Alabama Week - Prejudice and Pigskin

AUUSN

8 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Yes. I realize he is not Hitler. If he were he'd be dead. And I wouldn't have to worry about the fate of America. 

Why say it? " Chicken Little the Sky is Falling" . Has your life changed that drastically since the election of President Trump?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Why say it? " Chicken Little the Sky is Falling" . Has your life changed that drastically since the election of President Trump?

Idiotic post.  :no:

23 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Ugly comment. WTF- mean spirited and foul. ask 78 about " small vox" have no clue other than vaccinations are probably available. 

OK.  

WTF do you mean regarding:  "Thinking the POTUS should tweet about you." ?

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Idiotic post.  :no:

Has your life changed since President Trump was elected? Mine has not. You are one that continually post " the sky is falling".  

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Weaseling 

Do you admire/respect Trumps tweets or not?

Which one?

22 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

My diabetic child may be on the verge of losing healthcare, so that's a fear I didn't have to live with the last nine years. 

23 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Has your life changed since President Trump was elected? Mine has not. You are one that continually post " the sky is falling".  

Did you reallyexpect instantaneous changes?   As with a magic wand?  Poooof  ?

What planet did you immigrate from?

If you don't recognize the implications of Trumps actions/proposals, I doubt I can explain it to you. But I am willing to try. 

22 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Which one?

The stupid, inappropriate and idiotic ones.  That's got to be the great majority.

But if you want to test it, you can post one of his smart, responsible posts and I'll counter with a more typical one.

Let's see who runs out of material first.

We could play the same game with verbal quotes.  You'll be hopelessly outgunned there too.

52 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

My diabetic child may be on the verge of losing healthcare, so that's a fear I didn't have to live with the last nine years. 

I don't think that will happen Elle. I pray it doesn't.

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

If you don't recognize the implications of Trumps actions/proposals, I doubt I can explain it to you. But I am willing to try. 

I am willing to listen. Get started.

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

The stupid, inappropriate and idiotic ones.  That's got to be the great majority.

But if you want to test it, you can post one of his smart, responsible posts and I'll counter with a more typical one.

Let's see who runs out of material first.

We could play the same game with verbal quotes.  You'll be hopelessly outgunned there too.

I don't keep up with his tweets, so you'll simply have to throw a few out there for response.

21 minutes ago, homersapien said:

actions/proposals. Trump and his bunch can't govern. breath easy Brother homer

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Select a Trump policy or action.

The appointment of Judge Neil Gorsuch.

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

Does that mean Trump is taking away healthcare cost from all diabetic children? If so he is a sorry Ba$tard.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

actions/proposals. Trump and his bunch can't govern. breath easy Brother homer

Well I know that. 

But that doesn't mean they can't cause a lot of destruction before the 40-something percent of people who voted for him figure that out.  

Heck, using you as the example, they won't make any progress doing that until it their "personal life changes".   By then, it will probably take years to dig ourselves out of the situation he will leave us in.

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, then you obviously need to do your homework.  

Educate yourself:

http://www.trumptwitterarchive.com/

So I looked at the latest 10. What struck you as stupid, inappropriate and idiotic? 

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

The appointment of Judge Neil Gorsuch.

The biggest negative consequence was that it took the "nuclear option" to get him through the Senate.

Very bad precedent for the country.

The other (potential) negative is that he will reinforce the courts trend to favor the power of the rich and powerful corporations over the body politic.  After all, he is the son of Anne Gorsuch who - when she headed the EPA demonstrated a low regard for their mission. 

However, I will say potential, because no one really knows for sure, he may surprise some people.  I hope he does, but I doubt it.

7 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

So I looked at the latest 10. What struck you as stupid, inappropriate and idiotic? 

Every single one of them is to one degree or the other.  (And I left out just plain lying.)

None of them are worthy of the POTUS.  He comes across as a little kid who is desperate to brag about his (perceived) victories.  

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

The biggest negative consequence was that it took the "nuclear option" to get him through the Senate.

Very bad precedent for the country.

The other (potential) negative is that he will reinforce the courts trend to favor the power of the rich and powerful corporations over the body politic.  After all, he is the son of Anne Gorsuch who - when she headed the EPA demonstrated a low regard for their mission. 

However, I will say potential, because no one really knows for sure, he may surprise some people.  I hope he does, but I doubt it.

So the implication of this appointment is : "no one really knows for sure."  I would contend that could be said about many of his or his predecessors actions at this point in time. Wouldn't you? Don't we often have to wait and see?

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Don't insult my intelligence.

You are the most intelligent person I have ever read. Why don't you hire on as consultant to the big man Homer? You could solve a lot of problems. What a waste of talent hanging around the Palmetto State and playing on this board every day.   

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Every single one of them is to one degree or the other.  (And I left out just plain lying.)

None of them are worthy of the POTUS.  He comes across as a little kid who is desperate to brag about his (perceived) victories.  

Not going to lie, I didn't see them in the same vein. 

Isn't he speaking to those that elected him? Didn't I read where something like 98% of them still approved of him? 

I have seen some of his tweets reported here and thought they were stupid. No doubt about that, but I also feel he could tweet God Bless America and his opposition would revolt.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

So the implication of this appointment is : "no one really knows for sure."  I would contend that could be said about many of his or his predecessors actions at this point in time. Wouldn't you? Don't we often have to wait and see?

Stopping so soon? 

Assuming his budget proposals are adopted, do we really need to wait to see the effects on health and environmental research, not to mention the cutbacks in regulation? 

How long do you reckon we need to wait to see if there will be any affects on the State Department from their cuts?

Do you really believe Trump is going to provide everyone healthcare coverage at a lower price?  He doesn't know the first thing about it.

I am beginning to think no one really believes anything that comes out of Trump's mouth, including you.   Everything is "fake news" - at least until after it happens.

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

President Trumps appointment of Gorsuch is the reason many held their nose and voted for him. you owe mr. mensa no response.

Archived