Cam Newton- Questionable Comment

aujeff11

I see nothing wrong with it. As far as I know, no woman has ever discussed route trees with me. But, of course, somebody is going to get offended over it.

This is going to cause some confusion within the ranks.  I mean, he is black...but then again, they only let black men voice controversial opinions when its aimed at white men.  Dear god, WHAT DO WE DO? I believe that "white women in sports" still have a higher ranking on the oppression leaderboards, so this probably won't end well for Cam.

Who cares...every comment is controversial nowadays, somebody is going to get offended

6 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Who cares...every comment is controversial nowadays, somebody is going to get offended

I get Cam's point as it is rare to talk about route tree intricacies with women, but he's gotta know better.  As the face of the franchise, it's just a dumb comment to make.  Learn from Belicheck here: answer the question straight up and move on.

Cam and Nick Saban should do a remake of the song Ebony and Ivory and add a verse in there about being interviewed by female reporters.:popcorn:

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

Highly doubt it’s the Trump fanbase that’s acting outraged. 

I saw the video this morning though. The question wasn’t that difficult and it  didn’t delve deep into route trees. Cam Newton was being an ass and deserves whatever shame he gets. He was also acting strange. Almost like he was high.

Cam has become an "icon" just as he said he would....so as a celebrity and icon is supposed to be able to say whatever he want's without apology....check the political icons like HC or MO.....or folks on late night TV who insult half (or more) of the population of the country virtually every day without shame.

But Cam needs to remember....when he's up there on behalf of the Panthers he is just a football player...and he should stick to answering questions.  Don't make jokes because hardly anyone has a sense of humor these days..especially media people.   I expect he knows that now.

51 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I saw the video this morning though. The question wasn’t that difficult and it  didn’t delve deep into route trees. Cam Newton was being an ass and deserves whatever shame he gets. He was also acting strange. Almost like he was high.

That's always been there, but rarely is glaring.

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I don't doubt it. He is in the NFL and that's the Trump base's latest target.

Hopefully Cam will apologize.

8 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I don't doubt it. He is in the NFL and that's the Trump base's latest target.

Hopefully Cam will apologize.

Even if that’s true,  no Trumpster has the right to call anybody sexist.  

Sorry Cam....you screwed up and folks are not going to let it go. 

Guess he thought that after the "black power" salute on Sunday afternoon got by without challenge he was invincible...exercising his First Amendment rights..  But with that comment, he crossed a line he probably did not know existed...or perhaps one that he did not think applied to him.      

Update...this same woman made racist comments on twitter.

I love the double standard nowadays.  The hypocrisy is overwhelming.  Cam loses sponsor for a comment, but this reporter doesn’t have to worry about tweeting racist statements.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Bolt/Panthers-reporter-Jourdan-Rodrigue-apologizes-for-racist-tweets-108454807/Amp

11 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Update...this same woman made racist comments on twitter.

I love the double standard nowadays.  The hypocrisy is overwhelming.  Cam loses sponsor for a comment, but this reporter doesn’t have to worry about tweeting racist statements.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Bolt/Panthers-reporter-Jourdan-Rodrigue-apologizes-for-racist-tweets-108454807/Amp

I was just about to post this! 

https://www.google.com/amp/thebiglead.com/2017/10/05/panthers-reporter-jourdan-rodrigue-apologizes-for-past-problematic-tweets/amp/

Archived