A must read from Bamamag...

DKW 86

And total yards is fine. Total yards, top 4 receivers.

Agreed.

152360[/snapback]

You just got suckered.

152650[/snapback]

Maybe so, but it will make for an interesting season.

152685[/snapback]

Why again don't RBs count in this wager? What happens when we line up 5 wide with Carl Stewart and Tre Smith split as wideouts? They run passing routes, why aren't they receivers?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tigrinum Major
And total yards is fine. Total yards, top 4 receivers.

Agreed.

152360[/snapback]

You just got suckered.

152650[/snapback]

Maybe so, but it will make for an interesting season.

152685[/snapback]

Why again don't RBs count in this wager? What happens when we line up 5 wide with Carl Stewart and Tre Smith split as wideouts? They run passing routes, why aren't they receivers?

152694[/snapback]

The "argument" was who had the better receivers, ie, in a traditional sense. Running backs, H backs, etc. receiving yards are an indication of an overall better passing game, not receiving corps.

Now, if only uat had a qb that could actually throw the football! :lol::lol::lol:

LOL you guys amaze me  :D

152778[/snapback]

Clifton Robinson anybody?  :moon:

152779[/snapback]

You amaze me...you come on the board and feel like you have to reply to every single thread related to bama.

Its ok buddy, deep breaths! :big:

152778[/snapback]

Actually, these were just the ones I saw first. I have replied to other threads.

Nice try though. :)

152778[/snapback]

Actually, these were just the ones I saw first. I have replied to other threads.

Nice try though. :)

152788[/snapback]

Oh really, with a post count of 4 after the time you posted all your replies...I find that hard to believe.

Nice try! :lol::no::poke:

One stat that auburn will have more of than bama = total wins. :lol:

152818[/snapback]

I hope you are just talking about this year?

152818[/snapback]

152830[/snapback]

No bud next year we will have more wins than yall.

152818[/snapback]

152830[/snapback]

No bud next year we will have more wins than yall.

152873[/snapback]

OK good. I thought you might have been referring to all time.

But yes, you guys had more wins than us this year. Good job. :)

And anyone who argues that their receivers and running backs are the best in the SEC are ignorant!! OMG! I have a friend that tells me this stuff, I just laugh. Courtney Taylor owns all of Bammer's wide receivers by himself, not to mention Obomanue, Aromoshadue, Mix, Wallace... and a couple of others.

151980[/snapback]

Not to nitpick or thread hijack...but there are many people outside of the Alabama camp who would say that you are wrong about receivers. There's not a player on your team I would take for Tyrone Prothro, except for maybe McClover.

We dont know what our RB situation will be because we dont know how darby's rehab will go.

152109[/snapback]

You would take a 5'8"/176# receiver over anyone on our team except McClover?

Ludicrous. :no:

152113[/snapback]

did you miss the iron bowl last year?

152118[/snapback]

I saw it and Prothro was basically a no-show, non-factor, what ever you would like to call it. Here's his stats to prove it:

Receiving:

4/42yds, 0 TDs, 39 of those y42 yards came in the final 4 minutes of the game while Tubby played prevent with a 21-6 lead. Stellar performance... :blink:

Rushing:

2/3yds 1 fumble, 0 TDs. Heisman Type numbers, if you're a Bama Kool-Aid drinker that is... :rolleyes:

Punt returns:

2/65yds, 0 TDs. Nice stats, too bad they all happened in the 1st quarter... We still play 4 quarters right??? 1 nice punt return, result 3 pts in the 1st quarter. Another bama moral victory.... :cheer:

Kickoff Returns:

2/39yds, 0 TDs. Can't blame the guy here, must have gotten tired after AU scored at will in the second half... :big:

Bottom line: You can take that midget that did not score in last years Iron Bowl. I’ll take Courtney Taylor: 4/89yds/1 TD who put up numbers when it counted and even scored a TD to help his team WIN (no moral victory/win) the game. Do bammers actually think that nobody archives the stats from past games??? Sometimes I think so after reading Bammer revisionist history threads... :blink:

Didnt Courtney Taylor get like 50 yards and a TD one ONE play? So because our safety was out of position, on a busted 3rd and 15 he caught a bomb (where all he had to do was run straight)...and the rest of the game he had some 35 yards receiving...wow. Im amazed.

My point from Tyrone's performance was not only was he a pretty good receiver...he constantly left AU's special teams player's jocks all over the field on kick returns.

"So, because our safety was out of position on a busted 3rd and 15..."

WTF :blink:

You guys have an excuse for EVERYTHING. I recall you busting on Devin A's athletic catch by saying your corner was TOO SHORT. We get it already. You had injuries, your players were out of position and your corners were too short. If it wasn't for those minor details, Bama would have been 11-0. Sheesh.

No, Devin's catch was awesome. Actually i dont know if the catch was awesome or the past was just THAT perfect. Madison had great great coverage on him...and he can jump. So him being short wasnt the point right there. Devin looked back for the ball at the perfect time, and it was laid right in there.

And anyone who argues that their receivers and running backs are the best in the SEC are ignorant!! OMG! I have a friend that tells me this stuff, I just laugh. Courtney Taylor owns all of Bammer's wide receivers by himself, not to mention Obomanue, Aromoshadue, Mix, Wallace... and a couple of others.

151980[/snapback]

Not to nitpick or thread hijack...but there are many people outside of the Alabama camp who would say that you are wrong about receivers. There's not a player on your team I would take for Tyrone Prothro, except for maybe McClover.

We dont know what our RB situation will be because we dont know how darby's rehab will go.

152109[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That guy wouldnt even start on auburn's team...he would be the smallest guy on there, except for our damn kicker.

Do I need to shove a dose of reality somewhere? Because that statement was WAAAAY out there. I personally think Alabama's receivers rate to the middle-last in the SEC in how good they are.

Lets see:

Ben Obomanu

Courtney Taylor

Anthony Mix (this guy is two times the weight of mr. Protho, probably the same speed as well)

These three guys could replace any receiver on your team in a heartbeat.

Dont look like a fool, please.

By the way, we all saw the bama game. We saw a CRAPPY coaching staff unable to score tds in about a billion times inside the 20 in the first half. I saw a fanbase actually thinking they won the game after the 2nd quarter. I still hear today " we kept those aubies for a whole half!!"....

Hey how about this one, beat a ranked opponent other than Southern Miss....Then maybe you can "compare" players.

152322[/snapback]

Sorry...hate to see an AU brother be wrong :no: ...but I watched that kid play for Heflin for 3 years, and he is a heck of a football player...wanted to come to AU and UNFORUNATELY, we didn't offer him. Imagine if we had him TOO!

:au::homer:

Didnt Courtney Taylor get like 50 yards and a TD one ONE play? So because our safety was out of position, on a busted 3rd and 15 he caught a bomb (where all he had to do was run straight)...and the rest of the game he had some 35 yards receiving...wow. Im amazed.

My point from Tyrone's performance was not only was he a pretty good receiver...he constantly left AU's special teams player's jocks all over the field on kick returns.

153005[/snapback]

Freakin' hilarious...

Play: AU TD, Bammer translation: We were out of position... :roflol::roflol::roflol:

Play: UAT 40yd punt return (0 TD), Bammer translation: UAT player is schooling AU player... :roflol::roflol::roflol: I’m sure that we could have made the tackle for a max 10 yard return IF our player’s were in position to make the play…

IF Bamma had of scored more points than we did in each of the last 3 Iron Bowls, they would have won the games. Funny how that works huh???If, If, If... :rolleyes:

That Kool-Aid MUST be at least 100 proof :roflol:

Archived