Men vs. Clemson

WarTiger

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they had to give them a 4 seed but at the end of the year they have played like a nit team. their is really no offense just throw up a 3 while clemson gets layups

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

I honestly don't know what happened to this team. I saw tonight coming but not this bad. They lost their mojo weeks ago and just couldn't get it back. Hopefully it's something mental and there is not something internal with the team going on. 

Injuries, a lack of quality depth and just worn out. We played 3/4 of the season with our hair on fire trying to overcome our deficits. It caught up with us.

Worst loss in NCAA Tourney history is 69 points. I’d like to think we won’t eclipse that dubious mark tonight at least. 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Won't lie. I laughed.

It may be funny if him and those other clowns didn't do it all the dang time.

4 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I wonder what  Pearl's birthday plans are now?

Bourbon, lots of bourbon 

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

As has been noted at other times and other sports, it's the coach;s job to motivate the team and have them ready to play.  They were not ready in St. Louis and look about the same now...

You need a coach to motivate you for a trip to the sweet 16? No way. This one has been on our guys. Effort was piss poor tonight.

Just now, WarTiger said:

Dunbar with a THREE.  75-36

Alright!!! Now just cut it to 20 with 5 to play and 10 with 2 minutes remaining. Them,  anything can happen.

Just now, autigeremt said:

Injuries, a lack of quality depth and just worn out. We played 3/4 of the season with our hair on fire trying to overcome our deficits. It caught up with us.

I don't believe the worn out excuse. Nevada plays 6 guys and just came back down 22 to Cincinnati with 11 minutes left. 

I’m starting to wonder if something is going on we don’t know about yet with Pearl. I sure hope not. Just grabbing at straws. I can take this awful stuff if we have a future and are able to come back next year stronger.

Do we have a single offensive rebound tonight? Didn't we lead the SEC in rebounds through the season?

There's your answer. Shoot 15% and don't get rebounds and you'll lose by 40

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Won't lie. I laughed.

and on cue..........

6 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Been proud of this team all year. Tonight...ashamed. Terrible way to end a very good season. Losing your shot is one thing. Losing your heart is something else entirely. 

It's possible to lose your 'cool' without losing your "heart".

This will be a learning experience, not a judgement of character.

It’s been a fun year for basketball after so many years of drought and horrible programs. I hope we learn from this and keep getting better. War Eagle!

If you have watched this tourney and the way the other teams have played.. we look really bad in comparison. If we are not the worst looking team in the entire field, then we are second.  

Archived