A must read from Bamamag...

DKW 86

dudes/dudettes? can't we just all get along?

HECK NO! :o

that's why i love this rivalry!

WDE!

BEAT BAMA!

p.s.

prothro is a baller, but after what CTaylor did for us last year............?? i love that guy.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The talent level at Auburn is far better than uat. At lb & db-safety, AU has better talent. Let there be no doubt. THAT is what the NCAA intended and THAT is what they-uat got! :D

He reminds me of David Palmer....only sober:big:

152149[/snapback]

Now THAT is funny.

David, you wouldnt want Freddie Roach, Demeco Ryans, Mark Anderson, Roman Harper, or Charlie Peprah?

You got guys battling for secondary positions who dont have any experience...and you wouldnt want an all sec safety? An all american LB?

152168[/snapback]

Maybe Peprah. I think we are pretty good "potentially" there at DB for now. We will have 5 games to get settled next year. As for LBers, it would be about an even swap either way. Peprah has that intangible gamer ability, but sometimes it is not there. It isnt really consistent.

With Prothro, I fear it is there and very consistent.

Prothro and McClover are my picks for break out :ua: and :au: players next year.

Prothro is very good, but looks better because he is just about it. Had Au only had Taylor with nobody else to catch the ball he would have set some records. Taylor will play on Sundays, Prothro maybe.

And anyone who argues that their receivers and running backs are the best in the SEC are ignorant!! OMG! I have a friend that tells me this stuff, I just laugh. Courtney Taylor owns all of Bammer's wide receivers by himself, not to mention Obomanue, Aromoshadue, Mix, Wallace... and a couple of others.

151980[/snapback]

Not to nitpick or thread hijack...but there are many people outside of the Alabama camp who would say that you are wrong about receivers. There's not a player on your team I would take for Tyrone Prothro, except for maybe McClover.

We dont know what our RB situation will be because we dont know how darby's rehab will go.

152109[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That guy wouldnt even start on auburn's team...he would be the smallest guy on there, except for our damn kicker.

Do I need to shove a dose of reality somewhere? Because that statement was WAAAAY out there. I personally think Alabama's receivers rate to the middle-last in the SEC in how good they are.

Lets see:

Ben Obomanu

Courtney Taylor

Anthony Mix (this guy is two times the weight of mr. Protho, probably the same speed as well)

These three guys could replace any receiver on your team in a heartbeat.

Dont look like a fool, please.

By the way, we all saw the bama game. We saw a CRAPPY coaching staff unable to score tds in about a billion times inside the 20 in the first half. I saw a fanbase actually thinking they won the game after the 2nd quarter. I still hear today " we kept those aubies for a whole half!!"....

Hey how about this one, beat a ranked opponent other than Southern Miss....Then maybe you can "compare" players.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That guy wouldnt even start on auburn's team...he would be the smallest guy on there, except for our damn kicker. 

Do I need to shove a dose of reality somewhere?  Because that statement was WAAAAY out there.  I personally think Alabama's receivers rate to the middle-last in the SEC in how good they are. 

Lets see:

Ben Obomanu

Courtney Taylor

Anthony Mix (this guy is two times the weight of mr. Protho, probably the same speed as well)

By the way, we all saw the bama game.  We saw a CRAPPY coaching staff unable to score tds in about a billion times inside the 20 in the first half.  I saw a fanbase actually thinking they won the game after the 2nd quarter.  I still hear today " we kept those aubies for a whole half!!"....

Hey how about this one, beat a ranked opponent other than Southern Miss....Then maybe you can "compare" players.

152322[/snapback]

Prothro is a legit threat at any moment on the field. I have a feeling that regardless of his size, he'd find his way into the starting rotation on AUs WR corps. Size doesn't matter, playing ability does and Prothro has the ability to turn any pass into a big gainer with his quickness.

Ask Derrick Mason, formerly of the Tennessee Titans. He's only 5' 8"-5' 10", 185 lbs. , but he's been one of the leading receivers in the NFL in terms of yardage and receptions the past two years and has gone over 1000 yds receiving the last four years in a row (the year before that, he had 895 yds).

Vatz, since im so obviously ignorant about receiver skill...car to make a sig pic wager?

I'll say, by the end of the regular season, Bama's top 4 receivers will be better than AU's statistically. If not, I'll put an AU pic in my sig. If they are, you can put a UA pic in yours...hows that?

Guest Tigrinum Major
Vatz, since im so obviously ignorant about receiver skill...car to make a sig pic wager?

I'll say, by the end of the regular season, Bama's top 4 receivers will be better than AU's statistically. If not, I'll put an AU pic in my sig. If they are, you can put a UA pic in yours...hows that?

152330[/snapback]

Can I get a piece of this action?

Guest Tigrinum Major
Sure

I'll put an AU pic in my sig for 1 month. AU pic of yalls choice...not anti bama btw.

152332[/snapback]

I'm in. Just to be clear, are we talking specific players? Or just whoever ends up top four receivers? For example, do I have D.A., B.O., C.T. and A.M. or do I have whoever ends up top four in receiving yards? I guess you have Prothro, Knight, and remind me who plays for Alabama again...

Also, wager ends at the end of the regular season, correct? Since we will get that extra game in Atlanta, that's only fair.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I say just the top 4 at season's end. That way if somebody gets hurt or whatever...it wont matter. And yeah regular season.

152336[/snapback]

Ok, fine by me. Two more things - running backs count and total yards is the measuring stick.

Shake?

Guest Tigrinum Major
i dont think RBs should count. The argument was best receivers...not best passing game.

I think TDs should factor as well. Somehow.

152338[/snapback]

Ok, running backs don't count. I don't think it will matter.

You gotta pick one stat and go with it or come up with some formula.

How about Total Yards/Receptions + TDs - Dropped Passes + Passes Tipped Away From Defenders That Had A Clear Interception - Busted Routes + Passes Caught That Won Games or Kept Drives Alive on 4th Down - Incidents Involving Uga + 10 Bonus Points for Any Pass Caught in The Auburn-Alabama Game?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Do I need to shove a dose of reality somewhere?  Because that statement was WAAAAY out there.  I personally think Alabama's receivers rate to the middle-last in the SEC in how good they are. 

Lets see:

Ben Obomanu

Courtney Taylor

By the way, we all saw the bama game.  We saw a CRAPPY coaching staff unable to score tds in about a billion times inside the 20 in the first half.  I saw a fanbase actually thinking they won the game after the 2nd quarter.  I still hear today " we kept those aubies for a whole half!!"....

152322[/snapback]

Prothro is a legit threat at any moment on the field. I have a feeling that regardless of his size, he'd find his way into the starting rotation on AUs WR corps. Size doesn't matter, playing ability does and Prothro has the ability to turn any pass into a big gainer with his quickness.

Ask Derrick Mason, formerly of the Tennessee Titans. He's only 5' 8"-5' 10", 185 lbs. , but he's been one of the leading receivers in the NFL in terms of yardage and receptions the past two years and has gone over 1000 yds receiving the last four years in a row (the year before that, he had 895 yds).

152325[/snapback]

That being said, I still think the three receivers I named would start over this player....based on experience as well.

BG, we have a totally new qb, I would take that waiver at any time last year or the year before, but Cox vs Croyle is almost unfair in a way. Croyle is an experienced qb.

How about top 2 receivers?

I say just the top 4 at season's end. That way if somebody gets hurt or whatever...it wont matter. And yeah regular season.

152336[/snapback]

Ok, fine by me. Two more things - running backs count and total yards is the measuring stick.

Shake?

152337[/snapback]

None of my business but be careful.......if you base the bet on "statistics", i.e. total number of catches, TD passes caught, yardage, etc., you are likely to lose. Why? because if bama doesn't come thru with a running game, Croyle will do little but pass and the bama receivers will hence have better statistics. Does this mean they are better? Nope, just proves statistics are for losers :D

BG, we have a totally new qb, I would take that waiver at any time last year or the year before, but Cox vs Croyle is almost unfair in a way. Croyle is an experienced qb.

Well now...we arrive at my point to begin with. You wanna dog our corps (and praise yours) based on last years performances...but we had spencer pennington under center. Now, the shoe is on the other foot...and its okay? I dont think so. Its either in BOTH scenarios or neither.

Top two wouldnt be fair because bama is 6 deep at WR.

And total yards is fine. Total yards, top 4 receivers.

Well now...we arrive at my point to begin with. You wanna dog our corps (and praise yours) based on last years performances...but we had spencer pennington under center. Now, the shoe is on the other foot...and its okay? I dont think so. Its either in BOTH scenarios or neither.

Top two wouldnt be fair because bama is 6 deep at WR.

152358[/snapback]

Give me a break...I think the talent level of the receivers I named would be better than the talent level of any 3 receivers on your team that you would name. A group of 3 would be better than your group of 3.

I see your point though and it is taken. Its a fair assesment, y'all had crappy pennington, we had campbell. Point heard.

I'll take the waiver, but heres what I want to waiver. At the end of the season, which ever receiving corp. has better statistics (average wise) will be the winner. Im not counting rbs, or TEs.....im just counting receivers.

I just kiss the ground and thank the Lord that Shane and Phyllis are UAT fans. Don't you know the Bammer fans that actually graduated (HS) shudder when they hear them ranting and raving about how the tide will rise again.

BammaGrad, in all fairness lets compare receivers after they are drafted, if at all, by the NFL. Thats the only stat that counts. As a group, this years AU receivers will be hard to beat if we are looking at who shows in the pros.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Agreed.

152360[/snapback]

You just got suckered.

152650[/snapback]

Maybe so, but it will make for an interesting season.

Archived