Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

After coming off the initial high, I kind of wish they introduced a little bit more chaos in that last few mins. I loved the interferences, but I feel like that lacked energy. Jey and Jimmy took themselves out within seconds, Solo was disposed of fairly easily by Cena, Rock made Cena look week af with one move and their pause before the Rock finished him was unnatural, Seth wasn’t even seen on camera until he was speared into oblivion and he was gone, Taker in that spot felt weird for some reason and he gave Rock the weakest looking choke slam ever.

I would have liked to see everyone going at it around the ramp and ring while Cody and Roman ended the match. The chaos flow felt too linear and planned. But it happened how it happened and accomplished the goal.

😂😂

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

I guess since Cody is the champ now, I will address this:

I am thoroughly unimpressed with the Crossroads Finishing Maneuver from Cody.  All he does is twist opponent over from backside to frontside and the opponent obviously lands on Cody's bicep.

Does not look devastating at all to me like a pile driver does.  With a pile driver it at least appears the opponents head bounces off the mat, even though his shoulders get caught by the wrestler delivering it's legs to prevent his head & neck from hitting the mat. (that's just one example).

There are other finishing moves that appear to be way more devasting and believable than the Crossroads.

2 other great finishing moves are the Helluva Kick & the Claymore.

It doesn’t look great against bigger guys and a lot of if depends on how well it’s sold. Sometimes it looks devastating. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

😂😂

The rock has always been an incredible seller lol. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

I guess since Cody is the champ now, I will address this:

I am thoroughly unimpressed with the Crossroads Finishing Maneuver from Cody.  All he does is twist opponent over from backside to frontside and the opponent obviously lands on Cody's bicep.

Does not look devastating at all to me like a pile driver does.  With a pile driver it at least appears the opponents head bounces off the mat, even though his shoulders get caught by the wrestler delivering it's legs to prevent his head & neck from hitting the mat. (that's just one example).

There are other finishing moves that appear to be way more devasting and believable than the Crossroads.

2 other great finishing moves are the Helluva Kick & the Claymore.

😂😂 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Meh. Cena is too cheesy for this new hyper realistic era we are going into. 

22 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Meh. Cena is too cheesy for this new hyper realistic era we are going into. 

Not a fan of jerrrrrrrrn!?!? The Dr Of Thuganomics is perfect for any era!!!! Will always love cena because of that run. 

47 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not a fan of jerrrrrrrrn!?!? The Dr Of Thuganomics is perfect for any era!!!! Will always love cena because of that run. 

You’re joking right? That was quite possibly the cringiest gimmick in history 😂

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You’re joking right? That was quite possibly the cringiest gimmick in history 😂

You serious!?! That was fuggin awesome!!! Word life baby!!! It was hilarious how he dropped everyone in his promos doing a vanilla ice impersonation!!! Woooo!!!

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You serious!?! That was fuggin awesome!!! Word life baby!!! It was hilarious how he dropped everyone in his promos doing a vanilla ice impersonation!!! Woooo!!!

image.gif.1e0de5683c6338139ab0e8cc1a4a09c5.gif

14 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

image.gif.1e0de5683c6338139ab0e8cc1a4a09c5.gif

I am honestly shocked you didn’t like that! We were both teenagers during that run. That should be right in your wheelhouse! Man if you didn’t like that cena then you don’t like any version of him because that was by far the best one!

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am honestly shocked you didn’t like that! We were both teenagers during that run. That should be right in your wheelhouse! Man if you didn’t like that cena then you don’t like any version of him because that was by far the best one!

Ding ding ding. Cena is a dope dude. All I remember from my childhood, teenage years was watching The Rock, Austin, Shawn Michaels, nWo, etc and thinking they were all the coolest mf’s on the planet, and then this dope in an oversized hat and comically large chain comes out looking like Marky Mark. And then after he had that run, he somehow got more cheesey with his jorts, loud colorful t shirts, sweatbands, and false marine mannerisms. God! That whole era was such an embarrassing time.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ding ding ding. Cena is a dope dude. All I remember from my childhood, teenage years was watching The Rock, Austin, Shawn Michaels, nWo, etc and thinking they were all the coolest mf’s on the planet, and then this dope in an oversized hat and comically large chain comes out looking like Marky Mark. And then after he had that run, he somehow got more cheesey with his jorts, loud colorful t shirts, sweatbands, and false marine mannerisms. God! That whole era was such an embarrassing time.

The super cena gimmick was awful. Truly terrible. My least favorite gimmick by a main event guy besides Roman reigns big dawg gimmick but come on!!! Cena’s rapping days were so immensely unique and yes C O O L!!!! Hahaha hate you didn’t get to enjoy it man. It was spectacular! It’s no coincidence that the fans turned on him shortly after he got away from that…

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

image.gif.3ddb23c0f57c81ab189e04287bd62f1a.gif

A complete embarrassment ^^

@GwillMac6

This was not the dr of thuganomics days though… this was 2008….

@GwillMac6The one thing I will give John Cena is that somehow, someway, he is one of the most effortlessly talented comedic actors I think I’ve ever seen. It truly shocks me how insanely perfect his comedic acting and timing turned out to be. I thoroughly enjoy and respect him as a person way more now that he’s gone to Hollywood.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

This was not the dr of thuganomics days though… this was 2008….

image.gif.d6c61a53d29f4c8735ea9ad38c8b882e.gif

Dude…….lol

This is so much worse than the first one!!!😂😂😂😂😂

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

image.gif.d6c61a53d29f4c8735ea9ad38c8b882e.gif

Dude…….lol

This is so much worse than the first one!!!😂😂😂😂😂

Yes see this was the actual DR of thuganomics days! His royal rumble return in 08 he was already PG super ceeeena and I despised that cena.

Idk how you didn’t love this!? Sorry bro but I was all in and hooked! it was a lot of fun!

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

@GwillMac6The one thing I will give John Cena is that somehow, someway, he is one of the most effortlessly talented comedic actors I think I’ve ever seen. It truly shocks me how insanely perfect his comedic acting and timing turned out to be. I thoroughly enjoy and respect him as a person way more now that he’s gone to Hollywood.

Absolutely! Him and Rock are 2 of my favorite actors. Never miss a movie of theirs!

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Yes see this was the actual DR of thuganomics days! His royal rumble return in 08 he was already PG super ceeeena and I despised that cena.

Idk how you didn’t love this!? Sorry bro but I was all in and hooked! it was a lot of fun!

I remember thinking when I saw this “this is as close as Vince McMahon will ever get to pushing a black guy as the face of the company”. 😂😂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Absolutely! Him and Rock are 2 of my favorite actors. Never miss a movie of theirs!

Rock needs to step out of his comfort zone for me to take him seriously as an actor. It’s easy to play the bad ass hero in every movie when you’re a naturally handsome 6-5 265 muscle machine. Lol. All he has to do is exist. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Rock needs to step out of his comfort zone for me to take him seriously as an actor. It’s easy to play the bad ass hero in every movie when you’re a naturally handsome 6-5 265 muscle machine. Lol. All he has to do is exist. 

He def is for his next role that he’s filming in may! He’s doing a serious biopic with Emily blunt from A24 studios ! I can’t fuggin wait!!! L F G!!! Hyyyyyped!!!

See I’m totally fine with rock playing that role all the time!! It’s what he is naturally was born to do!!! I eat it up every time for each movie!! 😂😂

Now that the kitschy victory promo is out of the way let’s get down to brass tacks lol. 

This crowd is schizophrenic lol.