Former FBI Agent Speaks Out About Comey

Proud Tiger

Interesting comments from former FBI Asst. Director Chris Swecker and former  DOJ official Robert Driscoll. Seems Comey has his detractors even within the FBI and DOJ. I used to have the utmost respect for Comey but now he seemingly can't decide which side of a scandal fence he is on and is in a CYA mode.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/02/02/shocking-memo-reveals-how-comey-disgraced-honorable-fbi.html

22 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Interesting comments from former FBI Asst. Director Chris Swecker and former  DOJ official Robert Driscoll. Seems Comey has his detractors even within the FBI and DOJ. I used to have the utmost respect for Comey but now he seemingly can't decide which side of a scandal fence he is on and is in a CYA mode.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/02/02/shocking-memo-reveals-how-comey-disgraced-honorable-fbi.html

Thanks....FBI using the concept of "national security" to cover up some embarrassing behavior by it's top officials. ....and dems apparently buying into the lie. 

Another example of a corrupt bureaucracy trying to engage in a cover-up to protect some people who should be exposed.   Nothing in the memo that revealed anything even remotely "secret" from a national security standpoint unless one considers that catching top FBI lying damages national security. 

36 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

"If the facts stated in the memo are true – despite the highly political nature of congressional committees – then there was either incompetent or deliberate manipulation of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) Court to get approval of the surveillance."

This completely neglects the fact Page was under FISA investigation since 2014, and the dossier only served to renew surveillance warrantshttp://www.washingtonexaminer.com/former-trump-adviser-carter-page-under-fisa-warrant-since-2014-report/article/2630576

"FBI agent Peter Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page – who were carrying on a romantic affair when they traded numerous text criticizing then-candidate Trump – are now star witnesses for the defense in any indictments that come out of Mueller’s office."

Again, neglecting the information that shows Strzok to be equally critical of Clintonhttps://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/12/5/16737350/peter-strzok-clinton-emails-fbi-trump-scandal-mueller

"Mueller is an honest, fair and non-political professional who took a bullet for his country as a Marine in Vietnam. He is our best chance to learn the truth. And the truth should be good enough for everyone. He served for 12 years as FBI director with many accomplishments, no terrorist attacks on his watch and not a hint of controversy."

Agreed.  Maybe the GOP and Fox should stop running with BS stories as if they were gospel in an effort to discredit Mueller.

Or maybe just keep spinning...

"Ex-FBI Agents are picking up information that the inspector general’s report will be far more graphic in detailing the misconduct of McCabe, Strzok and others more serious that what is in the memo released Friday."

28 minutes ago, HVAU said:

"If the facts stated in the memo are true – despite the highly political nature of congressional committees – then there was either incompetent or deliberate manipulation of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) Court to get approval of the surveillance."

This completely neglects the fact Page was under FISA investigation since 2014, and the dossier only served to renew surveillance warrants. http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/former-trump-adviser-carter-page-under-fisa-warrant-since-2014-report/article/2630576

"FBI agent Peter Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page – who were carrying on a romantic affair when they traded numerous text criticizing then-candidate Trump – are now star witnesses for the defense in any indictments that come out of Mueller’s office."

Again, neglecting the information that shows Strzok to be equally critical of Clinton. https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/12/5/16737350/peter-strzok-clinton-emails-fbi-trump-scandal-mueller

"Mueller is an honest, fair and non-political professional who took a bullet for his country as a Marine in Vietnam. He is our best chance to learn the truth. And the truth should be good enough for everyone. He served for 12 years as FBI director with many accomplishments, no terrorist attacks on his watch and not a hint of controversy."

Agreed.  Maybe the GOP and Fox should stop running with BS stories as if they were gospel in an effort to discredit Mueller.

Or maybe just keep spinning...

"Ex-FBI Agents are picking up information that the inspector general’s report will be far more graphic in detailing the misconduct of McCabe, Strzok and others more serious that what is in the memo released Friday."

Everything I've heard today from Rs is that there is NO intent to interfere with the Mueller investigation. Have you heard otherwise? I don't even see how the memo has any direct relation to the Mueller investigation which is supposedly related to collusion with the Russians. One little fact..... one of the key characters in the dossier deal (Steele) was a British spy. Imagine that.......the Clinton campaign and the DNC paid GPS Fusion to dig up dirt on Trump. GPS in turn hired a British. Imagine that.....the Brits were trying to influence our election :Sing:

Stand by, there is much more to come.

8 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Everything I've heard today from Rs is that there is NO intent to interfere with the Mueller investigation. 

R's today is one thing.  R's a few days ago...

"Napolitano said actions described in the memo have been called "KGB-like" - a reference to the former Soviet secret police, with which Russian President Vladimir Putin was associated."

“It’s troubling. It is shocking,” Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) told Fox News. “Part of me wishes that I didn’t read it because I don’t want to believe that those kinds of things could be happening in this country that I call home and love so much.”

“The facts contained in this memo are jaw-dropping and demand full transparency. There is no higher priority than the release of this information to preserve our democracy,” said Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), a member of the Judiciary Committee, which oversees the DOJ and the FBI.

Rep. Steve King (R-IA), called what he saw in the memo “sickening” and said it was “worse than Watergate.”

I don't even see how the memo has any direct relation to the Mueller investigation which is supposedly related to collusion with the Russians.

I suggest to you that the specific blindness to which you refer is a result of your bias and decisions regarding the sources you reply on for information.

One little fact..... one of the key characters in the dossier deal (Steele) was a British spy. Imagine that.......the Brits are trying to influence our election :Sing:

... And if good accounts weren't seemingly corroborated by other sources you might have more validity in this manner.

Stand by, there is much more to come.

There always is.  "Tick tock" as Trump's media lackey is so fond of saying.

13 hours ago, HVAU said:

HVAU.....most of what you say in your last post I fully agree with. Your quotes from Rs say nothing about terminating the Mueller probe which has nothing to do with anything in the memo. The only person who might be squirming a bit is Rosenstein but we shall see.

For me after all the hullaboo since the memo was released boils down to this:

The Clinton campaign and the DNC hire GPS Fusion to find dirt on Trump. GPS hired British spy Steele who produced the fake dossier. The dossier was then given a lot of attention in the press including a major article In the NTY quoting a :source. The DOJ/FBI then used then used the dossier to get a FISA warrant (renewed twice) to spy on an American citizen is this country. If that doesn't alarm people, Dem or GOP, I can't help. It is big brother at its worst.

I am open to more info and facts if they can be collaborated. I am all for releasing the DEM memo and heard two Reps. on the Intelligence Committee this morning supporting it as log as it goes thru the same process their memo did. One stated that process has already begun.  I would fully support a Special Counsel to investigate this whole thing as it is of grave importance to our country going forward.

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Clinton campaign and the DNC hire GPS Fusion to find dirt on Trump. GPS hired British spy Steele who produced the fake dossier. The dossier was then given a lot of attention in the press including a major article In the NTY quoting a :source. The DOJ/FBI then used then used the dossier to get a FISA warrant (renewed twice) to spy on an American citizen is this country. If that doesn't alarm people, Dem or GOP, I can't help. It is big brother at its worst.

Why ignore the circumstances of FISA as it relates to Page?  He has been surveiled since 2014, and the Steele dossier was only a component of the FISA request to continue that surveillance in 2016.

51 minutes ago, HVAU said:

Why ignore the circumstances of FISA as it relates to Page?  He has been surveiled since 2014, and the Steele dossier was only a component of the FISA request to continue that surveillance in 2016.

1. I don't know the whole history of Page's surveillance. Was there FISA warrant in 2014?

2. I don't know how big a part the dossier played in the 2016 warrant and I assume you don't either. I doubt we will ever know that. BUT the important thing is that it was used AT ALL!!

I think we both want to know as much as possible for the good of our country. In that regard I fully support the release of more info by ANYONE as long as it is substantiated. The GOP memo may leave out "material facts" for whatever reason but I haven't heard anyone, except some Dems and the anti-Trump media, try to discredit anything in the memo as not factual.And lets not forget the origin of it all.......Clinton and the DNC

The bad part is this is going to go on a long time and continue the destructive divisiveness in our country.

27 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

1. I don't know the whole history of Page's surveillance. Was there FISA warrant in 2014?

2. I don't know how big a part the dossier played in the 2016 warrant and I assume you don't either. I doubt we will ever know that. BUT the important thing is that it was used AT ALL!!

I think we both want to know as much as possible for the good of our country. In that regard I fully support the release of more info by ANYONE as long as it is substantiated. The GOP memo may leave out "material facts" for whatever reason but I haven't heard anyone, except some Dems and the anti-Trump media, try to discredit anything in the memo as not factual.And lets not forget the origin of it all.......Clinton and the DNC

The bad part is this is going to go on a long time and cast a pall on our so much of our country.

And what about the warnings from the Dems and FBI spokespersons that national security would be damaged by releasing this memo?   

Are any of those people being called to account from blatantly lying to the media and the public.  They had read the memo and knew there was nothing harmful to the national security.....only to the FBI officials trying to cover up their transgressions.  What's that we usually find out....the cover-up is worse than the crime.....well in this came maybe not, but there was and is definitely a major cover-up effort by the FBI which is being aided by Dems and the media.  

This is the kind of thing that will hurt them and country down the road, just like it did when they ignored the illegal and questionable executive orders from Obama....and set a precedence for DT to do the same. 

23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

And what about the warnings from the Dems and FBI spokespersons that national security would be damaged by releasing this memo?   

Are any of those people being called to account from blatantly lying to the media and the public. 

If you consider that Nunes's memo is a blatant partisan document, with cherry picked information and factual errors, based on other documents that Nunes had not even seen, and it is being used to undermine the credibility of the FBI and the DOJ, you might conclude those Dems had a point.

They had read the memo and knew there was nothing harmful to the national security.....only to the FBI officials trying to cover up their transgressions. 

That goes along with the Trump narrative, but isn't supported by a broader review of the facts.

What's that we usually find out....the cover-up is worse than the crime.....well in this came maybe not, but there was and is definitely a major cover-up effort by the FBI which is being aided by Dems and the media.  

You've come to this conclusion based on the Nunes memo?  If so, please see above comments and the discussion on the smack board.

This is the kind of thing that will hurt them and country down the road, just like it did when they ignored the illegal and questionable executive orders from Obama....and set a precedence for DT to do the same. 

Please provide examples and citations for this claim.  I would enjoy looking deeper if there is relevance.

Sorry HV...guess you have not been paying attention the last 8 years.....do your own research about the overturned exec orders for example that nobody in congress objected to....Supreme Court and Appeals courts found a number of them illegal.  

Otherwise, watch a few interviews with the dem leaders and blatant hyperbole about the dangers of a memo that says nothing damaging to anyone but a few top FBI officials.    If you are cool with the FBI spying on US citizens....good for you ....but mostly the FBI is supposed to investigate crimes, not trick trap people into procedural crimes of a political nature. ....and the FBI long ago abandoned the fallacy of Trump and Russia collusion.....in fact, seems that Comey never believed it in the first place but that did not stop him from conducting the "investigation" and wire taps.   J Edgar must be smiling down on him from somewhere. .

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

If you are cool with the FBI spying on US citizens....good for you ....but mostly the FBI is supposed to investigate crimes, not trick trap people into procedural crimes of a political nature. .

Please go spend time in the #Releasethememo thread.  I'm tired of having this discussion in two places where, unlike you, I'm researching and presenting sources to support my arguments.

3 minutes ago, HVAU said:

Please go spend time in the #Releasethememo thread.  I'm tired of having this discussion in two places where, unlike you, I'm researching and presenting sources to support my arguments.

Go ahead and research....you are gonna believe what you believe and I will believe what if find believable....differences of opinions are what make horse races.

Take care...

10 minutes ago, HVAU said:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/jun/29/bob-goodlatte/gop-leader-supreme-court-has-ruled-13-times-obama-/

And by the way....this is what I meant about setting a bad precedence that comes back to bite those who do not fight them when they occur.  The let Obama get away with that stuff and then DT responded in kind. 

So now the dems approve of the FBI engaging in questionable political behavior and I trust they will not be upset when DT supporters use the agency to dig into the personal lives of the next Dem presidential candidates using some spurious excuse. 

Anyone who values personal freedom should be upset about a what the FBI has done and should object to that bureaucracy hiding behind "national security".    You should not have to do research to know what you believe about our 4th Amendment.

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/jun/29/bob-goodlatte/gop-leader-supreme-court-has-ruled-13-times-obama-/

And by the way....this is what I meant about setting a bad precedence that comes back to bite those who do not fight them when they occur.  The let Obama get away with that stuff and then DT responded in kind. 

So now the dems approve of the FBI engaging in questionable political behavior and I trust they will not be upset when DT supporters use the agency to dig into the personal lives of the next Dem presidential candidates using some spurious excuse. 

Anyone who values personal freedom should be upset about a what the FBI has done and should object to that bureaucracy hiding behind "national security".    You should not have to do research to know what you believe about our 4th Amendment.

I'll read this in detail more after I'm back home, but the article seems to, in part, countermand your argument against Obama, illustrating that some of these cases originated under Bush.

Again, I'll read more later, but thank you for engaging and presenting sources.

4 hours ago, HVAU said:

I'll read this in detail more after I'm back home, but the article seems to, in part, countermand your argument against Obama, illustrating that some of these cases originated under Bush.

Again, I'll read more later, but thank you for engaging and presenting sources.

As for Obama, was just making the point that when congress or the American people sit by and let a President or a government bureaucracy like the IRS or the FBI run roughshod over people you will get more of that behavior.   Like Obama and DACA...did it by edict without supporting law and now we have a big mess.   If the FBI is allowed to spy on US citizens on phony charges for political reasons and nobody objects.....it will soon become a way of life and destroy our democracy. FISA is dangerous and liberals and conservatives alike have opposed it for reasons of abuse....of which this current case is a good example. 

36 minutes ago, AU64 said:

As for Obama, was just making the point that when congress or the American people sit by and let a President or a government bureaucracy like the IRS or the FBI run roughshod over people you will get more of that behavior.   Like Obama and DACA...did it by edict without supporting law and now we have a big mess.   If the FBI is allowed to spy on US citizens on phony charges for political reasons and nobody objects.....it will soon become a way of life and destroy our democracy. FISA is dangerous and liberals and conservatives alike have opposed it for reasons of abuse....of which this current case is a good example. 

So true but our country is full of idiots (wannabee intellectuals) who think it is a laughing matter. Some post here. Joseph Goebbels would love them.

The world has been turned upside down.  We now exist in Bizarro world.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/former-hippies-put-in-horrible-position-of-rooting-for-fbi

Former Hippies Put in Horrible Position of Rooting for F.B.I.

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Former hippies across the United States have been put in the unbearable position of rooting for the F.B.I., hippies have confirmed.

From Vermont to California, erstwhile hippies bemoaned a nightmare scenario that has forced them to side with a law-enforcement agency they have despised since the Summer of Love.

“I always dreamed I’d spend my retirement surrounded by my grandchildren, telling them that the F.B.I. were fascist pigs,” Carol Foyler, a former hippie who lives in Santa Cruz, said. “That dream has been shot to hell.”

Her husband, Mick, nodded his head in sad agreement. “We were so happy when pot was legalized in California,” he said. “But the fact that we’re now on the same side as the F.B.I. has ruined even that.”

Now in their seventies, the Foylers are spending their days doing things they never dreamed possible when they traipsed through the mud at Woodstock: going door to door in Santa Cruz, asking other former freaks to sign a pro-F.B.I. petition.

“Donald Trump has wrecked America’s standing around the world, spread misogyny and bigotry, ravaged the environment, and endorsed a child molester,” Carol said. “But making people like us support the F.B.I. is the most unforgivable thing he’s done.”

Borowitz-Former-Hippies-Put-in-Horrible-

Archived