What happened to the forum?

LKEEL75

40 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

That is the funny thing.  This is my work laptop and it is the most restrictive network settings I have ever been around.  

Maybe your employer is trying to tell you something...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

That is the funny thing.  This is my work laptop and it is the most restrictive network settings I have ever been around.  

Don't go all Hugh Freeze on us with the employer-issued equipment now!!!

Thanks for the help guys (well those that offered help :)).  I did try another browser and it wasn't happening so I uninstalled\reinstalled Chrome and now it is all back to normal.  

49 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Thanks for the help guys (well those that offered help :)).  I did try another browser and it wasn't happening so I uninstalled\reinstalled Chrome and now it is all back to normal.  

You gotta have a burner laptop man. Everybody knows this lol.

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

You gotta have a burner laptop man. Everybody knows this lol.

Or do what I do. 

Leave for months, maybe years at a time and stay for such a short period of time that you don't leave footprints. 

@RunInRed you thinking about applying?! lol

23 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

I can't tell if my machine has a virus or the site has been hacked.  So is anyone else seeing assorted adds within the text of the messages?  Something like...

image.png

Obviously, Golf has hacked your account.  He is a MOD.

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

Am I strange that I just read all 6 pages of this thread ... I need a life ... or get back to work ...

Work are you nuts?

On 8/2/2017 at 10:20 AM, lkeel75 said:

I can't tell if my machine has a virus or the site has been hacked.  So is anyone else seeing assorted adds within the text of the messages?  Something like...

image.png

Since later on you mentioned this happened to you using Google Chrome, a story at Ars Technica earlier gives me an idea of what may have happened to you.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/08/after-phishing-attacks-chrome-extensions-push-adware-to-millions/

8 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Since later on you mentioned this happened to you using Google Chrome, a story at Ars Technica earlier gives me an idea of what may have happened to you.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/08/after-phishing-attacks-chrome-extensions-push-adware-to-millions/

Very likely since I have web developer installed.  Thanks for that link.

16 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

@RunInRed not trying to pile on here...  just wanted you to know it is hard to see the links at the bottom with white font on this background.

image.png

Fixed.

59 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Got another one as that notification popped up that you had done that.  You cant read it:

image.png

Is this one still an issue?

36 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Is this one still an issue?

Sorry.  Not sure.  I wasn't logged in when you responded.  If you are still online, then try again and I will let you know.

Archived