Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

giphy (10).gif

You know when the big name part timers actually appear on Smackdown that the move to the main Fox Channel is near lol. Rousey never appeared on Smackdown and I STILL do not think Lesnar has since he returned in 2012 and the part time era in my eyes began. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Rousey never appeared on Smackdown 

Nope, because Becky told her she never came looking for her on Smackdown. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Nope, because Becky told her she never came looking for her on Smackdown. 

That is what irritates me among many things about Vince. Until now Vince has basically barely acted like Smackdown existed. Now because of Smackdown about to be on Network TV he gives Smackdown Roman which he never would of done before the fox deal.

36 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

That is what irritates me among many things about Vince. Until now Vince has basically barely acted like Smackdown existed. Now because of Smackdown about to be on Network TV he gives Smackdown Roman which he never would of done before the fox deal.

Yep, the guy that can't do a promo is considered the Ace wrestler at your most critical point for new viewership in your history. With the way the nation is viewing the women's movement right now, Vince should have aired Smackdown on network television last year. 

• Love 1

8 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Yep, the guy that can't do a promo is considered the Ace wrestler at your most critical point for new viewership in your history. With the way the nation is viewing the women's movement right now, Vince should have aired Smackdown on network television last year. 

With due respect Roman has gotten a lot better with his promos the last few years & his in ring work has gotten a lot better too.

The problem is, as Arn Anderson pointed out at Starrcast last weekend, he really needs to be a heel. I believe Arn called him the Samoan Kick-Ass Machine.

Edited by ellitor

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

With due respect Roman has gotten a lot better with his promos the last few years & his in ring work has gotten a lot better too.

The problem is, as Arn Anderson pointed out at Starrcast last weekend, he really needs to be a heel. I believe Arn called him the Samoan Kick-Ass Machine.

I will concede that he has gotten better.  I agree he needs to be a heel.  Hard to claim being the Big Dog without acting like a ferocious big dog. Feels like he is a #2 starter in an Ace role, using a baseball terminology. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I will concede that he has gotten better.  I agree he needs to be a heel.  Hard to claim being the Big Dog without acting like a ferocious big dog. Feels like he is a #2 starter in an Ace role, using a baseball terminology. 

Vince sees him as THE top guy so until something changes like if he were to see Rollins in the same light that HHH does which is as THE GUY and face of the company like HHH does with Rollins. He is going to continue to have this untapped potential he has as a character since I ABSOLUTELY agree he needs to be a heel.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Feels like he is a #2 starter in an Ace role, using a baseball terminology. 

That's partially because of old man Bobby Bowden's, I mean Vince McMahon's, pooper scooper worthy booking.

Yes I'm comparing Vince to BB. Once great but to this point both sucked at the end while having superior talent.

• Love 1

53 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Holy crap, didn't realize it was that long ago.  Wow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Holy crap, didn't realize it was that long ago.  Wow. 

My prediction is he wrestles the first Smackdown on fox in October. BUT YES!!! LIKE COME ON! He should of wrestled at 1 of these Raw after Manias at least since he has been back in 2012.

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

My prediction is he wrestles the first Smackdown on fox in October. BUT YES!!! LIKE COME ON! He should of wrestled at 1 of these Raw after Manias at least since he has been back in 2012.

I am good with him wrestling full time.  WWE could use a big name full timer.  I think now that he is retired from MMA, there is hope he gets back to that.  I have found some of his bits in the ring amusing since MITB, the dancing bit and the full year to cash in segment.  Just a few things that somewhat point an arrow into maybe wrestling again. Just don't hold the title hostage. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I am good with him wrestling full time.  WWE could use a big name full timer.  I think now that he is retired from MMA, there is hope he gets back to that.  I have found some of his bits in the ring amusing since MITB, the dancing bit and the full year to cash in segment.  Just a few things that somewhat point an arrow into maybe wrestling again. Just don't hold the title hostage. 

I think there is no going back to full time for him. Vince has allowed him to get away with the best schedule in the whole business for anyone all while being paid more than anyone in the company sans John Cena. It is not his fault. It is Vince for agreeing to those terms. But this easily is the most entertaining he has been in several years. I am quite enjoying it even though I still hated him winning MITB.

• Like 1

THE GREATEST VIDEO THE WWE HAS EVER PRODUCED!!!!!!!!!!! BAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHA Legit the 2 funniest people in WWE with R Truth!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE THEM MORE TV TIME PLEAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!!!!

• Haha 2

Jon Moxley will face Juice Robinson for the IWGP US Championship tomorrow. My guess is it will air on AXStv this Friday.

So now Alexa bliss is going from face to heel and back from episode to episode of Raw & SmackDown instead of week to week now?…Sheesh Vince! Get your act together

The Wild Card rule will go down as one of the worst things Vince has done the last few years.

They've canceled 5 Smackdown Live house shows over the last 6 weeks in order to have Smackdown people appear on televised RAW's on Monday night's. What a great way to hurt your own business. The venues/buildings that have these house shows aren't going to just let WWE cancel a show that was booked months in advance and have to refund tickets, etc..... for nothing. WWE likely still has to pay in order to cancel the shows.

https://lordsofpain.net/another-wwe-smackdown-live-event-canceled-due-to-wild-card-rule/

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I'm not a fan of the Wild Card rule.

3 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

The Wild Card rule will go down as one of the worst things Vince has done the last few years.

They've canceled 5 Smackdown Live house shows over the last 6 weeks in order to have Smackdown people appear on televised RAW's on Monday night's. What a great way to hurt your own business. The venues/buildings that have these house shows aren't going to just let WWE cancel a show that was booked months in advance and have to refund tickets, etc..... for nothing. WWE likely still has to pay in order to cancel the shows.

https://lordsofpain.net/another-wwe-smackdown-live-event-canceled-due-to-wild-card-rule/

hahaahah wait what?! Why on earth would you be in the minority?! A Raw woman is going to face the Smackdown womens champ for the title on a PPV! That is just sooooooooooo dumb.

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Never seen anyone say they like it.

59 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

A Raw woman is going to face the Smackdown womens champ for the title on a PPV! That is just sooooooooooo dumb.

Not to mentioned it's a Rivalry that's been played out & is boring now.

• Thanks 1