Sportscall

doverstutts

13 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

So Matt Stevens is suggesting there is a power vacuum in Auburn?...not true and never will be true.  Jay is not pulling the strings...he’s a yes man...he answers to the money people behind the scenes.  We can hire a coach without a puppet AD.

You are exactly right. There is a new sheriff in town and believe me the PTBs are staying way far away from AU at this time due to all the scandals. This is Leath’s problem to solve and he has no vested interest in JJ or Gus. I’m thinking right now he will fire them both just to clear the air. JJ would be money ahead to accept the package that’s on the table, if he doesn’t then Leath could go after the “For Cause” clause and he might walk away empty handed.

I hope, they probably won't, but I hope the ptb gets its collective ducks in a row.

1. Put in the work now to find a new AD. Then tell JJ its been real and its been fun but it hasn't  been real fun, and don't let the door bump your a$$ on the way out.

2. Then let Gus know in no uncertain terms his days of running up the middle and losing to UGA and bama and just about every competitive team on the schedule are  as Hawk Harrelson would say, OVER.

I'm sure it won't happen that way, but hopefully they can move through this ordeal with a minimum of bloodshed.

Pretty sure JJ has enough years in to retire from AU, so they'll probably let him step down in that fashion instead of a firing.
No way Gus survives after UGA and Bama get through wiping us out(again) in JH. In addition to a probable loss at A@M.

47 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

So Matt Stevens is suggesting there is a power vacuum in Auburn?...not true and never will be true.  Jay is not pulling the strings...he’s a yes man...he answers to the money people behind the scenes.  We can hire a coach without a puppet AD.

Big money donors do not want us to have a losing program any more than any of us on this board. They pay big bucks and expect big things just like us peons and morons. (not calling anyone a moron...just thought I would throw that one in)  the turds have the REC, and they pay big bucks and expect a very good return on their investment. This idea that Auburn will stick its head in the mud and keep Gus after anything worse than a 7-5 season with loses to the mutts and turds just does not hold water.

We likely have big money donors who are as pi$$ed off as most of us former sunshine pumpers and glass half full fans.  They have big money for a reason and did not get their $$$$$$ paying marginal employees $$$$$$$.  I would think Tim Cooke has a feel with the situation. The next 2 games are much bigger than most realize. We lose both of them, we are in deep dodo and this will likely open the flood gates for big loses to the mutts and turds.

Guys and gals, I would love nothing more than to win out I want this team to win so much and hate it when we lose.  I am just trying to look at things with a perspective of what could go way wrong from here till the Iron Bowl. If we play like we did the 2nd half at Lsu, we will have an extremely hard time beating 3 of the last 4 SEC games coming up.

59 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Hey Devil....my rant was not against you. I thought I had started a new post under this topic. Sorry for that!

35 minutes ago, CountStandya said:

Fans DO matter. You see an empty stadium for weeks and let's see what happens

Not sure if any other TUF members got an email about becoming members of the Tiger Walk Club, but it’s based on priority.

For kicks and giggles (because I am the lowest donation level), I logged in tonight (my selection time was this morning) and there appeared to be memberships available. To me it seemed crazy that my low priority could place an order when there are only 600 available. Maybe it would have refunded me if it filled up, BUT....

Fans matter. Especially when the money is not coming in. 

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Well Dover, if he continues as is and remains here next year.....my bet is that you will be doing  straight whisky chased with cocaine.

lol

17 hours ago, penguin149 said:

If this upsets you this bad....you NEED to walk away.  Happiness in life should not come from a bunch of 18-22 year old kids that are not your own (biologically).  I've cussed, fussed and kicked the dog (not really!) this week but am ready for another game tomorrow night.  If we come out and play like we are capable, the sting of last week will be a little less.  If we lose?  The next week is a bye and we'll have time to rest and recover.

If we lose to Arky I hope the players stay away from social media cause the fanbase is gonna get really UGLY!

2 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

If we lose to Arky I hope the players stay away from social media cause the fanbase is gonna get really UGLY!

An increase is possible????

Archived