Staggering the uat, Georgia games

toddc

17 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Might be moot for a bit? From (Mr. Crepea) back 11 May:

"To reverse the current rotation would require Georgia hosting Auburn in back-to-back years. With the league's schedule set through 2025, the earliest likely year the SEC would be able to do that would be 2027."

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/05/gus_malzahn_would_prefer_not_t.html#incart_river_index

What are they? ....robots?

Can they not use human logic and make an adjustment?  Sounds like my shipping department...

EDIT to add: Was the schedule adjustment to start this mess planned out 10 years in advance?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, DAG said:

The hard truth is we put ourselves in a bind when we loss to LSU. We had to be perfect from that point on. This other talk, although would be a nice alternative, is just a red herring to the biggie issue of it all.

“…For Gus Malzahn, these are the 10 games that might haunt him the most at Auburn as he moves into his sixth season…

NO. 3 — 2017: LSU 27, NO. 10 AUBURN 23…

It was as ugly of a game (and as predictable of play calling) you will see from Gus Malzahn.

It was also the largest comeback against an SEC team in Tiger Stadium history.”

https://auburn.247sports.com/ContentGallery/10-worst-games-of-the-Gus-Malzahn-era-at-Auburn-118251479/#118251479_1

9 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

so..."unset" the part of the schedule where UGA and AU play? 

? I don't know how to do that.

On 5/15/2018 at 11:25 AM, AUld fAUx@ said:

For my education

?wouldn't UA have to give up their annual UT game in this scenario?

Good point. I don't know.

But I'm OK with playing them on rotation if necessary.

On 5/15/2018 at 3:16 PM, keesler said:

I'm of your same mind set about this topic.  Every off-season since the expansion we see thread upon thread regarding AU's wish to go East - nothing ever comes of it, to my knowledge it's never even been on the table for a vote at the SEC meetings.  Now we want to move the UGA game earlier in our season to ease the burden of facing another season like last season.  

I'm simply curious to know what preparation and groundwork has been done by the AU Administration.  Have they petitioned the SEC office, specifically Sankey?  Is this on the agenda for discussion in this month's meetings?  What have we done in the area of proposing options to the overall SEC schedule for the future if we change divisions or move the UGA game?  

I'm just wondering is this whole discussion is an exercise in futility?  Because IF nothing has even been presented or discussed on the front end with AU's instigation, then nothing's going to hit the table in Destin in 2 weeks.

To be honest, pretty much every discussion here is an exercise in futility.

5 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

“…For Gus Malzahn, these are the 10 games that might haunt him the most at Auburn as he moves into his sixth season…

NO. 3 — 2017: LSU 27, NO. 10 AUBURN 23…

It was as ugly of a game (and as predictable of play calling) you will see from Gus Malzahn.

It was also the largest comeback against an SEC team in Tiger Stadium history.”

https://auburn.247sports.com/ContentGallery/10-worst-games-of-the-Gus-Malzahn-era-at-Auburn-118251479/#118251479_1

Damn, I wish I hadn't read that.

Everytime I remember 17 consecutive 1st down runs, my blood pressure spikes.  >:(

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

To be honest, pretty much every discussion here is an excercise in futility.

Message Boards are good exercise....

....in futility.

16 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Message Boards are good exercise....

....in futility.

Dude, my futilityceps are SWOLE. I tried to throw up 350 on the fail rack yesterday. That's 50 more than I was unsuccessfully attempting 2 weeks ago. Such a rapid lack of improvement is really encouraging. I can't begin to tell you how little this place has done for my physique. 

37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Dude, my futilityceps are SWOLE. I tried to throw up 350 on the fail rack yesterday. That's 50 more than I unsuccessfully attempting 2 weeks ago. Such a rapid lack of improvement is really encouraging. I can't begin to tell you how little this place has done for my physique. 

There's a successful blog/book/tour in here somewhere...

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Hah! Why bother, though? #futility

Yeah, I was jacked when I thought about it but then I thought, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

17 hours ago, homersapien said:

To be honest, pretty much every discussion here is an exercise in futility.

true....

However, Auburn can't just stick it's head in the sand.   If we don't strategically start addressing it for 2025 or ???, then it won't get changed.   

Just like when Dye got the bama game moved to a home-home series.  That didn't happen over the course of a couple of years.   I don't care if the first time is 2025 when  this gets 'evened out' and fixed so we are not at a disadvantage every frickin' year.   Just get it fixed.  History shows the current schedule was forged during simpler times with simpler issues. 

But it is short-sighted and irresponsible to ignore equitable scheduling during these more complex times of SEC championships and CFP.  

Not looking for a fight, but "these are the facts and they are indisputable."

21 hours ago, homersapien said:

Damn, I wish I hadn't read that.

Everytime I remember 17 consecutive 1st down runs, my blood pressure spikes.  >:(

I hope Gus does to LSU (and has the opportunity to do) what Meyer did to Georgia in the 2008 WLOCP.

When Gus truly has a game circled on his calendar, he's unstoppable (see LSU in 2014 and Arkansas in 2016).

29 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I hope Gus does to LSU (and has the opportunity to do) what Meyer did to Georgia in the 2008 WLOCP.

When Gus truly has a game circled on his calendar, he's unstoppable (see LSU in 2014 and Arkansas in 2016).

Well then, who's in charge of supplying his Sharpies?

They need to give him one EVERY week!

7 hours ago, AUwent said:

Considering what he's paid, there's no excuse for overlooking any game - much less LSU.

He'd better start circling all of them.

Um, Gus has had many, many games circled in which he was very stoppable, to the point of getting his ass absolutely whooped in a few cases. LOL. What an odd point to try to make. 

12 hours ago, homersapien said:

Considering what he's paid, there's no excuse for overlooking any game - much less LSU.

He'd better start circling all of them.

You need to start coming out to the football forums more often . 

20 hours ago, AUwent said:

Are you serious?

Averaging 4 losses a season (20 losses from 2014-2017), somebody better learn to treat every game with the same preparation, focus, and attention to detail.  Truly circling a few games here and there resulting in 4 L's a year won't cut it at $7mm/yr.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Are you serious?

Averaging 4 losses a season (20 losses from 2014-2017), somebody better learn to treat every game with the same preparation, focus, and attention to detail.  Truly circling a few games here and there resulting in 4 L's a year won't cut it at $7mm/yr.

I never said that he put that level of care into every game. I wish he did.

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

I never said that he put that level of care into every game. I wish he did.

I follow you.

I'll say this too...  Regardless if it was Job On The Line, or Contract, or if they simply pissed in his Cheerios, I can tell you 2 games for sure that he circled on that magic calendar.  thUga (1.0) & bammer this past year.

I feel like those games are truly in him.  Now, if he could bottle up that kind of focus for all 12-15 games per year....oh, the possibilities.

Now, for something you'll probably never see again.  I'm gonna pay saban a compliment and comparison.  One thing about him... He is laser focused and rarely let's off the gas, in terms of preparation.  THAT is something Gus could learn.  Opinion alert: I feel Gus loses focus, gets caught up in minutiae and let's his team go into some games not fully prepared.

Not meant to be negative. Just observation...

20 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I feel like those games are truly in him.  Now, if he could bottle up that kind of focus for all 12-15 games per year....oh, the possibilities.

This. They haven't been the exception, but they certainly haven't been the rule, either.

Now, for something you'll probably never see again.  I'm gonna pay saban a compliment and comparison.  One thing about him... He is laser focused and rarely let's off the gas, in terms of preparation.  THAT is something Gus could learn. 

This, again. 

31 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Opinion alert: I feel Gus loses focus, gets caught up in minutiae and let's his team go into some games not fully prepared.

Clemson 2016. Most blatant case of a coach letting the moment get too big for him I've ever seen in terms of an entire game. (...and not just for one moment in the game. See: Jax State playing for overtime against us. Still feel for him.) But not Gus's only example. May we continue the march towards zero. 

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

I follow you.

I'll say this too...  Regardless if it was Job On The Line, or Contract, or if they simply pissed in his Cheerios, I can tell you 2 games for sure that he circled on that magic calendar.  thUga (1.0) & bammer this past year.

Now, for something you'll probably never see again.  I'm gonna pay saban a compliment and comparison.  One thing about him... He is laser focused and rarely let's off the gas, in terms of preparation.  THAT is something Gus could learn.  Opinion alert: I feel Gus loses focus, gets caught up in minutiae and let's his team go into some games not fully prepared.

Not meant to be negative. Just observation...

NS is OCD.  People like that have very little emotional attachment and won't allow their feelings to get in the way of their regimented way of doing things.  Oh, and he brainwashes the whole team too.....literally brainwashed to the point of them being institutionalized.

When they get out and away from that structure, its a huge culture shock.  Some of their former players have said the NFL is a breeze compared to their day to day work habits and the schedule they had at uat.  

If common sense were to see the light of day, Auburn would move to the east and Mizzou to the west. This would solve so many issues. We keep the turds as our regular west game and then take on the east if fine fashion. If we were in the east, we would win 9-11 games year in and out.

It sure is sweet to win the toughest division this side of the NFL. Just do away with SEC championship game and we are the 2 seed and Bama stays home. It's practically more of a hindering thing than a good thing. 

On 5/18/2018 at 4:16 PM, keesler said:

NS is OCD.  People like that have very little emotional attachment and won't allow their feelings to get in the way of their regimented way of doing things.  Oh, and he brainwashes the whole team too.....literally brainwashed to the point of them being institutionalized.

When they get out and away from that structure, its a huge culture shock.  Some of their former players have said the NFL is a breeze compared to their day to day work habits and the schedule they had at uat.  

to be fair kevin greene said basically the same thing after going pro and having played for dye. he said pro ball was like a vacation compared to a dye coached practice.............i think i am close to his exact words.

and here is something i would like to know but i am bad at stats. what are our win loss record with the turds playing the iron bowl and what are they now with the true home and home games?

i do not miss the ironbowl gamed in the ham but i do miss calling the turds cowards for not playing us on our home field. but tennesse and some others did the same thing. we played tennessee in the ham as well. i am sure there were more.........

Archived