Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That Rock and Cody promo was kind of weird. Ngl

Lololol wtf was that!?! That was sooooo off!!!!! I didn’t understand that last bit at all!! Can someone please spell it out for me!? What am I missing!?

• Like 1

R-Truth deserves a push damnit! Give the man the Kofi run! One of the most entertaining people in WWE history.

• Love 2

Yo Bronson cannot be intimidating with that Aussie accent! All I hear is Bluey’s dad! wtf!!

52 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

R-Truth deserves a push damnit! Give the man the Kofi run! One of the most entertaining people in WWE history.

The comedy stuff turns some people off but he’s just so good at it.

And at 52 the rate at which he can go is pretty wild. 

Well Chelsea is gonna get squashed. 

12 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That Rock and Cody promo was kind of weird. Ngl

It was unnerving as hell and that may have been by design. I’ll wait and see where they go before I judge it too harshly. WWE storytelling has been strong lately so there may something there. 

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lololol wtf was that!?! That was sooooo off!!!!! I didn’t understand that last bit at all!! Can someone please spell it out for me!? What am I missing!?

The going theory on the handoff was something of Roman’s, likely a bead from his Ula Fala (a necklace chiefs wear in Samoan culture), and implying the Rock did something to Roman off screen. 

• Like 1

lol they showed the footage. All it did was prove that Punk is a reliable narrator and Tony Khan is a spineless money mark. “Feared for my life” lol. Schiavone looked like he died a little inside. 

• Love 1

Over under on this being chapter five when RD Reynolds has to do a “Death of AEW” book. 

Since you never asked @AuCivilEng1 here is my top 12 all time favorite wrestlers!!! L F G bruhhhh!!! 😂😂

1. Planets Champion DBry
2. Hollywood Rock 
3. CM Punk 
4. Charlotte 
5. LA Knight
6. Macho Man
7. 90’s HBK
8. Hollywood Hogan
9. Beat up John Cena heel era AJ Styles
10. Dr of Thuganomics Word Life Jerrrrrrn Ceeeeeena

11. AJ Lee

12. Alexa Bliss 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Since you never asked @AuCivilEng1 here is my top 12 all time favorite wrestlers!!! L F G bruhhhh!!! 😂😂

1. Planets Champion DBry
2. Hollywood Rock 
3. CM Punk 
4. Charlotte 
5. LA Knight
6. Macho Man
7. 90’s HBK
8. Hollywood Hogan

11. AJ Lee

12. Alexa Bliss 

I need to do a top 10 but man Roman Reigns is on it. Whoever would have thought that 10 years ago, and *especially* 6 years ago. Best heel champ since Hollywood Hogan and it isn’t close. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I need to do a top 10 but man Roman Reigns is on it. Whoever would have thought that 10 years ago, and *especially* 6 years ago. Best heel champ since Hollywood Hogan and it isn’t close. 

Yesssirrrr!!!! The bloodline made wwe cool again!!! Couldn’t agree more if I tried!!!

Perfect microcosm of the difference between the promotions.

*Punk hurt in AEW* “no 5 star bangers nothing we can do with him”

*Punk hurt in WWE* “how about we do a story where he makes Drew’s life a living hell in a buildup until he can go again” 

Edited by AUDub
  • Love 1

and then these lunatics pull this for a cheap ratings bump.

For one it went as Punk said to a T. I mean if you sync the Helwani interview to the footage it’s a perfect match. Practically a narration. Punk comes out of this looking credible as hell. 

For another can you IMAGINE Drew and Punk’s texts right now. They’ve gotta be giddy over the money this made them. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

1. Planets Champion DBry
2. Hollywood Rock 
3. CM Punk 
4. Charlotte 
5. LA Knight
6. Macho Man
7. 90’s HBK
8. Hollywood Hogan

11. AJ Lee

12. Alexa Bliss 

1. Pre Hollywood Rock

2. Attitude Era SCSA

3. Hollywood Hogan

4. Booker T

5. HHH

6. Kurt Angle

7. Seth Rollins

8. Ministry Undertaker

9. Bray Wyatt

10. LA Knight

11. Jay Lethal

12.  Tribal Chief Roman

13. Kofi Kingston 

After this list I lose a lot of interest.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Angry 1

just for the men and as singles. 

1. Nature Boy Ric Flair. Not much else needs to be said. Had it all. Technical proficiency, in ring psychology, promos, the works. As complete a pro wrestler as there will ever be.

2. Hogan in any incarnation. Wrestling’s top draw across multiple eras as both a face and a heel is no mean feat. Weaker than Flair technically, but few will ever understand how to work a crowd or tell a story like him again. 

3. Stone Cold. The ultimate badass, “stick it to the man” champion. Wrestling’s biggest draw in its most lucrative era. Sure they WWEd it up eventually, but Austin vs McMahon was literal perfection. Had to change his style after his injury, but his charisma made that shortcoming no obstacle.

4. The Rock. Wrestling’s most charismatic man and a Rembrandt with the mic. Had a career path a lot like Roman’s with all the initial “go home” heat from WWE trying to force him down our throats as the next big thing. Then the Nation of Domination happened and he became God’s gift to the promo. Up there with Flair and Michaels for best seller in the business. 

5. Shawn Michaels. Basically the second coming of Flair with a *better* work rate. Like Flair he could carry a broom to a 3* match.

6. The Undertaker. Probably the only wrestler alive that could get an “I am an undead mortician biker zombie that can teleport around” gimmick over and *keep* it over to this day.

7. Sting. The star of the hottest angle WCW ever pulled off, even if they did botch the end of it. Crow Sting basically was my childhood lol.

8. Hitman. The biggest draw in the business during what was a transitional era. Weaker on the mic, but probably the best in ring technician ever. 

9.  Macho Man. Second fiddle to Hogan he may have been but no top 10 list can skip him. 

10. Roman Reigns. At the end of the day wrestling is about telling a story, and no one has a better one than Roman Reigns, in Kayfabe or in reality.

Honorable mentions 

Angle. Another one with an argument for best technician.

Rikodozan. Probably the best Japanese wrestler in history.

Inoki. The other side of the coin with Rikodozan. Founded NJPW, which makes him influential as hell. 

Jericho. Promo god. Needs to quit killing his legacy though. 

Trips. Great career, and with an even better one as an exec in front of him.

El Santo. The ur example of luchador enmascarado. A national hero in Mexico to this day 

Rey Misterio. Practically every mainstream wrestling fan’s introduction to high flying luchadors.

Bill Goldberg. Star of WCW’s last white hot angle. Kept WCW afloat just long enough for Vince Russo to take it out back and shoot it.

Eddie Guerrero. A wrestling genius taken from us far too soon.

Should do one for tag teams and the women.

• Love 1

Love that Danhausen

image.thumb.png.7fab802fba89d7912d5664e817bf5f83.png

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

1. Pre Hollywood Rock

2. Attitude Era SCSA

3. Hollywood Hogan

4. Booker T

5. HHH

6. Kurt Angle

7. Seth Rollins

8. Ministry Undertaker

9. Bray Wyatt

10. LA Knight

11. Jay Lethal

12.  Tribal Chief Roman

13. Kofi Kingston 

After this list I lose a lot of interest.

Seriously bro!?!? Pre Hollywood rock!?!? What are we even doing here????? Hollywood rock is the greatest character in wrasslin history!!!! 😡😤🤬😠👿

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Seriously bro!?!? Pre Hollywood rock!?!? What are we even doing here????? Hollywood rock is the greatest character in wrasslin history!!!! 😡😤🤬😠👿

Pre Hollywood Rock was my idol. We he came back with the belt buckle, shaved head, etc, it just wasn’t the same to me.

Peak Rock…

IMG_0287.jpeg

• Angry 1

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Pre Hollywood Rock was my idol. We he came back with the belt buckle, shaved head, etc, it just wasn’t the same to me.

Peak Rock…

IMG_0287.jpeg

IMG_7684.gif

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

IMG_7684.gif

He was already to cool and had to much face love in my eyes to come back as an a**hole. My version of The Rock went toe to toe with Austin, Hogan, HHH, Jericho, Undertaker. He teamed with Foley. He was a hero. You can’t just turn into a generic Hollywood a**hole after all that. Didn’t work. The entrance theme was awesome though.

10 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He teamed with Foley.

Rock n sock connection was fun because of how absurd it was. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He was already to cool and had to much face love in my eyes to come back as an a**hole. My version of The Rock went toe to toe with Austin, Hogan, HHH, Jericho, Undertaker. He teamed with Foley. He was a hero. You can’t just turn into a generic Hollywood a**hole after all that. Didn’t work. The entrance theme was awesome though.

GREATEST. WRESTLING. CHARACTER. EVER. 🐐 🐐 🐐 

47 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Rock n sock connection was fun because of how absurd it was. 

Only rivaled by Booker and Goldust.

Edited by AuCivilEng1