Win

WDG

I figure 6 teams control their @CFBPlayoff destiny: Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Miami, Notre Dame & Oklahoma. Everyone else needs help.

6 minutes ago, WDG said:

I figure 6 teams control their @CFBPlayoff destiny: Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Miami, Notre Dame & Oklahoma. Everyone else needs help.

We have less control than the others on your list with two losses, but yes....

23 minutes ago, WDG said:

Wouldn't LSU have as much control of their destiny as Auburn. If they upset Bama they would have the edge over them and Auburn. Slim chance but so is ours. 

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Wouldn't LSU have as much control of their destiny as Auburn. If they upset Bama they would have the edge over them and Auburn. Slim chance but so is ours. 

Not with a loss to Troy

LSU blown out by MSU lost to Troy. I suppose we have better losses if there is such a thing as a good loss 

I was basing it on possible SEC champions. Point taken 

5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I was basing it on possible SEC champions. Point taken 

Exactly. If LSU wins out, we don’t make it to the SEC Championship and we have no chance whatsoever. We don’t control our own destiny because we have to have LSU lose to even have a chance.

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Losing to LSU was not that big of a deal according Gus.  What an idiot.

wde

We're in good shape:-\

8 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Losing to LSU was not that big of a deal according Gus.  What an idiot.

wde

If we had won, there could be an outside chance that top 3 in nation are SEC teams. 

I'M FEELING GREAT! 

We don't control our own destiny in any way, shape, or form right now and would need a bunch of help to do it.

If LSU wins out (not likely), they win the West.  Thus we need Bama to beat LSU and then we have to win out.

Also, it's highly likely that a one-loss Bama makes the playoff over a hypothetical two-loss Auburn, especially if the Iron Bowl is a close game.  Just look at Ohio State / Penn State last year for precedent.  Only way that doesn't happen is if we blow Bama out, but we haven't beaten them by more than 10 points in 50 years, so don't hold your breath.

Definitely need LSU to lose to Bama and for UGA(twice) and Bama to only lose to us.

But to be honest, I think it’d be hard to leave out a conference champion with 3 top 10 wins.

6 hours ago, WDG said:

I really hate to break this to you but hell would have to freeze over , not once but twice for AU to have any chance in making the CFP, but hey I’m not going to interrupt your dreaming. By the way are you Gus or did Gus ask you to start this discussion?

Archived