Serious Question/Debate

auburnphan

Does anyone actually think that either the Democratic or Republican Party in their current state represent most Americans or are just pawns of their big money donors?

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Does anyone actually think that either the Democratic or Republican Party in their current state represent most Americans or are just pawns of their big money donors?

both represent extremely flawed and hypocritical logic.  An inability to comprehend the complicated grey area that most of live within.  There is no one representing the middle, as politics has become nothing but a contest between 2 extreme sides that deeply hate each other so much that they're willing to ignore egregious sins by their own party mates in an effort to have their flawed ideals legislated.  The extreme right/left spend more time feeding themselves with paid-for media rhetoric, rather than challenging those notions by talking to people that are different than themselves.  Some are too busy taking a stand, picking sides, that they ignore what others are actually saying.  Sometimes the fence is not a bad place to sit for a while...gives you a better view.

Warning Nuanced Argument coming...Homey and Tex, please ignore...

I have to give the Reps kudos on this.cConnell et all have come strong out against Moore. The Republicans are trying to police their own, not very successfully, but they are trying. The Republicans are 100% owned by Wall Street and that is always a bad bet for voters in the middle class. They pay lip service to "Values" and mock them behind their backs.

The Corporate Democrats, The DNC are making the same bets that lost them the 2016 Election. Perez is systematically stacking the DNC with Clintonistas. The next cycle in 2020 will be far less fair than 2016 was to BS.  They have doubled down on losing and it is sickening to watch. I am all but certain that HRC is running again, otherwise why all the commitment from the Clintons? 

I am a member of two groups of Democrats trying to take back control of the Democrat Party from the Corporatists. It will be a decades-long process. 

I think you had your answer when Donald J Trump was elected President. 

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Warning Nuanced Argument coming...Homey and Tex, please ignore..

Smack forum.

• 3 weeks later...

The only way to get money out of government is to take commence out of politician's hands. Reduce the size and influence of government and it no longer makes fiscal sense to buy politicians.  If I give you $ 1,000,000 and in turn you "give" me $ 100,000,000 of tax payer money, I will pay all day long.  Take away your ability to give me that money and I spend my money elsewhere. There is absolutely nothing else that will resolve this problem.

Increasing government power increases government corruption and reduces individual freedom. Those are facts on the level of the sun rising in the east and setting in the west. 

Archived