Post a picture

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Ok, I came, I sat and I stayed....where’s my treat.

No, that was the you see me sitting by the backdoor why aren't you taking me out?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No, that was the you see me sitting by the backdoor why aren't you taking me out?

A symptom of Coronavirus?  Dogs can read their humans.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, AUDub said:

Tools are damned crack, man.

Kicker, I can do refrigeration. If I need to replace an A-coil or compressor I could pull it off since I know how to braise and how to not absolutely FUBAR electrical diagrams. Only thing is the refrigerant,  which I can get, but only at a significant mark-up. 

Electrical diagrams are the basis of my education and I love working with it but don’t in my job. So fixing things outside of work is satisfying. I did hvac for a while 25 +years ago but usually installed. Brazing/ sweating is no problem. Refrigeration is not very complicated it’s just such an investment into the equipment and gas and recovery machine that I can’t justify going into. I can get friends with license to buy units for me and I have installed a few for myself and family but only package units. If it’s a split unit I hire it done. 

On 5/29/2020 at 4:48 PM, bigbird said:

Turned 1 this month

IMG_20200529_164615_01.jpg

That's a beautiful dog.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

That's a beautiful dog.

Thanks! We sure think so.

On 5/29/2020 at 4:48 PM, bigbird said:

Turned 1 this month

IMG_20200529_164615_01.jpg

That's the most adorable Birddog I've ever seen. :)

Edited by gr82be
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Grumps said:

My wife’s new car tag:

image.jpeg

Sure glad they went away from the one a few years ago that had the orange and blue fading from dark to light. I know the have to change every few years and this one looks pretty nice. 

• Like 1

Just going through old ticket stubs of my late father in law. Wonder how many of these @augolf1716 attended? 1965 Orange bowl ticket @ $6.50.  That was a bammer/Texas game I think. Sure he yelled for the Longhorns.

IMG_0822.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Just going through old ticket stubs of my late father in law. Wonder how many of these @augolf1716 attended? 1965 Orange bowl ticket @ $6.50.  That was a bammer/Texas game I think. Sure he yelled for the Longhorns.

IMG_0822.JPG

Heck I saw everyone of those Auburn games I believe that UT game was a doubleheader where Bammer played LSU day game and AU/UT was the night game. My Dad and I went to both games. I remember Mike Currier scored on 3 of his first 4 plays. and we beat #5 UT that night. This is a picture from that game with Mike 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Heck I saw everyone of those Auburn games I believe that UT game was a doubleheader where Bammer played LSU day game and AU/UT was the night game. My Dad and I went to both games. I remember Mike Currier scored on 3 of his first 4 plays. and we beat #5 UT that night. This is a picture from that game with Mike 

Pretty sure you are correct about the double header. That used to happen every year or so. I do remember listening to that game. If I recall Currier tossed the ball in the stands after his scores. Seems I recall going the 69 Florida and for sure the 72 Tech. For whatever reason made it to most Auburn/Tech games growing up. Really miss old rivalry games like that one. Fun stuff.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gr82be said:

Sure glad they went away from the one a few years ago that had the orange and blue fading from dark to light. I know the have to change every few years and this one looks pretty nice. 

I was hoping you'd reply to this one. As you can guess, GR82B nor GR82BE were available when I was selecting the tags several years ago.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I was hoping you'd reply to this one. As you can guess, GR82B nor GR82BE were available when I was selecting the tags several years ago.

Yeah, I tried to get PLAINS and ended up with PLA1NS which actually was pretty cool since it was right after we won the NC. The 1 seemed to fit well at the time. :)

41 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Was that her tag last year Grumps?

She has had the same letters/numbers for several years, but this particular tag is new as of two days ago.

Two favorites from a favorite!~here's the backstory on the first. 🥰

"In August 1968, the country was still reeling from the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. four months earlier, and the race riots that followed on its heels. Nightly news showed burning cities, radicals and reactionaries snarling at each other across the cultural divide.

A brand new children’s show out of Pittsburgh, which had gone national the previous year, took a different approach. Fred Rogers had met François Clemmons at a church service after hearing him sing, and asked him to join the show. Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood introduced Officer Clemmons, a black police officer who was a kindly, responsible authority figure, kept his neighborhood safe, and was Mr. Roger’s equal, colleague and neighbor.

A year later in 1969 when black Americans were still prevented from swimming alongside whites, Mr. Rogers invited Officer Clemmons to join him and cool his feet in a plastic wading pool, breaking a well-known color barrier. And there they were, brown feet and white feet, side by side in the water, silently, contemplatively, without comment. The episode culminated with Rogers drying off Clemmons’ feet. Most young kids were probably unaware of the real weight the episode carried, its scriptural overtones, but the image of a white man tending to the needs of a black man was seared in their minds nonetheless.

Twenty five years later, when François Clemmons retired, his last scene on the show revisited that same wading pool, this time reminiscing. Officer Clemmons asked Mr. Rogers what he’d been thinking during their silent interlude a quarter century before. Fred Rogers’ answer was that he’d been thinking of the many ways people say “I love you.”

In a world screaming out for tolerance, acceptance, kindness, and love - choose to be a Fred Rogers - because if more people could find a way to love others the way he did, without barriers, this world would be a much better place..."

101624384_10163852835060051_1650328663658332160_n.jpg

look-for-the-helpers---and-thank-them.jpg

Edited by ToraGirl
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I picked 12 ripe, full-sized tomatoes from this one plant today. I have never had a plant do this well. I have already picked 2-3 from it and have probably 20 more getting close to full size. I love a BLT!image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

I picked 12 ripe, full-sized tomatoes from this one plant today. I have never had a plant do this well. I have already picked 2-3 from it and have probably 20 more getting close to full size. I love a BLT!image.jpeg

That's fantastic...love anything you can do with a tomato!

8 hours ago, Grumps said:

Gorgeous. Had my first mater sandwich(es) of the season the other day. Tomatoes, peaches, basil and corn make summer heat much more bearable.

• Like 1

Oh man that hurts.  I was about $100 into planting tomatoes last year... I got about 5 decent grape tomatoes.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Grumps said:

What I wouldn't give for a proper fried green tomato right now.  Can't find them easily here in heathen Texas.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 11:24 PM, Brad_ATX said:

What I wouldn't give for a proper fried green tomato right now.  Can't find them easily here in heathen Texas.

My mom fries them red. Try it sometime. 

My boy Auggie (left) went to join our girl Gracie (right) yesterday. Lots of ugly crying in the days preceding but he made it clear he was ready. 

He caught squirrels, he herded horses, he got punked out by geese and possum, he survived an army of bees, he accidentally jumped off a building and walked away, he climbed mountains, he swam in rivers, lakes and the ocean, he free roamed the mean streets of East Atlanta and got me in a hell of a lot of trouble, he broke hearts, he landed me dates, he was my copilot through 5 moves to 3 states, he was guardian and protector to my roommate turned girlfriend turned wife turned mother and then our 2 kids, and he was beloved by all who knew him. 

There'll never be another one like you, buddy. Tell those squirrels in heaven that Aug Dog is coming and he's bringing hell with him.

FB_IMG_1592054858323.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Sad 1