I Love This Guy

Proud Tiger

5 minutes ago, HVAU said:

That's great that he did that.  He's exercising his right to free speech.

And showing the repsect he served for. What %  of the protesters do you think ever served?

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

Protesters of what?

I see what you doing... :lol:

It started because people thought police killed too many black people.

But, wasn't all the kneel downs/not coming out yesterday for Trump?

6 hours ago, Mims44 said:

I see what you doing... :lol:

It started because people thought police killed too many black people.

But, wasn't all the kneel downs/not coming out yesterday for Trump?

No.

They were coming out in response to Trump.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No. (?)

They were coming out in response to Trump.

That's what I meant.

Nazis, KKK, Skinheads are very fine people.

Someone taking a knee before an entertainment show is a SOB. (BTW, can we type out SOB now on the site since our CiC thinks it's ok to use in public?)

So a great deal more people took a knee this past sunday due to trumps d-bagness and not for the original point of colons kneeling.

25 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

That's what I meant.

Nazis, KKK, Skinheads are very fine people.

Someone taking a knee before an entertainment show is a SOB. (BTW, can we type out SOB now on the site since our CiC thinks it's ok to use in public?)

So a great deal more people took a knee this past sunday due to trumps d-bagness and not for the original point of colons kneeling.

OK.    But "for" Trump and "to" Trump imply two very different things.  

But I agree with you.  It just builds on the theme of him being racist.  (But he doesn't care.)

22 hours ago, homersapien said:

OK.    But "for" Trump and "to" Trump imply two very different things.  

But I agree with you.  It just builds on the theme of him being racist.  (But he doesn't care.)

I have come to the conclusion he isn't a racist.  But he wants the racist to think he is and doesn't give a damn what anyone else thinks. The most disgusting asshowl ever in politics. 

20 minutes ago, alexava said:

I have come to the conclusion he isn't a racist.  But he wants the racist to think he is and doesn't give a damn what anyone else thinks. The most disgusting asshowl ever in politics. 

Cynically using racism for personal gain is just as bad IMO.

So have any of you actually watched his press conference from yesterday?  I suggest that you do.  It's not as clear cut as many of you are trying to make it out to be, as he explains.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

So have any of you actually watched his press conference from yesterday?  I suggest that you do.  It's not as clear cut as many of you are trying to make it out to be, as he explains.

What about it?

29 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

What about it?

Basically there are folks in this thread making blanket statements about this man's intention or respect without knowing the entire circumstances.  It's worth listening to his point, as he does speak about the entire kneeling issue as well.

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Basically there are folks in this thread making blanket statements about this man's intention or respect without knowing the entire circumstances.  It's worth listening to his point, as he does speak about the entire kneeling issue as well.

I’ve listened to it. His intention was to go out for the Anthem but he didn’t mean to make others “look bad.”

I get that. He was a team player with a “moral dilemma” as he called it.

18 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I haven't seen that, but have been slacking on my AUforums lurking lately :lol:

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’ve listened to it. His intention was to go out for the Anthem but he didn’t mean to make others “look bad.”

I get that. He was a team player with a “moral dilemma” as he called it.

Pretty much what I figured, people got a right to kneel, but he got a right to stand as well. it's simply the reverse of last year... team mates wanting to kneel but having the dilemma of looking like they aren't a "team player".

2 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

I haven't seen that, but have been slacking on my AUforums lurking lately :lol:

Pretty much what I figured, people got a right to kneel, but he got a right to stand as well. it's simply the reverse of last year... team mates wanting to kneel but having the dilemma of looking like they aren't a "team player".

Apparently the guy doesn’t like the spotlight.  He said he saw all the cameras around him when he came out the tunnel for the pledge and apparently the cameras freaked him out and made him wonder if he should go inside and be with the team. He’s a human being. I’m guessing if he had to do it again, he’d just stay inside. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Apparently the guy doesn’t like the spotlight.  He said he saw all the cameras around him when he came out the tunnel for the pledge and apparently the cameras freaked him out and made him wonder if he should go inside and be with the team. He’s a human being. I’m guessing if he had to do it again, he’d just stay inside. 

I was saddened that he felt the need to apologize to his team mates ....and for what.....for taking the bullet for them in response to what I consider a gutless move by the head coach.  

JMO but  he did what he thought was right and don't think I've seen any / many of his team mates talking about or defending his first amendment right to step out and salute the flag.  Kind of reminds me about what went on at U of Mizz a few years ago when a handful of players wanted to boycott a football game and the coach and rest of the team caved in to a minority thinking it would make them a better team.  ....but did nothing of the sort.

Wonder what bitterness is hiding under the surface in NFL locker rooms now among players who are embarrassed by the stance their team and owners are taking and yet don't want to create stress among their fellow players.

Trump has made his point and needs to move on.  He can never win the media battle.....but the NFL is going to lose the war for the American people's affection from this point forward. Just another reason for another segment of the population to drop the NFL from their viewing habits...JMO

Sorry Al....you deserved better from your team mates....:hellyeah:

I respect this guy as much as you possibly can. Every flag waving, pissed off "patriot " should listen to him. He's a damn hero without football. More importantly he's a stand up human. Don't want the spotlight and appreciative of opportunity and respectful of teammates. 

3 hours ago, alexava said:

I respect this guy as much as you possibly can. Every flag waving, pissed off "patriot " should listen to him. He's a damn hero without football. More importantly he's a stand up human. Don't want the spotlight and appreciative of opportunity and respectful of teammates. 

For once we agree 100%

Archived