Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I totally feel this… US crowds absolutely suck compared to this one!!

I’ll be hearing “SIMPLEMENT DEUX” in my sleep tonight and I’m not mad about it lol. Jeez wish we could get crowds like that here. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

I’ll be hearing “SIMPLEMENT DEUX” in my sleep tonight and I’m not mad about it lol. Jeez wish we could get crowds like that here. 

A Fuggin men brother!!! I’m cool with them doing every ple outside the US besides Rumble, mania and Summerslam!!!

In hindsight my only complaint about the match was Cody kicking out of the Burning Hammer at 1. Just a small one but that’s a move that probably should remain protected as all get out. Hell there’s really only one guy I’d trust to do it safely on the WWE roster right and that’s AJ.

Meanwhile Ilja and Ricochet tore the house down with a spot monkey match just now. It was exactly what it needed to be. 

Hard to believe this throwback compared to now

20240508_175505.jpg

• Like 2

Logan cuts a pretty good heel promo lol. 

Jeez Kenny’s stream last night where he started shooting. No wonder Corny is warming up to him lately. 

Got the library to order Becky's book for me.  Gonna give it a read.  I'm somewhat familiar with her story, but the memoirs from her journey are included supposedly so I'm interested to see how it comes together. And those that have read it like her style of writing.   I've always been a fan of hers though.  

i will be watching the iron claw  on max tonight or tomorrow. i have heard it is great and based on a true story.

I’m convinced at this point that Gunther is allergic to bad matches. Dude just can’t miss. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2024 at 4:55 PM, AUBwins said:

Hard to believe this throwback compared to now

20240508_175505.jpg

Ilja needs to go over tonight because we need this matchup. 

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

Ilja needs to go over tonight because we need this matchup. 

Well I hate that he didn’t go over but to a degree I get it lol. Ilja and Gunther doesn’t need to happen right now and Jey is white hot over with the fans. 

IMG_4619.thumb.jpeg.0b3d7116b4c713901462450d7a033698.jpeg

Little one joined me in the basement (literal basement. insider term) for RAW tonight and I can already tell she’s gonna be a huge Iyo Sky mark lol. 

• Love 1

18 hours ago, AUDub said:

Well I hate that he didn’t go over but to a degree I get it lol. Ilja and Gunther doesn’t need to happen right now and Jey is white hot over with the fans. 

The IWC marks and their venom over Jey and this result is hilarious to me. This was also only Ilja’s third match since his call up, so no he isn’t being “buried” lol. I mean on one hand yes Ilja and Gunther would have been incredible given what we’ve seen in the past like their NXT UK match.

On the other hand that’s not a match you do in the semis of the KOTR on RAW. That’s a match that deserves a big 4 PPV and a proper build.

If there’s one thing the IWC doesn’t seem to understand it’s that “the business” is well, a business, and the goal is to make money. “Bangers” are only part of that.

So yeah I get that Jey is a very limited, “4 moves of doom” wrestler and all that. His wrestling is his weak point. But what’s he good at? Cutting promos, telling a story, getting the fans invested and selling a s*** ton of merch. 

If you aren’t impressed by his work right now get ready for the new Bloodline story when Roman comes back as the Noble Demon lesser of two evils face, likely with Jey at his side under a sort of Bloodline Wolfpac deal lol. 

• Like 1

I mean Jeys charisma in his entrance alone is apparent as the new firefly leader in the clubhouse 😆 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I mean Jeys charisma in his entrance alone is apparent as the new firefly leader in the clubhouse 😆 

Between him and LA Knight it’s a good thing they’re in separate brands or they might wear out a crowd with their walk outs alone. 

• Haha 1