2. Alabama ;)

3. Auburn :blink:

4. Arkansas

5. Ole Miss

6. Miss State

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it! NO respect...none! This team will use that as motivation just as the '04 team did. (Anyone that thinks uat is close to competing in the SEC has NO knowledge of Football...none.) :au:

Kentucky is looking for a Cutler at quarterback (desperately hoping top recruit Curtis Pulley can come through) to go along with a team full of veterans. The problem is the division. The East is far better than the West making life harder for these two downtrodden programs to make too much noise.

Here we go again. How do people come to that undeniable conclusion that the East is FAR BETTER than the West? Where does that come from? I guess we have the state of Mississippi to thank for that or what?

AU 3 in a row over UT, right?

Ole Miss 2 in a row over UF, right?

LSU is 2-1 over UGA in the past 2 years, right?

The last two SEC champions were from the West, no?

He's talking about the future and I agree.

Florida will be dominant with Urban Meyer

Tennessee, the returning SEC East Champs, will be even stronger

South Carolina has Spurrier, which will make them better

Georgia is Georgia

The west has a new coached LSU team, but with great talent.

Auburn is losing it's best team it's ever had and will be good to great.

Alabama will be good next year.

Ole Miss, State, Arky... lol

The east is going to be better than the west next year

I agree that the East will be stronger than the West in '05. The West has ole miss, msu, and uat draggin' us down. :au:

Sorry, guys, but outside of UT, I don't see any East teams that will be able to hang with either LSU or AU.

Forget Bama, with that porous O-line Croyle will be lucky to make it through a half dozen games..... and without Croyle, even the most devout of Bear worshipers will admit their goose is cooked.

Georgia has the talent, but the loss of Vangorger will affect the dawg D more than Chizik's loss at AU will affect it's D. The east will come down to the UT-UGA game.

Spurrier has nothing in the cupboard - no offense, I like the Gamecocks - but the challenge of recruiting solidly at USC is immense, even for someone with Spurrier's credentials. USC will remain an eastern 2nd tier for at least the next 3-4 years.

Urban Meyer? CUM? Just what the heck has he proven other than the fact he can't even remember the names of his current players? Way too many people are putting way too many expectations on a johnny-come-lately from the freakin' Mountain West Conference! Are you jerkin' me??? Meyer is about to find out if his offense will need to drastically change if he wants to succeed in a conference known for it's prowess with the 4-3.

The winner will once again come from the west. WDE.

travsackLSU.jpg

I agree that the East will be stronger than the West in '05. The West has ole miss, msu, and uat draggin' us down. :au:

152172[/snapback]

lol...ole piss, bama, and msu have been draggin us down for a couple of years now.....Too bad those teams cant be as good as...lets say...AUBURN...muahaha :au::big::au:

honestly it depends on how you look at it. the worst team in the west last year (msu) finished with a better record than kentucky or vandy so we're clearly better at the bottom. we're clearly better at the top of the top since we've won two in a row. and i'd take the east in the middle with florida over say bama and a draw between arkansas and south carolina. the west is a stronger division top to bottom, but i do think the east has more potential sec champs since the west only goes two teams deep in that category.

i'm with tim on this one. i'm happy folks are putting bama over us. i'm happy usc is going to start the year as the unquestioned number one. i'm happy we'll be looking up in the rankings at ut and lsu (maybe even to uf who has a gimmick offense just like the one zook brought in from marshall). it will fuel this team, and i can't wait to see them respond.

Who is going to be better next year.....East or West?

Answer: No one has a damn clue

Every year it seems the team destined to finish 2nd or 3rd becomes a power and wins the SEC.

UGA was supposed to finish 3rd in the East in 2002....In 2003, LSU was picked to finish 2nd in some....even 3th and 4th in other Pre-Season polls in the WEST!.....Auburn last year was 2nd in just about every poll except Steele who has you 3rd....

East has too many questions to say how strong we will be.....UF could be Top 5 in the entire country, imo.....UT could be the same....UGA could be a Top 10 team.....USC could be a Top 25 team....

THEN AGAIN

UF could lose 4 games with their defense, UT could just suck with them being the media darlings, UGA could lose 2-3 games without their stars, and USC could be USC as their entire history shows.

How I see it. If Bama wins the west with 5 losses in the SEC, then the SEC WEST will suck big time.

2005 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

9-3-05 MIDDLE TENNESSEE Win

9-10-05 SOUTHERN MISS Win

9-17-05 at South Carolina Loss

9-24-05 ARKANSAS Toss up

10-1-05 FLORIDA Loss

10-15-05 at Mississippi Win

10-22-05 TENNESSEE Loss

10-29-05 UTAH STATE Win

11-5-05 at Mississippi State Toss up

11-12-05 LOUISIANA STATE Loss

11-19-05 at Auburn Loss

Neither Tennessee nor Florida had any defense last year... Why does everyone think they will this year with Tennessee losing Burnett and Allen and Florida losing Crowder. Both teams are going to be very dependent on a young secondary again. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I believe the winner of the West goes the the Sugar Bowl.

jason allen's back i'm pretty sure. and with florida, crowder missed like 4 or 5 games last year. they had a solid linebacking corp (all young guys) without him, and i think most folks expect them to progress. both team's defense should be better b/c they didn't lose guys in bulk.

Who is going to be better next year.....East or West?

Answer: No one has a damn clue

Every year it seems the team destined to finish 2nd or 3rd becomes a power and wins the SEC.

UGA was supposed to finish 3rd in the East in 2002....In 2003, LSU was picked to finish 2nd in some....even 3th and 4th in other Pre-Season polls in the WEST!.....Auburn last year was 2nd in just about every poll except Steele who has you 3rd....

East has too many questions to say how strong we will be.....UF could be Top 5 in the entire country, imo.....UT could be the same....UGA could be a Top 10 team.....USC could be a Top 25 team....

THEN AGAIN

UF could lose 4 games with their defense, UT could just suck with them being the media darlings, UGA could lose 2-3 games without their stars, and USC could be USC as their entire history shows.

152242[/snapback]

That is one of the most intelligent posts I have ever read on any board...

How I see it.  If Bama wins the west with 5 losses in the SEC, then the SEC WEST will suck big time.

2005 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

9-3-05 MIDDLE TENNESSEE  Win

9-10-05 SOUTHERN MISS    Win

9-17-05 at South Carolina    Loss

9-24-05 ARKANSAS      Toss up

10-1-05 FLORIDA      Loss

10-15-05 at Mississippi  Win

10-22-05 TENNESSEE      Loss

10-29-05 UTAH STATE      Win

11-5-05 at Mississippi State  Toss up

11-12-05 LOUISIANA STATE  Loss

11-19-05 at Auburn        Loss

152254[/snapback]

Middle Tennessee --Toss up

Southern Miss --Toss up

USC --Win

Arkansas --Win

Florida --Loss

Mississippi --Win

UT --Loss

Utah State --Win

MSU --Win

LSU --Loss

Auburn --Loss

Bama will have to REALLY impress me to have better than a 4-4 record in the SEC. I know of only ONE game they BETTER not win!! Don't count out Middle Tennessee or USM either. (If they lose to MidTenn, expect all HELL to break loose.)

I love the line that says, "whoever wins the SEC will really have to earn it". As if we DIDN'T earn it last year!!!??? What a maroon (Bugs Bunny)!!!

:au::homer:

I have uat going 7-4 this year. I think they beat USC this year, lose to UF, LSU, UT, and AU.

And yeah, Auburn was pretty much given the SEC Championship. They played a DivIAA team and the SEC was just down altogether...come on people, don't you read the newspapers?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why is it people pick southern miss as a TOSS UP every time they play us? Theyve beaten us TWICE...in history. We beat them last year bad...and the year before with AVALOS at QB.

MTSU? Gimme a break.

As far as the east/west goes...i have no clue. This year is wide open. I think UF will be better than people think...and USC worse.

Guest Tigrinum Major
As far as the east/west goes...i have no clue. This year is wide open. I think UF will be better than people think...and USC worse.

152335[/snapback]

I agree. Spurrier doesn't have the talent at USC that he had at Florida. And he is losing more and more of it as the days go by...

I agree with BG, Bama hardly gets beat by USM but it is normally a good game sometimes real close. If Bama lost to MTSU, there would be a meltdown all across the state and some major partying in Murfreesboro. I noticed that the four games that everyone is predicting Bama to lose are all teams with better overall talent and have depth(UF,UT,LSU,AU). So that means if Shula is going to get a "signature" win then he is going to have to outcoach one of those four teams, can he do it BG?

Slug, i dont think he has to "outcoach" to win those..I think it depends on the injury bug. When brodie is out there, our team has lots of swagger. And i think our starters can hang with anyone. And our backups are better than they have been now that we are getting more schollies to give out...

Hell i think Shula even coaches better when brodie is playing.

do you really think that bammer's starters can hang with anyone? i have to disagree. Yeah i do feel that bammer will have a better year than last year but they certainly won't be anything other than a small speedbump for UT, UF, LSU, AU. With or without the "savior of alabama football" (brodie croyle) bammer's still not that good.

do you really think that bammer's starters can hang with anyone? i have to disagree. Yeah i do feel that bammer will have a better year than last year but they certainly won't be anything other than a small speedbump for UT, UF, LSU, AU. With or without the "savior of alabama football" (brodie croyle) bammer's still not that good.

152365[/snapback]

I don't know about that. Just imagine how much closer this past Iron Bowl would've been if uat had an ounce of a passing game. uat will be better this year, no doubt.

Nevertheless, here's the formula I've come with when predicting how uat will do: take whatever BS says and knock off about 2 wins. It works the majority of the time. :big::poke:

Why is it people pick southern miss as a TOSS UP every time they play us? Theyve beaten us TWICE...in history. We beat them last year bad...and the year before with AVALOS at QB.

MTSU? Gimme a break.

152335[/snapback]

I can see why people would think a team like Southern Miss could beat Alabama. Northern Ill. did it 2 years ago and last time you played MTSU...you won 39-34....not exactly a blowout. 2001 saw you beat a 2-win Vandy team by just 3 points. Coming from Louisiana....all my Tech fans dont let me forget about the '99 LA Tech game.

I think Alabama has Georgia disease....or maybe UGA has Bama disease.

UGA plays bad teams closely.....Marshall last year...UAB the previous year....we do it too.

Not a bash at Bama at all.

Bama has a history of playing down to lesser opponents...combined with them playing out of their minds (opponents i mean).

But southern miss isnt one of those teams. I think its because we KNOW they give everyone a tough game.

We lose to those decent mid major teams that we dont see very often (see n illinois)

Archived