Staggering the uat, Georgia games

toddc

27 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

nope only two........ us and turds cause we beat uga twice....................we all know turds got to get in playoffs

It's established...bama gets a bye into the play-offs......the other three have to fight it out....

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

nope only two........ us and turds cause we beat uga twice....................we all know turds got to get in playoffs

Read it again. We'd all have 1 loss. Us to UGA, Bama to Us, and UGA to us

Was Gus complaining about the home and home last year? Doesn’t really look great when we are only complaining when the schedule isn’t favorable. 

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Was Gus complaining about the home and home last year? Doesn’t really look great when we are only complaining when the schedule isn’t favorable. 

This is the only time I can remember the subject getting this much mileage.  I don't know why we weren't discussing the hell out of it in '14/'15/'16 when we lost to both all 3 of those years?

It's a hot topic after last season and you can be assured the media & talking heads will pick it up this summer when they have nothing else to push out for consumption.  

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

So, if we lose to undefeated UGA, beat undefeated Bama, win the west, and beat undefeated UGA in the SECCG. Do all 3 make it to the playoffs?

Nope only us and Bama. UGA terrible OOC schedule and possibly the SEC eaststill not on par with other divisions would ruin them.

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

This is the only time I can remember the subject getting this much mileage.  I don't know why we weren't discussing the hell out of it in '14/'15/'16 when we lost to both all 3 of those years?

It's a hot topic after last season and you can be assured the media & talking heads will pick it up this summer when they have nothing else to push out for consumption.  

I think Gus is complaining now because he's got a defense and a quarterback and probably feels like he's got a legit chance to play both of those bastards on the road and then have to turn around and head to ATL the next week. That would be a first. We're in new territory every year and it will continue to be that way for awhile. 

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with Gus bringing it up. Are we so insecure that the optics- real or imagined- of Gus speaking out outweigh our team being at less of a competitive disadvantage? If he keeps beating that drum and we have an easier road to Atlanta- if that would, indeed, be the end result of altering the current setup- then yes please and thank you, Coach. 

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

So, if we lose to undefeated UGA, beat undefeated Bama, win the west, and beat undefeated UGA in the SECCG. Do all 3 make it to the playoffs?

If we took care of business against LSU, the turds don't make the playoff. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If we took care of business against LSU, the turds don't make the playoff. 

Such a shame our players didn't execute our bulletproof game plan in the 2nd half of that one.

It’s not going to get any easier. The bad thing is it will be an uphill battle. The good thing is the committee has shown that they are willing to give the SEC teams the benefit of a doubt more so than any other conference out there. Win the games you are SUPPOSE to win and you will always have a fighting chance even with a hiccup or two.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I think Gus is complaining now because he's got a defense and a quarterback and probably feels like he's got a legit chance to play both of those bastards on the road and then have to turn around and head to ATL the next week. That would be a first. We're in new territory every year and it will continue to be that way for awhile. 

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with Gus bringing it up. Are we so insecure that the optics- real or imagined- of Gus speaking out outweigh our team being at less of a competitive disadvantage? If he keeps beating that drum and we have an easier road to Atlanta- if that would, indeed, be the end result of altering the current setup- then yes please and thank you, Coach. 

I totally understand where you're coming from and I don't blame CGM for seeking out any advantage necessary to help his team reach their goals.

What I'd love to know, and no one on this board was able to answer me yesterday is what the Auburn Administration has done to insure the topic is on the table for discussion and a vote in the SEC meeting that will commence in 2 weeks? 

Gus can beat that drum till the cows come home, but if his superiors haven't stepped up within the last 6 months and put the wheels in motion, prepared a plan to present to the conference for a schedule change and implemented a strategic plan to sway our conference brothers, then the drum beating is a futile endeavor.  If our Administration hasn't made direct contact with the SEC office and Sankey specifically, then nothing will be accomplished and we'll all continue to be behind the eight ball in scheduling.  This issue needs to be put on the table at the meetings if there is any chance of getting it passed in the next 2 yrs.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s not going to get any easier. The bad thing is it will be an uphill battle. The good thing is the committee has shown that they are willing to give the SEC teams the benefit of a doubt more so than any other conference out there. Win the games you are SUPPOSE to win and you will always have a fighting chance even with a hiccup or two.

They catch a lot of flack for it but I like the committee tries to put in the best 4 regardless of a conf. champ or not even though it pisses some fans off.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

I totally understand where you're coming from and I don't blame CGM for seeking out any advantage necessary to help his team reach their goals.

What I'd love to know, and no one on this board was able to answer me yesterday is what the Auburn Administration has done to insure the topic is on the table for discussion and a vote in the SEC meeting that will commence in 2 weeks? 

Gus can beat that drum till the cows come home, but if his superiors haven't stepped up within the last 6 months and put the wheels in motion, prepared a plan to present to the conference for a schedule change and implemented a strategic plan to sway our conference brothers, then the drum beating is a futile endeavor.  If our Administration hasn't made direct contact with the SEC office and Sankey specifically, then nothing will be accomplished and we'll all continue to be behind the eight ball in scheduling.  This issue needs to be put on the table at the meetings if there is any chance of getting it passed in the next 2 yrs.

Great post. Totally agree. And 2nd paragraph of my prior post not directed at you, but just kinda ranting out loud. 

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with Gus bringing it up. Are we so insecure that the optics- real or imagined- of Gus speaking out outweigh our team being at less of a competitive disadvantage?

His opinion would hold more weight if he didn’t wait until every other year when tbe schedule was less than favorable. Be consistent with it, even when it’s our turn to host both at home. 

1 minute ago, keesler said:

There is nothing that can be done now. Schedules are set and no one outside of AU cares. This should have been stopped at the beginning. 

If AU wins them all (including the SECCG) except for one loss against either thUga or bammer, then AU's in the playoffs, so I just don't worry that much about it (even though I WOULD prefer the home/away aspect at least).

With that said, if they were to do that I'd still be pissed that they lost to either thUga or bammer and @Mikeywould have to interject and tell me how negative I'm being. :beer2:

....just kidding Mikey :big:

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

They catch a lot of flack for it but I like the committee tries to put in the best 4 regardless of a conf. champ or not even though it pisses some fans off.

Agree. I think they've more or less gotten it right, as much as it sucks for us. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Agree. I think they've more or less gotten it right, as much as it sucks for us. 

The hard truth is we put ourselves in a bind when we loss to LSU. We had to be perfect from that point on. This other talk, although would be a nice alternative, is just a red herring to the biggie issue of it all.

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Preach. I was saying the exact same thing when everybody else was proclaiming Bama didnt earn their trophy and that there should only be one possible contender from each and every conference. Auburn fans need to take the bitter medicine, hush with the UCF national champions crap, and not swat away the hand that can feed them. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

The hard truth is we put ourselves in a bind when we loss to LSU. We had to be perfect from that point on. This other talk, although would be a nice alternative, is just a red herring to the biggie issue of it all.

When the trains would go through Auburn at night, we'd sometimes step outside and toss our empties at them. I don't know why we did it and I'm not proud. Maybe it was like a more cathartic, drunk, irresponsible version of skipping rocks? Anyway, talking about that LSU loss feels kinda like that. Just throwing empty beer bottles at a train to watch and hear them shatter. Now there's just a lot of broken glass all over the place. Not gonna slow that train down one bit. And there will be another one tomorrow night. But we'll have more empty beer bottles tomorrow night, sooo...

Gus, don't ever- never ever ever- do that to us again. Please. 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Absolutely!  The SEC upgraded the coaching stock with the exception of the shrimp boat captain in Baton Rouge, and we still couldn't kick his ass last year with the most talented team we've had in yrs. :banghead:

7 minutes ago, keesler said:

Absolutely!  The SEC upgraded the coaching stock with the exception of the shrimp boat captain in Baton Rouge, and we still couldn't kick his ass last year with the most talented team we've had in yrs. :banghead:

Bingo. Brings me back to my point. Aggies, they will have much better coaching . People have them as a sleeper. I definitely think they will beat a team who is favored against them ( looking at you LSU). We don’t need to be that team. I think Jimbo will have to refine that culture down there and this year will be one of constructive learning. However, I expect them to be a true force in the near future. 

LSU will always be decent and always have talent . It is what it is. They have coaching issues and I believe they even take a step back in the offensive realm next year, going back to the same ole same. They come into JH next year as well. We should win this game. I don’t care if it is by 1 or 100, we just need to win.

Tennessee is another sleeper team on fans minds. I think they will be super discipline, especially on the defensive end. I also think they will be physical, but I think our horses will at last them. Another game we should win.

my question marks in this order: Washington, Bama and UGA. I am one of the few that things UGA takes a slight step back this year. Not because they aren’t talented but because they loss a solidify LB core and two studs at RB, which made a hefty difference. Doesn’t mean they won’t win the SEC east, but I do think they will meet increased resistance. 

All that being said, CGM should be expected to navigate this team to playoff contention. He has the talent , the support and the resources. I’ve seen enough articles this off season to support this. It is time to take that next step.

43 minutes ago, keesler said:

Might be moot for a bit? From (Mr. Crepea) back 11 May:

"To reverse the current rotation would require Georgia hosting Auburn in back-to-back years. With the league's schedule set through 2025, the earliest likely year the SEC would be able to do that would be 2027."

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/05/gus_malzahn_would_prefer_not_t.html#incart_river_index

9 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

To reverse the current rotation would require Georgia hosting Auburn in back-to-back years. With the league's schedule set through 2025,

Would be well worth it.

11 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Might be moot for a bit? From (Mr. Crepea) back 11 May:

"To reverse the current rotation would require Georgia hosting Auburn in back-to-back years. With the league's schedule set through 2025, the earliest likely year the SEC would be able to do that would be 2027."

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/05/gus_malzahn_would_prefer_not_t.html#incart_river_index

so..."unset" the part of the schedule where UGA and AU play? 

Archived