NBA Thread

aujeff11

On 4/22/2018 at 10:33 PM, aujeff11 said:

The Raptors haven’t beaten the Cavs in any meaningful game in forever as well

And won’t win two games this series. Their players are anemic to playoff atmosphere basketball. Calling timeout with 2.1 seconds left on that shot clock? Missing countless late putbacks? Scoring only 18 in the clutch quarter?  Their record against the Cavs H2H in playoffs is now 2-9. What a horrible #1 seed. 

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

And won’t win two games this series. Their players are anemic to playoff atmosphere basketball. Calling timeout with 2.1 seconds left on that shot clock? Missing countless late putbacks? Scoring only 18 in the clutch quarter?  Their record against the Cavs H2H in playoffs is now 2-9. What a horrible #1 seed. 

LeBron was trash this game. No other way around it. This would be a great game for most players but not the standard I hold muhhhhhh bron bron to. Very disappointed in that. Took so many damn bad shots. ughhhhhhhhhhh it was awful. It was agonizing. This game I aged 7 years and some greys sprung up! lol. 

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

LeBron was trash this game. No other way around it. This would be a great game for most players but not the standard I hold muhhhhhh bron bron to. Very disappointed in that. Took so many damn bad shots. ughhhhhhhhhhh it was awful. It was agonizing. This game I aged 7 years and some greys sprung up! lol. 

He wasn’t as efficient as he normally is but his bad game was still a quality triple double.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

He wasn’t as efficient as he normally is but his bad game was still a quality triple double.

I am spoiled with him that is for sure!  For almost anyone else it is a great game besides the fg %. For Bron? I am like ehhhhhhhhhhh you can do a lot better!!! Though understandable on game 1 flying to another country only 2 days after a grueling game series. Sometimes I forget stuff like this and are ungrateful!!! appreciate the reality check mr aujeff11!!! WOOOOO!!! LETS GOOOO!!!

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

DcKRi4BUQAAvtcD?format=jpg

They really did not even play like trash in game 1 and lay a egg like they have in so many playoff series in past years. They just did not finish the job in game 1 and however did play poorly down the stretch. Weird game. I never felt like the LeBrons were going to win until the final buzzer sounded in game 1. It always felt to muhhhhhh the raptors would somehow pull the W out.  Dunno if I learned anything about it to get a indicator about the rest of the series but I am to close to the situation. As you being  a unbiased observer I will lean on what you think. So What about you? What did you think?

Edited by GwillMac6

39 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

They really did not even play like trash in game 1 and lay a egg like they have in so many playoff series in past years. They just did not finish the job in game 1 and however did play poorly down the stretch. Weird game. I never felt like the LeBrons were going to win until the final buzzer sounded in game 1. It always felt to muhhhhhh the raptors would somehow pull the W out.  Dunno if I learned anything about it to get a indicator about the rest of the series but I am to close to the situation. As you being  a unbiased observer I will lean on what you think. So What about you? What did you think?

Like I said above, they only scored 18 in the clutch quarter. Lowry only scored 3 points in tbe 4th and OT combined and he made a numbskull TO with only 2.9 seconds left. They just don’t know how to be clutch. If they had one decent catch and shoot shooter besides Lowry (which shoots line drives which don’t work against Bron) they would be alright but they don’t. 

I, too, thought the Raptors could effectively steal the game back in OT after being down six mainly because the Cavs were  putting them away by hitting consecutive shots. But then Valenciunas and Ibaka couldn’t get the rebound with 31 seconds left down by one and I knew then they wouldn’t win. Valenciunas can rebound but my God how many put backs did he miss? 

47 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am spoiled with him that is for sure!  For almost anyone else it is a great game besides the fg %. For Bron? I am like ehhhhhhhhhhh you can do a lot better!!! Though understandable on game 1 flying to another country only 2 days after a grueling game series. Sometimes I forget stuff like this and are ungrateful!!! appreciate the reality check mr aujeff11!!! WOOOOO!!! LETS GOOOO!!!

Woo!!!

Well last night was a telling sign for the Pelicans. 2 mins after Steph Curry entered the game, I knew they were in trouble. That man is cerebral. The swagger of the Warriors was back instantly. Pelicans are good at home. Need to win game 3 and 4. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Well last night was a telling sign for the Pelicans. 2 mins after Steph Curry entered the game, I knew they were in trouble. That man is cerebral. The swagger of the Warriors was back instantly. Pelicans are good at home. Need to win game 3 and 4. 

Yeah the announcer said it best. The Pels were up eight and Davis was about to complete a 3 point play, but then Curry comes in for the second time in 53 days and all of a sudden the crowd acted like they were up 30.  There was almost like an in game changing of the guard. 

• Like 1

The Jazz looked pretty good. Harden is too focused on drawing fouls than winning though and Houston, that may be a problem. 

12 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

The Jazz looked pretty good. Harden is too focused on drawing fouls than winning though and Houston, that may be a problem. 

Been saying this forever. His game is literally predicated on fooling the refs rather than working to get buckets. When the playoffs start the officiating changes and things aren't called as tight leading to some uugggglllllyyy flopping shot attempts with no calls.

Harden is amazing but wow can he be infuriating to watch.

• Love 1

On 5/2/2018 at 12:39 PM, AUBwins said:

IMG_1158.GIF

lol

• Haha 1

THE DUKIE IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!

• Love 1

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

THE DUKIE IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!

All the young Celtics are looking strong. It might be a good conference finals against the Brons. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2018 at 12:39 PM, AUBwins said:

Did you not see the disparity in fouls called? There’s no way we score that many points in the paint and AD not even go to the line even once!

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

It’s amazing how much the refs favor Golden State. And Draymond is a punk!! I wish Boogie was still healthy so he could punch DG in the face.

Go Pels

I want to see chuck punch him in the face.

The Pels are lighting it up tonight. Why does Klay always put up better numbers when the offense as a whole is stagnant?

The Jazz jerseys and arena color scheme are significantly different to say the least. Hopefully they’re just temporary. 

What a great game!