More aggressive vs. Arkansas

AUTiger2012

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

It's not W-L at Arky....the team is not even competitive at a point in BB's time at Arky where if he was going to do something with the program there would be more evidence....whereas he is getting hammered week after week.  

Like him or not, at least AU has been competitive most of Gus's time at AU...not getting the wins the fans want, but rarely getting beat by big margins either...and certainly not by the middle to lower level SEC teams. 

I don't see how BB can survive.....

My understanding is that Bielema has a big buyout.  That would certainly factor into whether Arkansas decides to fire him after this year.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can win at ARKY, Bobby Petrino did and I believe won one SEC championship. I remember them playing in one.

50 minutes ago, auskull said:

You can win at ARKY, Bobby Petrino did and I believe won one SEC championship. I remember them playing in one.

What?

Arkansas has never won an SEC Championship and Petrino never took them the SECCG.  He made the Sugar in 2010 and lost to OSU finishing the season 10-3; and he took them to the Cotton in 2011 with a win over KSU finishing with a 11-2 record.

1 hour ago, auskull said:

Bobby Petrino absolutely did not win a SEC championship. He was successful in Arkansas though. Houston Nutt did coach them to the SEC championship game with his OC being some guy named Gus Malzhan.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bobby Petrino absolutely did not win a SEC championship. He was successful in Arkansas though. Houston Nutt did coach them to the SEC championship game with his OC being some guy named Gus Malzhan.

Sometimes being successful in the SEC is a matter of timing....catch the league with a handful of weak teams.....like now...and a guy like KS  looks great....and he should look great in the SEC East for a while considering what is going on with the other schools in that Div....none of them seem to have a rosy future at the moment. 

As for Bert.B....someone on radio the other day noted that his big mistake was leaving Wisc for the SEC West when most of the division teams were all in the top 15-20 nationally.   This kind of verifies that fallacious argument we hear from time to time about good coaches wanting to take the challenge and play against the best.  There might be a few out there...willing to risk their careers for ego purposes....but generally not a wise decision.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

What?

Arkansas has never won an SEC Championship and Petrino never took them the SECCG.  He made the Sugar in 2010 and lost to OSU finishing the season 10-3; and he took them to the Cotton in 2011 with a win over KSU finishing with a 11-2 record.

Correct. We've won the west 3 times but never won the SEC. 2006 was probably our best shot and we had a chance against Florida (who went on to win it all) until we muffed a punt into our own endzone that they recovered :-\

1 hour ago, gohogs14 said:

Correct. We've won the west 3 times but never won the SEC. 2006 was probably our best shot and we had a chance against Florida (who went on to win it all) until we muffed a punt into our own endzone that they recovered :-\

Reggie fish ....

I just knew Arky had been to the SECCG and also won the West on several occassions. Couldn't remember if it was Petrino or Nutt. So.... before Saban.... and in a down year, the hogs can win in the West. Must be able to recruit Texas and La.

Archived