Other teams FBI?

TigerOne

Guess the ncaa and the FBI worked out a deal to not make any more waves until after March Madness.

Are there any other teams involved? If so what's the holdup? This gives them time to get their stories straight and clean up any lose ends.

Meanwhile Auburn is left to sway in the wind.

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Guess the ncaa and the FBI worked out a deal to not make any more waves until after March Madness.

Are there any other teams involved? If so what's the holdup? This gives them time to get their stories straight and clean up any lose ends.

Meanwhile Auburn is left to sway in the wind.

I know that Georgia Tech has two ineligible. Not sure if it’s from the FBI investigation though.

FBI probably not too concerned with March Madness and such.....just moving along at it's own pace and made the big splash that it wanted to make.   Other people / coaches who could also be involved to a lesser extent might be trying to cover their backsides but if there are tapes, etc....time is not that much of a problem for the FBI. 

Remember, they were not after basketball or NCAA violations ....it was about the shoe companies and sports agents so some of this might later impact other sports.

There was an online piece a few days ago that updated where things stand and what other schools have done....it's linked someone on here.  

Sec violations, public fraud, bribery, etc ... that is what the fbi is looking at.  

They don’t care about b-ball in and of itself other than it is big business and public institutions are in the mix.

35 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

This is good for us. Shows that we might be able to get Wiley and Purifoy cleared sooner rather than later.

yes, hopefully Auburn lawyers are fast tracking this.

"Stuart Brown, an Atlanta-based attorney experienced with eligibility issues, said it is not the NCAA’s policy to punish athletes for their relatives' actions and predicted that Bowen was likely to gain reinstatement based on the evidence that has surfaced so far."

So momma/daddy, auntie/uncle can work with an agent and take $$ under the table based solely on the student-athletes abilities and performance, but the actual student-athlete's are ok to continue under scholarship and remain eligible while even more "relatives" pull in cash?:dead:

3 hours ago, keesler said:

So momma/daddy, auntie/uncle can work with an agent and take $$ under the table based solely on the student-athletes abilities and performance, but the actual student-athlete's are ok to continue under scholarship and remain eligible while even more "relatives" pull in cash?:dead:

That did not work for USC and the Reggie Bush case. Bush's family accepted cash, a car and a house from a marketing firm, all with the implication that after finishing at Southern Cal, Bush would provide a return on this investment, signing with the firm. 

3 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

That did not work for USC and the Reggie Bush case. Bush's family accepted cash, a car and a house from a marketing firm, all with the implication that after finishing at Southern Cal, Bush would provide a return on this investment, signing with the firm. 

I think if it was just cash, it is possible paying it back and serving so many games suspension, may do it.

No way it compares to R. Bush's family and all they got in kickbacks.They received almost $300, 000. And you're going to compare it to possible a $7,000-11,000 payment? 

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I think if it was just cash, it is possible paying it back and serving so many games suspension, may do it.

No way it compares to R. Bush's family and all they got in kickbacks.They received almost $300, 000. And you're going to compare it to possible a $7,000-11,000 payment? 

That alone sounds reasonable as far as the two players are concerned.

BUT..... I'm thinking that AU has a much bigger problem because a coach was the conduit for the money .  I've seen almost no speculation on this forum about what that could mean to the program.   We've mostly been cursing him but also mostly focused on the eligibility issue for the players.

JMO but the penalty for Person's actions could be much worse than just sitting a couple players for some undefined period of time. 

Anybody hearing anything about that?  

13 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Sec violations, public fraud, bribery, etc ... that is what the fbi is looking at.  

They don’t care about b-ball in and of itself other than it is big business and public institutions are in the mix.

Exactly. NCAA has not become involved and won’t until the FBI is done. At that point if you have played someone they deem ineligible then you will pay dearly for it. I currently see no way that Wiley and Daniel play again at AU unless they can thoroughly convince them that the players had no knowledge of what the parents did. The difference in Cam and these is the violation with Cam happened at a school he did not play at and no money was ever shown to have been exchanged. If what we have read is true then at best they recieved impermissible gifts. Pretty sure Pearl will not make it either. He already had a “show clause” so even if he was not involved the NCAA is going to have a problem with it.

15 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Pretty sure Pearl will not make it either. He already had a “show clause” so even if he was not involved the NCAA is going to have a problem with

Maybe but I'm thinking that we will get hammered because of Person.....BP will pay the price but not sure the NCAA will go after him directly...just gonna sink our program for a few years....and frustrate him .....JMO by the eligibility issues are not all that we will face but by taking the actions AU has tried to look contrite and attempt to mitigate the penalties.

I hope CBP is safe too, but with rumblings, fingers crossed, we need stability right now and to take the next step forward.

On 11/3/2017 at 7:20 PM, steeleagle said:

The amount of $ shouldn’t matter based on the NCAA regs- it either is or isn’t a violation. The NCAA, however, is a joke.

Collin Sexton is being held out of tonight’s exhibition. 

Misery loves misery so I’m glad they can keep us company.

53 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Collin Sexton is being held out of tonight’s exhibition. 

Misery loves misery so I’m glad they can keep us company.

Bama mostly skating on their issues......but guess that's the local media bias .  Johnson has kept his mouth shut and the administration at bama has said NOTHING.   

Meanwhile we have to put up with crap like this....    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/auburn/2017/11/02/dead-and-barryd-auburn-suffers-embarrassing-exhibition-loss-d-ii-school/827949001/

42 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Bama mostly skating on their issues......but guess that's the local media bias .  Johnson has kept his mouth shut and the administration at bama has said NOTHING.   

Meanwhile we have to put up with crap like this....    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/auburn/2017/11/02/dead-and-barryd-auburn-suffers-embarrassing-exhibition-loss-d-ii-school/827949001/

That article was just lovely.

A booster at Georgia Tech called the FBI hotline - “Georgia Tech coach Josh Pastner had his program fragged by a longtime friend who blew the whistle on himself and the Yellow Jackets for allegedly providing impermissible benefits to two Tech players. They were left home from the team’s trip to China.” I guess it was good to be left home from the China trip, at least they did not have a chance to shop lift like the 3 players from UCLA, have fun in Chinese jail!!

1 minute ago, AlaskanFAN said:

A booster at Georgia Tech called the FBI hotline - “Georgia Tech coach Josh Pastner had his program fragged by a longtime friend who blew the whistle on himself and the Yellow Jackets for allegedly providing impermissible benefits to two Tech players. They were left home from the team’s trip to China.” I guess it was good to be left home from the China trip, at least they did not have a chance to shop lift like the 3 players from UCLA, have fun in Chinese jail!!

Man....saw that about the UCLA players....can you believe anyone could be so stupid?  Probably used to clerks looking the other way in Los Angeles.....but shop lifting in China in a store probably full of counterfeit goods anyway?   And one of them is one of the Ball kids.....daddy should have been keeping a closer eye on him.     

Otherwise, bama really playing it cool with help of Scarbinsky about Sexton and his prospects for the year....nothing to worry about for them if you can believe al.com.   

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Man....saw that about the UCLA players....can you believe anyone could be so stupid?  Probably used to clerks looking the other way in Los Angeles.....but shop lifting in China in a store probably full of counterfeit goods anyway?   And one of them is one of the Ball kids.....daddy should have been keeping a closer eye on him.     

Otherwise, bama really playing it cool with help of Scarbinsky about Sexton and his prospects for the year....nothing to worry about for them if you can believe al.com.   

What is sad, I have been to China, their knock off Gucci, Louvi V and Rolex’s are way cheaper (and better) than South Korea’s (I have been their also). Their is absolute no need to shoplift. Even a poor college student can still get a few knock offs. What will be interesting to see is how invested the State Department gets involved? If this was a ordinary US Citezen, this process would be months to years. Since this is or will become a high publicized news item, especially with the President in Asia, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Middle Ballers dad better keep his mouth shut on this one or his son will never leave, the Chinese will get pissed at all his negative comments and make an example of his son, I guarantee that!!!

Archived