NBA Thread

aujeff11

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well said as usual fam!!!!!! You always put things so perfectly and have the right thing to say!!!! YOU ARE AU FAMILY GOAT!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! lol

This is the only goat that I am

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

This is the only goat that I am

giphy.gif

Because you are THE GOAT I got to ask you who you got and how many games for this series? I once again unfortunately have to pick the Warriors in 5. 

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Because you are THE GOAT I got to ask you who you got and how many games for this series? I once again unfortunately have to pick the Warriors in 5. 

Warriors in 6 for me. 

Drake gets ejected from game 5.

Edited by Tiger
  • Haha 1

@Tiger YOU ARE OFFICIALLY THE NBA GURU!!!!!!!!! YOU TOLD MUHHHHHH 2 years ago Siakam was going to be a bonafide STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD!!!!!!!!! And look what he just did in Game 1 of the NBA FINALS!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE has got me to believe in the Raptors that they have a 17% chance to win it all up from where I was at before Game 1 which was a 4% chance. LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! You said if the Raptors can avoid their usual atrocious game 1 blues they have a shot to win this series. ALL HAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL TIGER!!!!!!!! THE GURU OF NBA DISCUSSION!!! lmao

• Haha 1

Great win... Great win!!!!! Siakim showed up big time and played great on both sides. Efficient. Danny Green made an appearance!!! FVV is even keel!!! Gasol made a big impact in his first finals(I believe it is).

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

@Tiger YOU ARE OFFICIALLY THE NBA GURU!!!!!!!!! YOU TOLD MUHHHHHH 2 years ago Siakam was going to be a bonafide STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD!!!!!!!!! And look what he just did in Game 1 of the NBA FINALS!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE has got me to believe in the Raptors that they have a 17% chance to win it all up from where I was at before Game 1 which was a 4% chance. LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! You said if the Raptors can avoid their usual atrocious game 1 blues they have a shot to win this series. ALL HAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL TIGER!!!!!!!! THE GURU OF NBA DISCUSSION!!! lmao

LOL man I got lucky on that one and only because a lifelong friend of mine is a former NMSU RB and still follows all NMSU sports so I just happened to catch several of Pascal's games in college. He was nasty and I'm glad to see him putting it all together. Still think GSW in 6 though but the Raps cleared that game 1 hurdle. 

But now that I'm on this hot streak I have no choice

giphy.gif

• Love 1

I thought this was interesting as far as talking Steph and the other thread as far as athletes and coaching or whatnot

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

I thought this was interesting as far as talking Steph and the other thread as far as athletes and coaching or whatnot

LOVE LOVE LOVE Fox game. Dude is a freaking blur on the court. When he develops a consistent J IT IS OVER!!! He will be a All Star BAY BAY!

Culver came in at 6 ft 6 at the combine. Why Bron been lying to us all this time about his height?!??! I FEEL BAMBOOZLED!!!!!!! lmao

gygh.jpg

Steph Curry played like garbage the first 20 minutes of the game again. 

Anybody notice he’s with a team doctor every time he has a cold streak? 

#NeedKDtoscore

#NeedKDagainstSiakam 

Edited by aujeff11

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Steph Curry played like garbage the first 20 minutes of the game again. 

Anybody notice he’s with a team doctor every time he has a cold streak? 

#NeedKDtoscore

#NeedKDagainstSiakam 

They are literally playing a whole box and 1 just for Steph hence you see everybody wide open like this last shot Iggy hit. Curry dictates the entire game....you won't see that on a piece of paper under stats though! Played good defense too 😮

Great game!

Edited by cole256

0erjioerioerio0-0--00-5688569jirtriuituiuiuiuiuiuiuiuiuiuiuiuiuiuiui249249249249249249249249249249249249249249249249249  OMGSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that WIDE TF ASS OPEN SHOT Iggy just hit with the closest person next to him was across the border gave me horrific flashbacks to the 2015 finals when he got the same wide open looks. That is what you have to do and if he hits them you just have to live with it but DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN it hurts so bad when a non shooter like iggy hits them. They said he was 0-11 last 5 games from three before tonight where he was 2-4.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

They are literally playing a whole box and 1 just for Steph hence you see everybody wide open like this last shot Iggy hit. Curry dictates the entire game....you won't see that on a piece of paper under stats though! 

Great game!

Steph has a lot of gamers at his disposal. Klay, Green, Cousins, and even Cook were making shots. Curry is alright but you know if KD was in there, he’d be commanding his high share of attention too. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Steph has a lot of gamers at his disposal. Klay, Green, Cousins, and even Cook were making shots. Curry is alright but you know if KD was in there, he’d be commanding his high share of attention too. 

One of the videos I posted NBA coaches say stop Steph first, green, cousins, Iggy, and cook all received wide open looks because of defense focused on Steph. They played him full court the ENTIRE game. I know it's hard to give credit where it's due lol. This game is a great example of the difference between him and Harden. You can effect the game without shooting the ball every time it touches your hands

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

One of the videos I posted NBA coaches say stop Steph first, green, cousins, Iggy, and cook all received wide open looks because of defense focused on Steph. They played him full court the ENTIRE game. I know it's hard to give credit where it's due lol. This game is a great example of the difference between him and Harden. You can effect the game without shooting the ball every time it touches your hands

I don’t need box scores bro. I saw the game too. I saw Curry do nothing in the first half and the Warriors be down at the half. Also saw that Curry didn’t attempt a single shot in the fourth and only had 4 assists total. Draymond Green nearly had a triple double and created much of his offense on his own. Cousins too. 

Stephen Curry in the 2nd half tonight (team was down 5 at halftime):

7 PTS

1 REB

2 AST

2 Fouls

1 Technical Foul

2/7 FG

Edited by aujeff11

9 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t need box scores bro. I saw the game too. I saw Curry do nothing in the first half and the Warriors be down at the half. Also saw that Curry didn’t attempt a single shot in the fourth and only had 4 assists total. Draymond Green nearly had a triple double and created much of his offense on his own. Cousins too. 

Stephen Curry in the 2nd half tonight (team was down 5 at halftime):

7 PTS

1 REB

2 AST

2 Fouls

1 Technical Foul

2/7 FG

But you're still quoting box scores? There was one sequence during the game van Gundy said Steph should have 4 screen assists because when they ran the high pick and roll both defenders would jump out on him and they would give an easy lay up. But I'm not going to argue what I'm talking about I guess you would have to actually experience to understand. Only shot draymond created for himself was when he pushed in transition, they didn't even run a play without starting the high pick and roll first.

But ok Steph didn't do anything. Lol. Let you tell it he didn't do anything in the first half, he only scored 7 in the second half and in the 4th he didn't shoot so Steph was not a factor during the game.....they ran a box and 1 on him for no reason 😂 oh and you forgot his 3 steals but that wouldn't fit right now!

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

They are literally playing a whole box and 1 just for Steph hence you see everybody wide open like this last shot Iggy hit. Curry dictates the entire game....you won't see that on a piece of paper under stats though! Played good defense too 😮

Great game!

Would you not see that under assists...?

Edited by abw0004

17 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Would you not see that under assists...?

No you wouldn't. You can't see pace or plays like the last 3 Iggy hit under assist. At least not under his assits

50 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No you wouldn't. You can't see pace or plays like the last 3 Iggy hit under assist. At least not under his assits

Fair enough.  I know it will not show as assists if not than 3 steps are taken from the receiver of the pass.  But generally he would log 60% of the passes that resulted in points as assists.  Not going after Curry though, just basketball in general.  Same can be said of Westbrook.

I did not see the end of game 2 so I can't comment on how he played.  They really need to start the games earlier.  A 9:00 PM start time on Wednesday?  I won't get to finish that one either. 

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

But you're still quoting box scores? 

They confirm what I see basically. 

here was one sequence during the game van Gundy said Steph should have 4 screen assists because when they ran the high pick and roll both defenders would jump out on him and they would give an easy lay up

I remember that. Thought it was very complimentary of Van Gundy. 

But I'm not going to argue what I'm talking about I guess you would have to actually experience to understand. Only shot draymond created for himself was when he pushed in transition, they didn't even run a play without starting the high pick and roll first.

Draymond is the real MVP!! Nearly averaging a triple double and just shot down Siakam. 

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I get what you’re saying but the raptors treating Curry as the main threat and forcing him to give the ball up doesn’t mean he’s impacting the game. He’s just doing what the Raptors want him to do. 

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I get what you’re saying but the raptors treating Curry as the main threat and forcing him to give the ball up doesn’t mean he’s impacting the game. He’s just doing what the Raptors want him to do. 

You aren't understanding what I'm saying. Steph on the court literally just his presence on the court open up lanes. And trust me NOBODY ever wants to double, you certainly don't want to double up high, you NEVER want to run a box and one unless you have to. Iggy shot that last shot wide open and Steph did what they wanted him to do. Draymond shot countless lay ups because of Steph

Saying Steph doesn't impact the game is like saying Capella is a 20 and 10 guy by himself