NBA Thread

aujeff11

24 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You aren't understanding what I'm saying. Steph on the court literally just his presence on the court open up lanes

You could say this about a lot of players. Lot of players have the ability to open the games up. So what’s so special about Curry that his presence alone makes him even more terrifying than the rest. 

31 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And trust me NOBODY ever wants to double, you certainly don't want to double up high, you NEVER want to run a box and one unless you have to

They didn’t run box and one until the fourth quarter and that was when Durant and Klay  were out and it mostly worked. The Raptors  had no problems with the scheme. 

27 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You could say this about a lot of players. Lot of players have the ability to open the games up. So what’s so special about Curry that his presence alone makes him even more terrifying than the rest. 

They didn’t run box and one until the fourth quarter and that was when Durant and Klay  were out and it mostly worked. The Raptors  had no problems with the scheme. 

You can't be serious 😂😂😂 ok man goodnight

58 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You can't be serious 😂😂😂 ok man goodnight

We ain’t always gonna agree bro. It’s all good. Would be weird if we did.

Kevon Looney is out indefinitely with a fractured collarbone per Woj.

11 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

We ain’t always gonna agree bro. It’s all good. Would be weird if we did.

Yeah I know that......but your last question though.......wow

27 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah I know that......but your last question though.......wow

I thought it was a good question. His presence or pace of play didn’t have much of an impact when GS went completely cold. He didn’t shoot any in the fourth despite the fact he was the best shooter on the court. He was effectively negated.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I thought it was a good question. His presence or pace of play didn’t have much of an impact when GS went completely cold. He didn’t shoot any in the fourth despite the fact he was the best shooter on the court. He was effectively negated.

This is going in circles because you're not understanding what I'm saying......the biggest shot of the game where it was put out of reach was wide open because of his being on the court.....and that's just one play, draymon scored ten points off of them over playing Steph. If you run a box and one or if you play a guy full court man EVERYBODY benefit from you. Spacing to attack the rim nobody else can double......bunch of stuff but if you're just looking for a box score stat then you can't see it. And that's cool, but when you hear everybody say he's the most important player on the team, that's why

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

what I'm saying......the biggest shot of the game where it was put out of reach was wide open because of his being on the court....

But you could say that about a lot of stars. Lebron is great at drawing the D into the paint and then kicking it out to a wide open 3. That clinching play wasn’t even all that great. Steph nearly turned it over, but Livingston saved it and then passed it to a wide open Iggy. Iggy was wide open because he’s not much of a shooter. 

18 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

But you could say that about a lot of stars. Lebron is great at drawing the D into the paint and then kicking it out to a wide open 3. That clinching play wasn’t even all that great. Steph nearly turned it over, but Livingston saved it and then passed it to a wide open Iggy. Iggy was wide open because he’s not much of a shooter. 

That's ridiculous, you don't leave even the worst shooters wide open. Iggy was open because they doubled Steph almost at half court, Iggy guy rotated and that left the ENTIRE side of the floor wide open. That's why you won't see it in the box score. You think coaches and analysts are just making stuff up when they say this?

And yes LeBron is great but even he has to get to the paint, Steph crossing half court means his man has to extend their defense out that wide and leaves lanes everywhere. Pretty much what Toronto did to the Greek freak couldn't have happened if Steph was on that team. 

But no you're not saying that about alot of stars. Teams doesn't dictate their defense for just a few players

The whole style of the way the game is even played now is because of Steph. 

Edited by cole256

That's ridiculous, you don't leave even the worst shooters wide open. 

Why wouldnt you bro? 

And yes LeBron is great but even he has to get to the paint, Steph crossing half court means his man has to extend their defense out that wide and leaves lanes everywhere

Yes, creates vulnerability for the defense. I’m seeing this gravity argument from fellow Steph fans. I think y’all should find a way to qualify this into a stat. Similar to VORP or WAR. 

Edited by aujeff11

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Why wouldnt you bro? 

Yes, creates vulnerability for the defense. I’m seeing this gravity argument from fellow Steph fans. I think y’all should find a way to qualify this into a stat. Similar to VORP or WAR. 

That's just common sense man to be honest. You can't help if you're guarding your man every step he takes. Everybody would prefer to clog up the lane but if you have to run a guy off the 3 point line you can't. Nobody wants to double but if you have to you have to.

Oh and you don't because you could lose the game like Toronto just did. 

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh and you don't because you could lose the game like Toronto just did

The Warriors were on an 18-0 run and was ready to slit their throat. The box and one helped Toronto get back into the game and if Klay and KD are out again, they should try it again. They went from down double digits to down two in just short minutes.

Edited by aujeff11

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

The Warriors were on an 18-0 run and was ready to slit their throat. The box and one helped Toronto get back into the game and if Klay and KD are out again, they should try it again. They went from down double digits to down two in just short minutes.

The box and one didn't help at all really, basketball games always go that way at the end of games. Team stops from trying to score to just holding the ball. The team that's down go to desperate shooting and the defense usually steps out of the way to avoid fouls. 

No different than football at the end of halves. Fantasy football you can always count on your qb adding a quick 5-7 points

Looney out for the playoffs....KD out for game 3...Klay less than 100% and I still feel that Raps lose game 3. KD is for sure coming back for game 4. Raps need to get it together. Cousins is playing better and this spells DOOM for them. They might just return to the Toronto Craptors.

20 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Looney out for the playoffs....KD out for game 3...Klay less than 100% and I still feel that Raps lose game 3. KD is for sure coming back for game 4. Raps need to get it together. Cousins is playing better and this spells DOOM for them. They might just return to the Toronto Craptors.

Losing to a dynasty in the NBA finals is nothing to be ashamed of. But if they lose Kawhi in free agency to the Clippers? Yah they will be doomed.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Losing to a dynasty in the NBA finals is nothing to be ashamed of. But if they lose Kawhi in free agency to the Clippers? Yah they will be doomed.

Toronto loves Kawhi and treats him like a king. He’d be foolish to go to city that has many stars and doesn’t fit his hermit lifestyle.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Toronto loves Kawhi and treats him like a king. He’d be foolish to go to city that has many stars and doesn’t fit his hermit lifestyle.

Never overlook the getting taxed twice factor.....

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Never overlook the getting taxed twice factor.....

California isn’t much better though.

Standard of living is through the roof too.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

California isn’t much better though.

Standard of living is through the roof too.

California is his home though and probably better business opportunities, getting taxed once as opposed to twice is probably much better

On this day in 1991 MJ did the most overrated move of all time. IMO this type of play happens almost on a weekly basis now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Kawhi just bought property in Toronto FWIW

I LOVE RUMOR SEASON BRODIE!!!!!!!!!!! Most exciting time of the NBA calendar. And in about a week it will be like this full time till mid july!!!! LETS GOOOOO BAAAAAAY BAAAAAAAY!!!!! lol