Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

Just now, AUDub said:

Dusty is a literal multi promotion hall of famer, Dustin got literally the worst damned gimmick in history over and whatever Cody touches turns into gold. They’re royalty. 

Meh. Agree to disagree for now. Them comparing themselves to the Samoan Dynasty is silly as hell. The two families are on way different levels. 

Maybe Cody can close that gap a bit though. He’s about to have a dream run in the business. They’ve geared up a whole new era dedicated to him. 

• Like 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Meh. Agree to disagree for now. Them comparing themselves to the Samoan Dynasty is silly as hell. The two families are on way different levels. 

Maybe Cody can close that gap a bit though. He’s about to have a dream run in the business. They’ve geared up a whole new era dedicated to him. 

The Anoa’ia has dynasty has volume, sure. The biggest one in the family got planted by taker tonight lol. 

Either way. Good god. That’s the most fun I’ve had watching rasslin since the late 90s. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

Just now, AUDub said:

The Anoa’ia has dynasty has volume, sure. The biggest one in the family got planted by taker tonight lol. 

When did Taker touch Roman?😏

They also have accomplishments.

Roman, Rock, USO’s, Yokozuna, Wild Samoans, Rikishi, Tamina have all held gold. Hell Rock and Roman could arguably both be on a WWE Mount Rushmore and were top draws of their respected era’s. 

• Love 1

Night 2 was way better than night 1

Was the Seth throw back a way of saying he's changing back to SFR? Without the crazy goofiness. 

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

When did Taker touch Roman?

Doesn’t touch Rock yet. People forget how monstrous the attitude/MNW era was, and the Rock was a key part of that. We’re still watered down compared to then. 

Edited by AUDub

I skipped the street fight.  Was it any good?  That's the only match I missed tonight. 

Just now, AUBwins said:

I skipped the street fight.  Was it any good?  That's the only match I missed tonight. 

No pretty meh. 

Just now, AUBwins said:

Was the Seth throw back a way of saying he's changing back to SFR? Without the crazy goofiness. 

I don’t think so. I think it was just a call back to Roman’s story. He’s too over with his loud flower attire and abrasive attitude. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AUDub said:

No pretty meh. 

Clearly assumed correctly then lol

Cody’s presser good god this man was made to be a face. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Doesn’t touch Rock yet. People forget how monstrous the attitude/MNW era was, and the Rock was a key part of that. We’re still watered down compared to then. 

I was joking. Lol. The Rock is one of the biggest superstars that has ever existed in any capacity. Not just wrestling. Nobody is touching that man’s accomplishments for a very long time.

Although I was watching on a bit of a delay and the stupid YouTube channel comes across "Cody finishes his story!" I was pissed  😆.  We knew that is where it was going but still wanted to see it play out first

Just now, AUBwins said:

Although I was watching on a bit of a delay and the stupid YouTube channel comes across "Cody finishes his story!" I was pissed  😆.  We knew that is where it was going but still wanted to see it play out first

The worry that the WWE might WWE it up was always there. 

• Like 1

Time to start a new story! 

image.gif.96b325f33ea30f2cc17cc743d99046d6.gif

The WWE is STILL sitting on gold. Bring on Bron Steiner. 

Just now, AUDub said:

The worry that the WWE might WWE it up was always there. 

Fortunately Vince wasn’t there to pull his vintage sh*t on the fans hopes and dreams stunt.

Fortunately Vince wasn’t there to pull his vintage sh*t on the fans hopes and dreams stunt.

“Cena wins lol”

• Haha 1

At first I thought Jimmy and Jey hit straight floor lol.  I saw they at least somewhat hit the table

Just now, AUBwins said:

At first I thought Jimmy and Jey hit straight floor lol.  I saw they at least somewhat hit the table

It’s Philly there’s always a table. 

• Haha 1

Just now, AUDub said:

It’s Philly there’s always a table. 

Agreed but they nearly missed it lol

Just now, AUBwins said:

Agreed but they nearly missed it lol

Classic Uso

“Uce we gotta at least catch a corner”

Favorite swerve was using Punk in the cash in.  Drew focused on him all night.  That was perfect and made it believable that Drew was damaged enough.