Auburn/Alabama rivalry ranked #4

JC Cool

Did anyone else watch it? They had Pat Dye and Bill Curry talking about it. They showed some highlights of past games and what not. Pretty good 5+ minute segment.

b*****ds! We're #1!

Of course...Cold pizza sucks. The show at least... It seems to be the red-headed step-child of morning shows around the country. I've heard it made fun of on no less than 5 different ones, lol.

kit hoover is hot though. so is that canadian lady. hot.

and isn't that rivalries for all sports? if so, that's pretty good for a national show to recognize a rivalry from the state of alabama as number four. they are wrong of course. it is the most passionate rivalry in all of sports, but you know they can't rank it over sox/yanks or yankee stuff like that.

Yes, I included all sports. I guess 3, 2, and 1 will be shown on the days to come. They recaped their list to date and I don't remember seeing Ohio State and Michigan. Army and Navy was #5. Oh well, regardless of the ranking - it was a pretty cool piece.

The only two i will accept ahead of us are Bo Sox/Yanks and UNC/Duke.

Thats IIIIIIT.

Michigan/OSU is crap. I know a LOT of people from michigan who say it cant touch the Iron Bowl.

Thats IIIIIIT.

Michigan/OSU is crap. I know a LOT of people from michigan who say it cant touch the Iron Bowl.

150169[/snapback]

I have a buddy from Parma (outside of Cleveland) who also said that Michigan/OSU has nothing on the Iron Bowl.

Thats IIIIIIT.

150169[/snapback]

I have a buddy from Parma (outside of Cleveland) who also said that Michigan/OSU has nothing on the Iron Bowl.

150175[/snapback]

I got one up on you there, I'm from Akron, OH, and I'll tell you the same. The Iron Bowl wins, hands down.

where are you finding these people in michigan and ohio? most of the ones i know up there think it's the biggest rivalry in sports, and don't know much about ours.

where are you finding these people in michigan and ohio? most of the ones i know up there think it's the biggest rivalry in sports, and don't know much about ours.

150179[/snapback]

To me that just proves our point even more. The fact that they don't know much about our rivalry says to me that they aren't as passionate about college football as we are.

I beg to differ on the basketball take. Trust me, as far as sheer passion, haterd and bitter rivalry goes, UNC/DUKE is right up there with any of them. On one of my trips up there for a Duke game, I remember commenting about this being the only place where fans truly hate the other school and talk about the rivalry constantly just as we do in our neck of the woods. These folks are serious about their basketball and this rivalry.

However, we're still #1. :au::cheer::ua::thumbsdown:

i agree UNC/Duke is way up at the top, but they play 2-sometimes 3 times a season in basketball, and do they really even care about football and baseball and heck, any other sport? i have no clue, but i tell u this i despise bama in EVERY sport and enjoy nothing more than seeing them lose in ALL sports! can the carolina boys say the same? my sense is no, but i could be wrong. if i am wrong, i apololgize to tobacco road.

p.s.

BEAT BAMA.

Well of course the Iron bowl is #1 !!

As has been pointed out before, however, in recent years it hasn't had quite as much significance on national ratings because it's been a while since Auburn and Bama have both been highly ranked the same year. Nationally, those with short memories may overlook it.

Which brings up a personal dilemma I've been contemplating--

On the one hand, I'd like to see the Iron Bowl return to its undisputed glory. On the other hand, I'd like to see Bama's program stay in decline at least until Auburn establishes clear, permanent dominance in the state and all obsession with Bear Bryant and ancient national championships has faded.

Choices, choices,... :(:poke:

I think that the rivalry has dropped off recently. With UAT pathetic football teams that they have fielded over the last few years, AU can't carry the game alone... :poke:

I hope AU continues to make it a lopsided affair, for say, the next 5 years... :cheer:

:au:

Why do people stumble over themselves whenever Mich/Ohio St. is mentioned? I mean the only reason it is such a big games is because they were the only two teams in the Big 10 that were worth a flip for a long time. I've watched several Wolverine/Buckeye battles, good fun games to watch but can't hold a match to the Iron Bowl, I mean what other game shuts down an entire state and captivates it for a whole week leading up to it? When the clock strikes .00 at the UGA game, you know what every Auburn fan is thinking....Beat Bama.

Hey Folks

AVOID THE RUSH HATE BAMA EARLY

WDE!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived