Pettway out indefinitely

ValleyTiger

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Do I recall that he has been hurt off and on this year ...and last year too?  But I see he has more than 500 yards rushing in his career...not like he's not been on the field. 

Otherwise, at 175 pounds I don't think he was considered to be the back-up for a 230 pound beast like the big Kam.   I was hoping to see more of Miller....a bigger guy at about 215. 

I don't care who it is. As long as we see some variety.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, AU64 said:

As for the impact of him being out.....can't imagine that his absence won't hurt for the rest of the year.   When healthy he was our #1 back and we don't have anyone behind him with some of his unique capabilities. True he has been out most of the season and it's pretty easy to see that  his absence has made a difference in our offense.

Exactly!

I know it sounds negative, but the situation is ripe for a stubborn Gus cock up. No subs, no adjustments. Hope I'm wrong, but we've seen this all before in the big games.  

14 minutes ago, madkat7 said:

I know it sounds negative, but the situation is ripe for a stubborn Gus cock up. No subs, no adjustments. Hope I'm wrong, but we've seen this all before in the big games.  

You achieve bonus points for having a Timberwolf for an avatar.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 3:32 PM, aucanucktiger said:

What? An effective running game can open up the passing game - not just a cliché.

Define what you think is an effective running game? I agree with you about this, but if Gus' idea of an effective running game is to run 17 running plays consecutively then trying to throw the long ball, we will be in for a long early afternoon.

I wonder if this is a hairline fracture or a full blown fracture like a compound fracture. You can tape up a player with some injuries of similar nature and play some but not all of the game of course, If the injury is in a place where sufficient padding and protection could allow KP to play some.

Do not get me wrong, I do not want him playing if it will have a significant negative impact on his collar bone. Does anyone know exactly where the injury is located on his collar bone?

One thing that could be going on is that this injury is really not nearly as bad as it is being made out to be, and one where he surprises the UGA coaching staff and defense by suiting up and playing like nothing is wrong at all with him.

This would throw a wrench in the UGA machine and one that could affect each game for the rest of the season.

22 hours ago, Mikey said:

Exactly!

Err, we’ve scored a median 49 points and a mean 43.8 points our first five SEC games. We could’ve easily beaten LSU without him. I’d love Doc’s scenario above but I’d like to believe there’s hope.

If the recovery time is 3-4 weeks like some are saying, that means that KP could potentially return for the UGA game since we are already through 2 weeks if the injury happened during the Arkansas game.  I would rather rest him so we get him for Alabama, but it is something to consider.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tigerfangs said:

I would love for him to be ready for the iron bowl and look like he did 2nd half of arky. A handful of plays with KJ and KP in at the same time would be wonderful. 

If we bring a healthy KJ and Bubba to the Iron Bowl against Bama's linebackers, Stidham man be able to take a nap in the second half.

25 minutes ago, oldaufeller said:

Iron Bowl sleeper

Don't get your hopes up for a tell from Gus.  Make bama practice/account for him anyway since he "might" show up...  

I say even if he is hurt you dress him and run him out for a play where he has no chance of getting any contact. Just to put it in their heads. 

Biscuit is probably correct on his assessment about KP not being ready for the IB.  Contact sports should take up to 10-12 weeks before resuming them with this injury. However,  KP could bounce back maybe by the SEC championship depending on how fast he heals, but January is the likely date for his return. I do not want him playing unless the doctor gives him clearance and he is good to go. His health is important and having him at 100% is a win-win for all.

5 hours ago, RHN1975 said:

I say even if he is hurt you dress him and run him out for a play where he has no chance of getting any contact. Just to put it in their heads. 

We could do exactly what Lane Kiffin did with Drake for the Iron Bowl in 2015.  If you recall Drake had that horrible knee injury but Kiffin had Drake out there for warm ups dressed out.  That made our coaches scramble to plan for their speed back.  Drake never played a snap.  

Archived