Words of Robert Dunn

GaTigerFan

I have to agree with rocketman.  This is a mistake, especially considering all the class act kids that wanted to come to Auburn and didn't get offers.  I don't won't to see a criminal on the field, no matter how good he might be at playing a game.

And rocketman isn't an idiot for standing up for what's right.  I'd say he showed some character.

147073[/snapback]

Alot of folks wrote this guy off, too:

"I fought a lot and I stayed in trouble a lot" (Fauber, 2003). People in his hometown predicted a sad future for [bo] Jackson. He recalled, "The elderly people in my neighborhood told me that by the time I was 21, I would either be in a cemetery, or I would be in prison" (Hubbard, 2003).http://www.mnsu.edu/comdis/isad7/papers/famous7/famous7.html

Call it what you will, dismissing a young man as a "criminal" at this point in his life is over the top, unless the guy is really hardcore or just has a thug mentality. Tubby's met the young man and thinks he's worth the chance. Tubby has a pretty good track record, IMHO. I'm okay with the decision. If the kid's a problem and AU compromises its principles to keep him, then I'll complain.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those who doubt need to go back and read Chette William's story!  This will be one of his projects when he arrives.

147032[/snapback]

I'm an idiot? Define "idiot". Qualify your reason for calling me an idiot.

Why would you say that? I'm an Auburn grad (almost a half century). Alumni Association Life Member. Scholarship Donor, and Sanford Society Member.

I expressed my opinion which is the purpose of this forum (which prohibits insulting others).

If you want to continue this electronic discussion, so be it.

If you want to discuss it with me personally, I'll ID and give you my phone number.

Your call.

War Eagle!

This guy is a criminal and won't make it as an Auburn man.

I'm disappointed he was recruited.

146937[/snapback]

This is an idiotic statement imo. If you don't want to be considered an idiot don't make idiotic statements.

As was already pointed out on this thread bo jackson was pretty much a criminal in high school and I think we could say he did ok. Tubs has made a living off of being a judge of character and he thinks this kid is worth a shot. He may be wrong and you may be right, but for you to jump in with your statement like your some kind of psychic was idiotic in many people's opinion on this thread.

If you're gonna pop off like that on a board like this, be prepared to be called an idiot frequently.

Your credentials are impressive :rolleyes: .

I know you weren't talking to me but just in case you were thinking about extending me the phone call don't bother.

Those who doubt need to go back and read Chette William's story!  This will be one of his projects when he arrives.

147032[/snapback]

I'm an idiot? Define "idiot". Qualify your reason for calling me an idiot.

Why would you say that? I'm an Auburn grad (almost a half century). Alumni Association Life Member. Scholarship Donor, and Sanford Society Member.

I expressed my opinion which is the purpose of this forum (which prohibits insulting others).

If you want to discuss it with me personally, I'll ID and give you my phone number.

Your call.

War Eagle!

147242[/snapback]

Not sure how this reply goes with that quote, but anyway...

You expressed an opinion, a guy responded with his opinion, you've now expressed your opinion about what he said. Let it go.

"Dunn has had two run-ins with the law. He was arrested after firing a gun into the air in a McDonald's parking lot and for being an accessory to thefts of stolen property. "

Sounds great. I like this new breed of "Auburn" men that we are bringing in to the school. I'm sure this guy has some great excuses, all criminals do.

Also, I thought the personal insults towards rocketman were uncalled for considering he was totally correct to criticize a school that brings in a criminal into a coed environment soley because they want to win a game.

"Dunn has had two run-ins with the law. He was arrested after firing a gun into the air in a McDonald's parking lot and for being an accessory to thefts of stolen property. "

Sounds great.  I like this new breed of "Auburn" men that we are bringing in to the school.  I'm sure this guy has some great excuses, all criminals do. 

Also, I thought the personal insults towards rocketman were childish and pathetic considering he was totally correct to criticize a school that brings in a criminal into a coed environment soley because they want to win a game.

147352[/snapback]

you should damn well know better than that by know. CTT has brought in guys with troubled pasts and when they have messed up they were gone. Why is it soooooooo hard to believe that this kid is thankful for the opportunity and has gotten his life right. I am sure he knows very well and CTT has made it very clear that he will be gone if he messes up. Have a little faith in CTT for once.

I apologize if I offended anyone with my tone. CTT's greatest success so far has been his postive influence on the off the field lives of his players, I think it is more impressive than 1 million 13-0 seasons. If there is any football program in the country that can turn this guy's life around it is Auburn's. However, at the same time, Auburn's football program is not invulnerable to bad apples. I don't know Dunn so I won't post anymore on this.

If there is any football program in the country that can turn this guy's life around it is Auburn's.

147407[/snapback]

I think the point being made by most in this thread is that he appears to have already turned his life around.

147032[/snapback]

Knock youself out to respond with something intelligent, TitanTiger.

I'm standing by for your definition of "idiot".

idiot- person who comes to a chat board spewing out opinion like it's solid fact, then when questioned, throws out a bunch of credentials like it gives him some right to spew idiocy.

I'm sure titan is tending to his family this weekend. Looks like he hit a nerve with the idiot comment. Looks like you're more than a little insecure about being called an idiot. Could be something to it. I just hope senility is not setting in and titan will end up feeling guilty for calling you an idiot, even though technically he was dead on.

147032[/snapback]

147463[/snapback]

When calling out a person for calling you an idiot, it helps your case a lot if you quote the correct post. No need to thank me, just trying to help you prove that you are not an idiot. ;)

147032[/snapback]

147463[/snapback]

When calling out a person for calling you an idiot, it helps your case a lot if you quote the correct post. No need to thank me, just trying to help you prove that you are not an idiot. ;)

147465[/snapback]

I tried pointing this out up thread. It didn't take. :blink:

BTW:

It appears his answer was "no."

If what the guy said is true he's pushing 70 so maybe we should just ignore him. I feel kinda bad ragging on an alzheimers patient.

Either he's incapable of quoting correctly or he thinks jttiger is an alternative identity for tt.

You guys have been really disrespectful of a 70 year old man. I'm ashamed for some of you on here. Rocketman was upset because he was insulted because he expressed some serious doubts about letting someone involved in a fencing operation into Auburn. Dunn has also been convicted of weapons violations. For people like Rocketman, they like Auburn football however they always keep it in perspective. It's just a game. They understand what is really important regarding Auburn University over Auburn's football team, which is just a pleasant distration in our lives, nothing more. Rocketman showed some character and wisdom and he was attacked for it by people who make themsleves look like they have neither.

You guys have been really disrespectful of a 70 year old man.  I'm ashamed for some of you on here.  Rocketman was upset because he was insulted because he expressed some serious doubts about letting someone involved in a fencing operation into Auburn.  Dunn has also been convicted of weapons violations.  For people like Rocketman, they like Auburn football however they always keep it in perspective.  It's just a game. They understand what is really important regarding Auburn University over Auburn's football team, which is just a pleasant distration in our lives, nothing more.  Rocketman showed some character and wisdom and he was attacked for it by people who make themsleves look like they have neither.

147548[/snapback]

Wishbone, words can't express how meaningless your opinion is to me. I stand by my attacks on rocketman due to his first post on this thread. If that bothers you, good.

CTT has shown again and again that he is a good judge of character and knows how to recruit the right kind of kids and I know that he has seen something in this kid that he likes. The first ting the kid has to do is go through a year of military academy stuff and if he can hack that then he is on the right track.

Since you have decided to start challenging everyone's character and such let me ask you a question. Remeber all that stuff about character and the other diarrhea that recently flowed out of your mouth.

Are you the same wishbone that was pretty much banned from the older WEN forums for spewing racist remarks? Please don't lie now you pontificator you. :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

146937[/snapback]

You're an idiot.

147034[/snapback]

Did you see that round number of 4 whole posts

147042[/snapback]

Pope Bobby's kind of criminal!

146937[/snapback]

You're an idiot.

147034[/snapback]

Did you see that round number of 4 whole posts

147042[/snapback]

Pope Bobby's kind of criminal!

147570[/snapback]

You're still an idiot. :lol:

My definition of idiot........an Auburn "man" who calls another Auburn man an idiot.

147583[/snapback]

Whatever proud. There are idiots in every group. Idiot is a totally relative word.

By your own definition you just called yourself an idiot. :lol: Think about it.

My definition of idiot........an Auburn "man" who calls another Auburn man an idiot.

147583[/snapback]

Whatever proud. There are idiots in every group. Idiot is a totally relative word.

By your own definition you just called yourself an idiot. :lol: Think about it.

147585[/snapback]

OK I thought about it. What Auburn man did I call an idiot? If I did i was temporarily an idiot. :D

Well, I was just funning with you but technically there are plenty of AU guys who call other AU guys idiots and you just called them all idiots including me and titantiger on this thread.

You're right, time for the shed on this one, it isn't adding anything at all to the main board.

Best of luck to Dunn on continuing to turn his life around and become a good citizen.

Man, did this thread go down the pooper in a hurry...

I feel certain the dude is under a "1 strike and you're out" policy. If he stays on the straight and narrow and becomes a productive citizen because of the opportunity, then it was a chance worth taking and not another word will be heard. If not, then the naysayers will likely bellow "I told you so" almost out of a sense of perverse pride.

Archived