Men vs. Clemson

WarTiger

That’s it. Turned it off. Great year. Too many injuries and played horrible this game. 7 scholarship players is not the formula for a deep run. 

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Never in a million years did I think that we would get blown out by a team almost identical to us. 

It would be one thing if this was happening against nova or KU but against Clemson, this is absolutely embarrassing.

I do find it interesting that nobody is blaming this on BP.  This looked like a good team and a possible #1 seed a while back. .  I'm wondering how the team got to this point that we have seen this weekend. I'm thinking it is more than just the lost of AMac.

game..

5 minutes ago, jmcrosson said:

That’s it. Turned it off. Great year. Too many injuries and played horrible this game. 7 scholarship players is not the formula for a deep run. 

Great year!

Now go get some depth!!

31 minutes ago, around4ever said:

As much as I hate to hear it, she speaks the truth. 

I just can't tolerate the sound of her voice.....just like I can't tolerate Beth Mowins and Eli Gold. Their vocal tones make me want to scream.

Just now, AU64 said:

I do find it interesting that nobody is blaming this on BP.  This looked like a good team and a possible #1 seed a while back. .  I'm wondering how the team got to this point that we have seen this weekend. I'm thinking it is more than just the lost of AMac.

game..

I would find it hard to blame BP at this point.. guys can't even hit a layup.. they are just standing around on both sides of the ball.. I am not sure what more could be done to motivate the team with a trip to the sweet 16 on the line.. they just aren't doing anything on either end.. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

game..

I sort of made the same observation at Halftime...something is just not right. I am hoping it is just one of those perfect storms instead of something more significant. Clemson hitting everything they throw up within 40' and we can't hit a bunny basket.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

game..

No depth after AMac went down- we're exhausted. It's obvious. The shots are coming in way short and we aren't playing the entire floor.

No consistent inside presence left. We had 3 guys in October, and now we're down to 1.

1 minute ago, Mike4AU said:

Something is just not right. 

I feel the same way. And I hurt for those kids because they have shown so much heart and worked so hard.

11 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Great beer for the price. ABV at 8% helps tremendously. 

I buy it for $16/12 pack, but I think it's a seasonal. 

The Sierra Nevada brewery is about 45 min. from here.  It's well worth visiting.

https://sierranevada.com/brewery/north-carolina/brewery-tour

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

No depth after AMac went down- we're exhausted. It's obvious. The shots are coming in way short and we aren't playing the entire floor.

No consistent inside presence left. We had 3 guys in October, and now we're down to 1.

I think it's exhaustion and crushing disappointment. 

Great overachieving regular season. Proud of this achievement. Not sure what happened in the post-season but this is not the same team we had in the first 31 games.

Looking forward to next year!

30 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

They look done.

Tired, warn out, great run.

Look to next year.

I was thinking same thing earlier. This team has given a lot at this point in season. I see a team that is physically & mentally done.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

game..

Can't be that, I was very sternly informed how incorrect I was about thoughts like that lol along with things like depth.

I figured we were going home today for reasons.

Ive enjoyed the season, not embarrassed by the team like many here (only time I'm embarrassed by Auburn is when its unethical or unmoral). The exceeded all expectations and hopefully have laid a foundation for the future. This will sting them and the will be better for it.

it was a great year for a team that started the year short handed. Looking forward to next year.. hopefully they will learn from this embarrassment. 

Things were going south before Mac went out.  We fell behind big in games often.  It was 40-14 when he got hurt.   

Archived