol and War Eagle!

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Other AU sources agree FWIW despite the recruiting media thinking otherwise.

national media won't say Auburn unless it is obvious. Never get the benefit of the doubt.

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Agree with this completely. UGA has 2 things going for it distance and sister. Now Auburn is only like 30 minutes further away than UGA. UGA can say all they want they want to have an offense made where JF can excel in but they have 2 top 5 pro style qbs on roster and JF knows this. We are under selling the Cam factor also who is in regular contact with JF and his family as we know. Cam is on our side that's all I will say. JF knows if JS goes pro we have 2 scholarship qbs on roster both of whom will be young. This is of course if SW transfers which I expect after he graduates in May. JF knows our system is perfect and fits him better than any of the other finalists. Also JF is very tight with CL who I would go as far to say he Is closest with of all the coaches. I am still confident JF signs with AU. This is of course assuming we don't shite the bed come September on the offensive side of the ball which I don't see happening. Big Cat last year I believe even our own recruiting guys had going elsewhere and we know how it turned out. 

42 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

JF knows our system is perfect and fits him better than any of the other finalists.

This is interesting. He's on record saying FSU's O fits him best.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

This is interesting. He's on record saying FSU's O fits him best.

I was basically implying this. I have been told that he believes the new system at AUburn fits him perfectly.  When i was say new system the parts that CL will bring mixed with our power running attack. Maybe he was saying from what he has seen. FSU system is for a JW type qb who does not have the speed and running ability that JF does. The FSU system is more about drop back and throw the football. The system at AUburn would use his legs more than Jimbo. With a kid who has this type of ability you have to use his running ability along with his throwing. I am not sure which interview you are referring too but I believe yu are talking about the one right after he left FSU. I believe he is good enough as a passers to play in that system but he is such an elite runner that glides across the field if you have seen him play that you have to use his legs also.

9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

JS will Def run the ball on designed plays like WDE said especially against elite teams. He is not slow by any means. We can't afford to get him hurt though. I believe he was the number 1 dual threat qb coming out of high school.

45 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I I am not sure which interview you are referring too but I believe yu are talking about the one right after he left FSU.

Nope. It's from the Rivals 5* Challenge camp a few weeks ago that was before his recent trips to AU, FSU, UGa< & UF. It's at least the 2nd or 3rd time I referenced that interview.

FSU system is for a JW type qb who does not have the speed and running ability that JF does. The FSU system is more about drop back and throw the football. 

Jameis was no slouch as a runner coming out of high school. He was the #1 rated Dual Threat QB coming out of high school. We recruited him & Gus wanted him bad as you know all to well because of his running ability. Jameis may not have as much speed as Justin but he ran with a lot of power and would have been dangerous in our O so let's not imply he is an immobile QB.

In the end I hope Chip, Cam, & the Wooten family win this one out for us.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Nope. It's from the Rivals 5* Challenge camp a few weeks ago that was before his recent trips to AU, FSU, UGa< & UF. It's at least the 2nd or 3rd time I referenced that interview.

Jameis was no slouch as a runner coming out of high school. He was the #1 rated Dual Threat QB coming out of high school. We recruited him & Gus wanted him bad as you know all to well because of his running ability. Jameis may not have as much speed as Justin but he ran with a lot of power and would have been dangerous in our O so let's not imply he is an immobile QB.

In the end I hope Chip, Cam, & the Wooten family win this one out for us.

Go Team Wooten!!!

13 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Agree with this completely. UGA has 2 things going for it distance and sister. Now Auburn is only like 30 minutes further away than UGA. UGA can say all they want they want to have an offense made where JF can excel in but they have 2 top 5 pro style qbs on roster and JF knows this. We are under selling the Cam factor also who is in regular contact with JF and his family as we know. Cam is on our side that's all I will say. JF knows if JS goes pro we have 2 scholarship qbs on roster both of whom will be young. This is of course if SW transfers which I expect after he graduates in May. JF knows our system is perfect and fits him better than any of the other finalists. Also JF is very tight with CL who I would go as far to say he Is closest with of all the coaches. I am still confident JF signs with AU. This is of course assuming we don't shite the bed come September on the offensive side of the ball which I don't see happening. Big Cat last year I believe even our own recruiting guys had going elsewhere and we know how it turned out. 

For what its worth, both Kip Adams and Rusty Mansell picked Fields to UGA yesterday. 

35 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

For what its worth, both Kip Adams and Rusty Mansell picked Fields to UGA yesterday. 

Two UGA pay site writers picked UGA? Get outta here...

Honestly, I think JF has much more common sense than that. I'd bet a week's salary that he doesn't go to UGA with the youth already at the position.

This is one prospect that no one seems to truly know where he's going as evidence by his crystal ball predictions that are all over the board. It's as if each pay site writer is predicting the school that they cover haha.

17 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

It's 50 - 50 gents. He will or he won't and that is the best % you will get from anyone regardless of who they are, I don't care what they say. Lol and War Eagle!

I disagree. Anyways. 

14 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Yep. Cam loves him some AU. 

Does anyone know if JF and Justyn Ross talk?  If "no," is JF tight with any top recruits leaning towards Auburn?  FSU?   Wondering if there is a link/clue from that angle....decent question.

Archived