Malik Miller

DyeCampAlum

Feeling all the love and positivity, and man am I feeling it, I still wanna ask, Where on earth is Malik Miller? He seems like the perfect guy to help at the moment, whether KJ can go next week or not.

8 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

We'll need Malik "the Masher" Miller to be sure. He and Barrett will have to take up the slack.

The thing is we actually have depth. They just haven't had the opportunity to showcase. RB by committee could be the case by next week, although, I think KJ will be fine.

As long as Chip LIndsay continues to call games like the last 2 weeks, we will get it done. That guy is dialing up some incredible balance and making DCs defend every inch of the field, and every offensive player on the field. 

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

As long as Chip LIndsay continues to call games like the last 2 weeks, we will get it done. That guy is dialing up some incredible balance and making DCs defend every inch of the field, and every offensive player on the field. 

Yep.  I hope he plays, but I don't think KJ will, and Malik Miller is as close to KJ as we've got available.  Maybe it's time to let Malik Willis come in and run the wildcat.

37 minutes ago, saminbama said:

Yep.  I hope he plays, but I don't think KJ will, and Malik Miller is as close to KJ as we've got available.  Maybe it's time to let Malik Willis come in and run the wildcat.

I'm one of the few people here who like the wildcat....hope that if KJ is not fully ready that we don't abandon it....though KJ brought something to the table in the way of "hitting power" that Willis does not possess....the kid might be able to spring something off the edges that works and of course he is a better option for a possible pass. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm one of the few people here who like the wildcat....hope that if KJ is not fully ready that we don't abandon it....though KJ brought something to the table in the way of "hitting power" that Willis does not possess....the kid might be able to spring something off the edges that works and of course he is a better option for a possible pass. 

And that's exactly why I've wanted to see him ever since we pulled his RS.  Give him simple roll out RPO's and it would be a DC's worst nightmare.

The Wildcat got ruined for everyone the last couple of years from over use and underwhelm. 

What people aren't realizing is how successful it's been this year, and it's been entirely due to KJs new running style and the ability to wait for things to develop. 

I've got no problem with the wildcat, and I'm glad we've started to diversify what we do out of it. 

46 minutes ago, saminbama said:

Are you kidding?  And take the best QB in the conference out of the game?   No way!!

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Are you kidding?  And take the best QB in the conference out of the game?   No way!!

It wouldn't be any different than any other time we've run the wildcat this year.  I'm not saying take JS out for a whole series, just when we call a wildcat play.  If KJ can't play, that would be an option.

6 minutes ago, around4ever said:

nope...not kidding.....check the stats if you doubt but wildcat has worked well for AU....but of course better when KJ is there but it still adds another issue for a defense to consider....and note that on one wildcat yesterday, JS eventually got the ball and made a nice play from it.   JMO...

Just now, AU64 said:

nope...not kidding.....check the stats if you doubt but wildcat has worked well for AU....but of course better when KJ is there but it still adds another issue for a defense to consider....and note that on one wildcat yesterday, JS eventually got the ball and made a nice play from it.   JMO...

I am in no way against the wildcat, especially since Coach Lindsey has added the different wrinkles.  I thought the poster was saying go to it as our offense with Willis. 

30 minutes ago, saminbama said:

It wouldn't be any different than any other time we've run the wildcat this year.  I'm not saying take JS out for a whole series, just when we call a wildcat play.  If KJ can't play, that would be an option.

If KJ can't play, then forget the wildcat and keep Stidham in the game. He is by far the best weapon we have...and getting better each game.

7 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Let Kam Martin run!! Guy has quick burst and he seems to have gotten over his fumbling problems. 

If he is healthy. He had a pretty nasty ankle roll on his first carry after KJ went down. 

3 hours ago, DyeCampAlum said:

Feeling all the love and positivity, and man am I feeling it, I still wanna ask, Where on earth is Malik Miller? He seems like the perfect guy to help at the moment, whether KJ can go next week or not.

Based on a couple of plays earlier in the season, I don't thing Chip feels he can trust Miller to protect Stidham on passing downs. That's why we usually only see him when Willis is in running a 100% option offense.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Based on a couple of plays earlier in the season, I don't thing Chip feels he can trust Miller to protect Stidham on passing downs. That's why we usually only see him when Willis is in running a 100% option offense.

absolutely...KP and KJ will take on any blitzing LB or DE with pretty good effectiveness.....Would hope that Miller could also do that but considering that he is not on the field much, I'm guessing that's an issue with him....and of course KMart does not match up well against those 240+ pound defenders. 

I surely hope, if we have to play without KJ, it doesn't spell a departure from what our offense is. I've never been a wildcat fan. But it dang sure works good with KJ's new found skill-set. And the cohesiveness, the near perfect following the lead block. All of this will take a hit without KJ, even though it's certain the other backs can definately haul boogie.

7 hours ago, saminbama said:

I agree 1000%.... 

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

That’s what I wondered. 

My thought is our back up RBs are good. Think most forget about Gus’s tendency to ride one horse at a time. When it was KP we thought it was because KJ wasn’t good . When it was Tre we thought it was because Cap wasn’t any good. In reality Gus just likes to go with the hot hand. I think we have several good backups. Maybe not 100% as good as KJ but at least 80+%. I’m just going to sit back and keep rooting for these guys. They have earned it. WDE

Archived