Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

Let's pretend this was tweeted 20 years ago. 

goldberg.gif

NauticalFavoriteFattaileddunnart-size_restricted.gif

Reality right before a match ending in less time than the entrances to get into the ring:

D6fCS84W4AASiVz.jpeg.jpg

Edited by AUBwins
  • Haha 1

Saw rumors a deal was in place.  Looking forward to seeing Omega in prime time. Roster is loaded.  Includes Christopher Daniels, Omega,  Jericho,  and Good Ole JR as commentary. Some pretty big names known internationally in women's division as well. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Thanks 1

Wresting belongs in All Things Considered.

As soon as I get my GED to become a mod, I’m coming after this thread like Trump and deported kids. 

Edited by aujeff11

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Wresting belongs in All Things Considered.

As soon as I get my GED to become a mod, I’m coming after this thread like Trump and deported kids. 

89mg83zv1ps01.gif

boo.gif

It belongs here.  Most are former athletes.  As noted: 

9i0W.gif

So this is for you:

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f354966774a533971506333682d513d3d2d3433353231343637312e313463646534343566623439626239623833343839363739373737302e676966.gif

Trump approves this message: 

5e2.gif

😁

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

89mg83zv1ps01.gif

boo.gif

It belongs here.  Most are former athletes.  As noted: 

9i0W.gif

So this is for you:

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f354966774a533971506333682d513d3d2d3433353231343637312e313463646534343566623439626239623833343839363739373737302e676966.gif

Trump approves this message: 

5e2.gif

😁

Now that’s how you gif a message. You’re putting all the rooks, plebes, fuzzies, newbs, and Luke Skywalkers on notice. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Now that’s how you gif a message. You’re putting all the rooks, plebes, fuzzies, newbs, and Luke Skywalkers on notice. 

Thank you sir.  👍

LOVE LOVE these docs WWE does. It is the best content they pump out. Cannot wait to watch tonight.

NO NO NO NOT THE GODDESS OF WWE!! She just recovered from being hurt most of 2018!!! COME ON WRESTLING GODS THROW HER A BONE!!! She is only 27. 

IT's HERE!!!!!!! IT IS HERE!!!!!!! IT IS REALLY HERE!!!! WOOOO!!!!!! LETS GOOOO BABY!!!!!!!! Hoping for a great night of wrasslin!!! 

Corey Graves proceeds to lose his mind!!!!! lol. Honestly my favorite thing on commentary! 

vince.gif

CANNOT WAIT!!!!!! LETS GOOOO ANDRAAAAAAAAAAAADE CIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN ALLLLLLMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!! get that first title on the main roster!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!

HOLY ISH!!!! HOLY ISH!!! HOLY ISH!!!!!!! THIS IS NUTS BY BOTH GUYS THIS SPOT!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 2

Well well well ... such a day of disappointing endings.  Won't go into it further except the finish of this match.  Maybe with him retiring fron UFC, he will actually wrestle every week.  I don't mind him being around as long as he is not just given everything.  

I had a feeling Bayley would be cashing in but not the way I expected.  They found a way to surprise me.  Doubt @GwillMac6 is happy though.  Hey, she beat Becks at least ....

With help 😋

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

HOLY ISH!!!! HOLY ISH!!! HOLY ISH!!!!!!! THIS IS NUTS BY BOTH GUYS THIS SPOT!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was great. 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Well well well ... such a day of disappointing endings.  Won't go into it further except the finish of this match.  Maybe with him retiring fron UFC, he will actually wrestle every week.  I don't mind him being around as long as he is not just given everything.  

I had a feeling Bayley would be cashing in but not the way I expected.  They found a way to surprise me.  Doubt @GwillMac6 is happy though.  Hey, she beat Becks at least ....

With help 😋

I WILL GLADLY TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!! IDK if I would of survived another clean loss to Becks. It would of eviscerated me to my very core!!!!!!!! THE ENDING WAS SO SO SO SO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN WE JUST GET RID OF THIS DUDE?!?!??! THat was one of the biggest slap in the faces to the guys who are on this grind day in day out and busted their ass during a great match only for you know who to stroll in for the W. Dude works like 13 days a year and gets paid upwards of 7 million for it. I am so sick of him. We know he is not going to be around full time. I assumed he would show up around the time of the fox launch in October but not for this. SMH. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Having a heel be MR MITB is a lot of fun. But not a part time heel. It takes away all the drama.

• Like 1

MITB was largely entertaining from an in ring perspective, but the booking for bigger angles sucked (outside of the women's division).  Shane/Miz continues?  No thanks.  Brock is back?  Gross.

AEW can't get here quick enough.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

OMG take me back to this time!!!

Here's the thing people forget about the attitude era: the wrestling largely sucked.  Matches today and even in the 80s were sooooo much better.  For the most part, the attitude era was annoyingly short sighted and told horrible stories both in and out of the ring.  Know I'm in the minority here, but I don't miss it one bit.  Give me booking and performances like current day NXT over that stuff any day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

39 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Here's the thing people forget about the attitude era: the wrestling largely sucked.  Matches today and even in the 80s were sooooo much better.  For the most part, the attitude era was annoyingly short sighted and told horrible stories both in and out of the ring.  Know I'm in the minority here, but I don't miss it one bit.  Give me booking and performances like current day NXT over that stuff any day. 

All the new found "fans" WWE added during this time period were not even real fans at all. They did not care one iota about the in ring product. You show them a 5 star match and you would get a nothing reaction from them. But you show them for the 90234943229342934 time the clip of Austin pouring cement on Vinny Macs car they act like they just saw the greatest thing in the history of television and mark TF out. They were the loosest term of the word fan and have not been tuning in since to WWE since the attitude era ended. They are the ones who talk about the attitude era more than anyone though with the rosiest of rose colored glasses. LIKE SHUT UP you watched the product for a couple of years at best. You are not a real fan. If you were you would of stuck around for the ruthless aggression era the, PG era, the Reality era and now the New Era. They are wrestling version of fans that are equivalent to pro sport fans who you ask them who their favorite teams are they respond with the Patriots, Lakers and Yankees. Who are their favorite wrestlers? Austin, Rock, Taker, Mankind and HHH in some form or fashion give or take a couple more names.  I despise attitude era only fans. They are not real fans to me. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

What did you think of the 24/7 title?  I love hope the guys that don't get much air time have a spot, and so far had provided since nice comic relief. 

I also like that they have a way to link all brands together.  An NXT guy may come snatch it and take it back to NXT or a legend like a HBK in a one off etc. 

What do you think going more "RAW" in the third hour will mean? I saw the arena was darker, with the main stage lights off and the black side apron etc. Will we see a little more ruthless aggression etc or possibly blood? 

AEW Double or Nothing match between the Rhodes Brothers was a nice match. 

Dustin doing the blade job. Lots of near falls. 

After the match promo was good. Dustin and Cody to team up against the Young Bucks in July at AEW Fight for The Fallen in Jacksonville. 

Edited by Auburn Kev
  • Love 3

hahahahaha Vince is not going to like this! but good for Bret. It is not like Vince has been a snake to him in the past or anything.............