Shuffled Offensive Line

Piketiger1990

With the injury to Darius James we got to see Casey Dunn play center and bumped Austin Golsen out to right tackle. Is there any chance this lineup could stick? Thankfully James' injury isn't significant and should be back. 

Also, some people weren't exactly excited about a grad transfer coming in to be a back up, well now we see how valuable he could be. 

I do not know what the answer is at OL but it is big problem for us. For whatever reason we can not run block. Pettway averaging less than 4 ypc against Mercer should never happen regardless if he is 100% or not. There are major issues with the OL. 

Some of it is scheme some is failure at the point of attack and not just the OL.  Cox isn't very good inside on D-linemen.  He's much better on OLB's.  We are not running anything to the edge with Pettway.  I don't even think we ran a buck sweep yesterday.  Just the power over and over.  That allows the DL to keep pinching down.  

Dunn did a pretty good job.  Golson does decent at C as well.  Good to have a few snaps for Dunn.  

One thing that was talked about in the off season was our OL had questions and that has proved true in the first 3 games. They need work and luckily the schedule sets up for them to get a bit. 

I was out of town and watched only 1qtr so far. Run game is not good. Petway looks nothing like last year and nothing comes easy for him. Entire run game is off. Need other rbs to get experience. 

Archived