Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

41 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I’ll bet Rock Roman at summerslam then the Rock goes away. 

Summerslam!? When is the last time rock did a Summerslam!? 😂😂That match is way bigger than Summerslam! If they do it then I bet it’s going to main event night 2 at mania. 

Just now, AUBwins said:

Favorite swerve was using Punk in the cash in.  Drew focused on him all night.  That was perfect and made it believable that Drew was damaged enough. 

Drew getting too full of himself, getting boot up his ass from Punk after getting in his face and it costing him the title was literal perfection. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I actually never agreed with the sentiment.

I love the Rhodes family and they are a wrestling family, but before tonight, they hadn’t accomplished a whole lot😂. Dustin was a complete joke until he figured out how to make Golddust work with Booker T. I still think of his uncle fester WCW character at least once a week and giggle.

IMG_7407.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Summerslam!? When is the last time rock did a Summerslam!? 😂😂That match is way bigger than Summerslam! If they do it then I bet it’s going to main event night 2 at mania. 

Summerslam is the next tier down from Mania and I’m not sure Rock is still here in a year. Have to cook it off there. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yea I think I saw where Rock has to pretty much do something else right after Mania.  Either filming a movie or something.

Does bloodline address anything tomorrow? 

20 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I was joking. Lol. The Rock is one of the biggest superstars that has ever existed in any capacity. Not just wrestling. Nobody is touching that man’s accomplishments for a very long time.

Oh no doubt! Easily the most successful alumni of wwe. Biggest movie star on the planet. Best talker in wwe history! List goes on and on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Summerslam is the next tier down from Mania and I’m not sure Rock is still here in a year. Have to cook it off there. 

He will always be around whenever his crazy schedule allows it since he’s on the board now. 

It’s weird they haven’t announced the location for next years mania right? They usually have it by now.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

It’s weird they haven’t announced the location for next years mania right? They usually have it by now.

They have their pick. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He will always be around whenever his crazy schedule allows it since he’s on the board now. 

Whenever you can guarantee it. But wait too long and no one cares. 

• Like 1

Good point!!

Just now, AUBwins said:

Good point!!

WWE is killing it. The booking options are amazing. 

• Thanks 1

And I just sat through trip’s presser and the WWE could not have a better guy handling things. He just gets the business. 

• Love 1

Oh this is God tier s***

image.thumb.png.4c3a3d05932d70d7205d1e2406c4db92.png

• Haha 1

Going to bed. Still riding the wave. Tonight was special. Can’t wait for RAW. 

• Love 1

one more. 

“mom can we have a Rhodes vs a Samoan named Joe?”

”we have a Rhodes vs a Samoan named Joe at home”

image.thumb.png.2c5fe259e015d9d43e1c7c0a9be23cb1.png

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, AUDub said:

one more. 

“mom can we have a Rhodes vs a Samoan named Joe?”

”we have a Rhodes vs a Samoan named Joe at home”

image.thumb.png.2c5fe259e015d9d43e1c7c0a9be23cb1.png

image.gif.e8ec12447196f89486afbec2192c7528.gif

• Haha 1

The Cena interference is the only goof for putting hands on Roman.  Everyone else took out the other interference like you said @AUDub. But they did let Cody hit 3 XRhodes to finish it off. 

49 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

The Cena interference is the only goof for putting hands on Roman.  Everyone else took out the other interference like you said @AUDub. But they did let Cody hit 3 XRhodes to finish it off. 

Yeah didn’t care for that, but they did let Roman recover so it didn’t “tip the scales” too badly. 

Roman lost because he couldn’t let go of his history with the shield, choosing to devastate Seth rather than Cody when he had him dead to rights. Excellent storytelling. Only way that could have been better was if Mox was still in the promotion. 

Edited by AUDub

After coming off the initial high, I kind of wish they introduced a little bit more chaos in that last few mins. I loved the interferences, but I feel like that lacked energy. Jey and Jimmy took themselves out within seconds, Solo was disposed of fairly easily by Cena, Rock made Cena look week af with one move and their pause before the Rock finished him was unnatural, Seth wasn’t even seen on camera until he was speared into oblivion and he was gone, Taker in that spot felt weird for some reason and he gave Rock the weakest looking choke slam ever.

I would have liked to see everyone going at it around the ramp and ring while Cody and Roman ended the match. The chaos flow felt too linear and planned. But it happened how it happened and accomplished the goal.

Edited by AuCivilEng1

I guess since Cody is the champ now, I will address this:

I am thoroughly unimpressed with the Crossroads Finishing Maneuver from Cody.  All he does is twist opponent over from backside to frontside and the opponent obviously lands on Cody's bicep.

Does not look devastating at all to me like a pile driver does.  With a pile driver it at least appears the opponents head bounces off the mat, even though his shoulders get caught by the wrestler delivering it's legs to prevent his head & neck from hitting the mat. (that's just one example).

There are other finishing moves that appear to be way more devasting and believable than the Crossroads.

2 other great finishing moves are the Helluva Kick & the Claymore.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

After coming off the initial high, I kind of wish they introduced a little bit more chaos in that last few mins. I loved the interferences, but I feel like that lacked energy. Jey and Jimmy took themselves out within seconds, Solo was disposed of fairly easily by Cena, Rock made Cena look week af with one move and their pause before the Rock finished him was unnatural, Seth wasn’t even seen on camera until he was speared into oblivion and he was gone, Taker in that spot felt weird for some reason and he gave Rock the weakest looking choke slam ever.

I would have liked to see everyone going at it around the ramp and ring while Cody and Roman ended the match. The chaos flow felt too linear and planned. But it happened how it happened and accomplished the goal.

Taker is damn near almost 60 and rock is pushing 285 as a big ol ball of granite!!! You are lucky he even got him off the ground at all!! 😂😂 like we said before that was obviously the stone cold spot. Stone cold is the most protective of his character in wwe history and I have zero doubts he said no to this because he wouldn’t of been the star of the show and that’s just how it goes for stone cold. Remember he threw a huge fit backstage at mania 30 because when they opened the show with hogan, Austin and rock he wanted to go out last but the company wanted rock to and he almost backed out of doing it.

🐐 looooove mr glorious!!! Glad he is finally finding somewhere to shine in wwe!!!