Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

Not gonna lie. Taker didn’t hit like Austin would have. He could barely lift Rock for the choke slam. Other than that, it was a damn good match. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty good mania. 

lol what In the world!? There are acting like this is some wwe lifer who finally conquered Goliath. WTF!?

• Haha 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

lol what In the world!? There are acting like this is some wwe lifer who finally conquered Goliath. WTF!?

It’s literally Dusty’s kid my dude. 

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Not gonna lie. Taker didn’t hit like Austin would have. He could barely lift Rock for the choke slam. Other than that, it was a damn good match. 

Pretty clear that was the Austin spot and for whatever reason they couldn’t secure his services for this.

• Like 1

Just now, AUDub said:

It’s literally Dusty’s kid my dude. 

Dusty who barely even wrestled in wwe. He’s a wrestling legend. Not wwe. Cody fuggin left the wwe and helped start the main competition. If you don’t think this over the top after match celebration is weird idk what to tell you. I can only remember it happening for foley off the top of my head

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I mean that’s about as close to a WWE lifer beating Goliath as you’re ever going to see again. They won’t keep the belt on a guy for over 1000 days for a long long time. 

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Pretty good mania. 

What you mean!? It was a fantastic mania!!! Especially night 2!!!

What you mean!? It was a fantastic mania!!! Especially night 2!!!

That’s called an “understatement” lol. 

Edited by AUDub

D If you don’t think this over the top after match celebration is weird idk what to tell you. I can only remember it happening for foley off the top of my head

I agree with you tbh on the length of the celebration. But they probably felt that something not over the top would be a slap in the face to Reigns and the magnitude of his accomplishment.

Dusty who barely even wrestled in wwe. He’s a wrestling legend. Not wwe. Cody fuggin left the wwe and helped start the main competition. If you don’t think this over the top after match celebration is weird idk what to tell you. I can only remember it happening for foley off the top of my head

He’s a “wrestling” legend. That’s enough lol. 

The bloodline is still going to be the top of the card going forward. 

lot to resolve here. Lot of story to tell. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I agree with you tbh on the length of the celebration. But they probably felt that something not over the top would be a slap in the face to Reigns and the magnitude of his accomplishment.

If that is what it was about then fine but it’s hilarious seeing some of these people he barely knows since he’s only been back 2 years acting like their best friend in the whole world conquered the greatest reign in the modern era.

If that is what it was about then fine but it’s hilarious seeing some of these people he barely knows since he’s only been back 2 years acting like their best friend in the whole world conquered the greatest reign in the modern era.

He’s a Rhodes he literally knows all these clowns. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The bloodline is still going to be the top of the card going forward. 

lot to resolve here. Lot of story to tell. 

I don’t think it’s going to hit the same without Reigns holding that title. You can’t be head of the table when you aren’t holding a belt. They’ll keep it going, because it’s because it’s become its own brand, but I think we’ve seen the glory days of the bloodline.

Just now, AUDub said:

He’s a Rhodes he literally knows all these clowns. 

Knows but not close with. Yes it’s pro wrasslin at the end of the day. But  Feels like they are trying to act like Cody is way more important and bigger than he is. This isn’t jerrrrrrn cenaaaaaa or another wwe legend.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t think it’s going to hit the same without Reigns holding that title. You can’t be head of the table when you aren’t holding a belt. They’ll keep it going, because it’s because it’s become its own brand, but I think we’ve seen the glory days of the bloodline.

You have to resolve it going forward. There’s story here. Rock and Roman, Jimmy and Jey are still a thing. Can’t let that kind of gold go. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Everyone wrestler on the stage has beefed with Roman over his reign. I see the celebration as more of a wrap up of the story that has been told.

• Like 1

They will keep it going just to get to rock and Roman next mania. But it will be awhile for that since I’m sure Roman won’t be back until around summerslam and who knows with rock.

Knows but not close with. Yes it’s pro wrasslin at the end of the day. But  Feels like they are trying to act like Cody is way more important and bigger than he is. This isn’t jerrrrrrn cenaaaaaa or another wwe legend.

Rhodes family are wrestling royalty lol. 

Edited by AUDub

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

They will keep it going just to get to rock and Roman next mania. But it will be awhile for that since I’m sure Roman won’t be back until around summerslam and who knows with rock.

I’ll bet Rock Roman at summerslam then the Rock goes away. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Rhodes family are wrestling royalty lol. 

I actually never agreed with the sentiment.

I love the Rhodes family and they are a wrestling family, but before tonight, they hadn’t accomplished a whole lot😂. Dustin was a complete joke until he figured out how to make Golddust work with Booker T. I still think of his uncle fester WCW character at least once a week and giggle.

• Love 1

I actually never agreed with the sentiment.

I love the Rhodes family and they are a wrestling family, but before tonight, they hadn’t accomplished a whole lot😂. Dustin was a complete joke until he figured out how to make Golddust work with Booker T. I still think of his uncle fester WCW character at least once a week and giggle.

Lord have mercy Dusty had a mid card son but the dude was not only a top face he literally booked a top promotion at one time. Hell he even has a term of art named after him in the business, the “Dusty finish” lol. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Lord have mercy Dusty had a mid card son but the dude was not only a top face he literally booked a top promotion at one time. Hell he even has a term of art named after him in the business, the “Dusty finish” lol. 

I mean Dusty Rhodes is an absolute legend. But Dustin was a total goob and Cody just started hitting his prime. That’s why I wouldn’t call the family royalty. Not yet.

• Thanks 1

I mean Dusty Rhodes is an absolute legend. But Dustin was a total goob and Cody just started hitting his prime. That’s why I wouldn’t call the family royalty. Not yet.

Dusty is a literal multi promotion hall of famer, Dustin got literally the worst damned gimmick in history over and whatever Cody touches turns into gold. They’re royalty.