Predicted SEC Finish

DKW 86

uat SHOULD win both the MTSU & So. Miss games. BUT, the fact that the outcome is even in question speaks volumes about just how far the uat "program" has fallen.

If uat has yet another non-winning season, I would not be shocked. :au:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tigrinum Major
If uat has yet another non-winning season, I would not be shocked. :au:

152394[/snapback]

If that happens, I'm throwing a party....

I don't know about that.  Just imagine how much closer this past Iron Bowl would've been if uat had an ounce of a passing game.

152371[/snapback]

Just imagine what the Iron Bowl would've been if Auburn actually had the offense clicking in the first half like it did the 2nd half.

You can say that with either side :)

I don't know about that.  Just imagine how much closer this past Iron Bowl would've been if uat had an ounce of a passing game.

152371[/snapback]

Just imagine what the Iron Bowl would've been if Auburn actually had the offense clicking in the first half like it did the 2nd half.

152416[/snapback]

Yeah, our defense had nothing to do with it. Alabama was LUCKY to be in every single game last year in the 4th Q....maybe AU was the ONLY aberration...whatever.

Guest Tigrinum Major

152371[/snapback]

152416[/snapback]

That's like saying, "Just imagine how close the Iron Bowl would have been if Alabama didn't suck!."

152371[/snapback]

152416[/snapback]

Yeah, our defense had nothing to do with it. Alabama was LUCKY to be in every single game last year in the 4th Q....maybe AU was the ONLY aberration...whatever.

152418[/snapback]

Ya, our defense had nothing to do with all those redzone stops too.... ;)

am i on crazy pills or was the passing game not the only thing that DID work for bama offensively. seriously, pennington played the game of his life. although i recognize the talent discrepancy on a normal day, i honestly don't believe any qb could've outperformed him that day. he had like 250 yards passing if i'm remembering correctly.

am i on crazy pills or was the passing game not the only thing that DID work for bama offensively. seriously, pennington played the game of his life. although i recognize the talent discrepancy on a normal day, i honestly don't believe any qb could've outperformed him that day. he had like 250 yards passing if i'm remembering correctly.

152473[/snapback]

Definitely disagree. The uat running game was completely shut down (50 net rushing yards on the day)...so passing the ball was all they did. Brodie is way better than Pennington. Pennington went 17/30, 226yds, 1 TD, 1 INT. Not the greatest numbers and I remember him missing A TON of open receivers. Credit our defense for most of that. In all honesty, both teams played horrible games (Game Stats) that day...not a very entertaining Iron Bowl (we only had 74 rushing yards and 224 passing yards :o ). But we won our THIRD STRAIGHT IRON BOWL and that's all that matters. :thumbsup:

I don't know, now that I think about it, even if Brodie was in the game, we still would've shut the running game down, making them one-dimensional. IE, we still would've won the game even with Brodie playing.

But if uat is more balanced this year, watch out. I think they might surprise some people if they stay injury-free...still sticking with the 7-4 prediction.

if we stay injury free is funny. we can't shake this two year injury bug that is just killing us.

we will see if darby recovers from surgery...and if brodie's new knee is better than the original.

Those are some iffy IFs there BG, I agree though. For Bama to really make a move in the SEC they have to be healthy across the board for most of the season. But if Brodie goes down again or Darybe can't play and the team does not have have a winning record; what will happen to Shula?

But if Brodie goes down again or Darybe can't play and the team does not have have a winning record; what will happen to Shula?

152552[/snapback]

Not to speak for BS, but I don't think anything will happen to Shula if uat has another non-winning season. Shula can't physically prevent the injuries to his players. Shula had nothing to do with the NCAA violations. Shula will stay put, I hope. :big:

Yeah, similar to last year...NO team should be expected to compete in the sec while playing with 3rd string qb, rb, fb etc.

These arent conditioning injuries either. If you saw the shot Hudson (and castille) took to the knee...you know what im talkin bout. :)

Yeah, similar to last year...NO team should be expected to compete in the sec while playing with 3rd string qb, rb, fb etc.

These arent conditioning injuries either. If you saw the shot Hudson (and castille) took to the knee...you know what im talkin bout. :)

152557[/snapback]

Im tired of bama fans complaining about injuries. Yall just suck, you cant blame every loss on injuries. Its not our fault that your players get injured. Thats just how it goes. :au:

152557[/snapback]

Im tired of bama fans complaining about injuries. Yall just suck, you cant blame every loss on injuries. Its not our fault that your players get injured. Thats just how it goes. :au:

152566[/snapback]

VERY well said. :D

152557[/snapback]

152566[/snapback]

Yeah you are right. I dont know what i was thinking. Then again, that's easy for you to say...considering AU didnt have ANY major injuries last year...except for the one LB who missed a couple of games.

Im sure AU would have been 13-0 without JCampbell, Brandon Cox, Ronnie Brown, Carnell Williams, Jake Slaughter.

Who said it was AU's fault anyway?

Even to the average observer, it is plainly obvious that bama has dealt with FAR MORE key injuries over the last 2 years than normal.

We all saw what happened when Cox went in the Arkansas game...just think if in the middle of your SEC schedule, Cam and Cox went down.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Point taken, BG. However, last season is done and yes, I know that Darby is hurt and I know that depth is off because of the sanctions...yadda, yadda, freakin' yadda.

I think what everyone is trying to say is that you don't have to add that caveat to your posts all the time. You could have competed for the West last year, IF...Hell, Vandy could compete IF they didn't have to recruit athletes that score above a 30 on their ACT.

We know, we know, Bama will compete for the MNC next year, IF they stay injury free, which could be said for about 20 other teams. It is becoming inferred or implied (I forget which) everytime Bama football comes up in a post from you. How about is we all just agree that the injury excuse, or fact, if you prefer, will be included in every one of your posts without you actually having to say it?

Point taken, BG.  However, last season is done and yes, I know that Darby is hurt and I know that depth is off because of the sanctions...yadda, yadda, freakin' yadda. 

I think what everyone is trying to say is that you don't have to add that caveat to your posts all the time.  You could have competed for the West last year, IF...Hell, Vandy could compete IF they didn't have to recruit athletes that score above a 30 on their ACT. 

We know, we know, Bama will compete for the MNC next year, IF they stay injury free, which could be said for about 20 other teams.  It is becoming inferred or implied (I forget which) everytime Bama football comes up in a post from you.  How about is we all just agree that the injury excuse, or fact, if you prefer, will be included in every one of your posts without you actually having to say it?

152583[/snapback]

Thats exactly what my point was.

Because my caveat had distinct validity in regards to our plight over the last 2 seasons. When someone suggested bama may be strong this year...all i infered was...yeah maybe, if this UNUSUALLY LARGE number of injuries doesnt plague us again. I was referring to the fact that you cant name another d1 program that has sustained major injuries like we have over the last two years...and that if this aberration continues, we wont compete for anything.

But what pisses you off, like every other AU fan i know, is that it makes you downright FURIOUS that Bama fans dont BELIEVE that Shula is the reason we have had a poor record over the last two years. And that if we played next season with a true freshman 3rd QB, RB, FB, LB, OL, OL...THAT wouldnt be why we lost...its ONLY attributable to the fact that our coach sucks.

You think its unreasonable that we bring up injuries...i think its unreasonable that you guys say that they are "excuses"...and that if shula wasnt such a bad coach, we'd go 11-0 with the waterboy taking snaps.

if Brodie goes down again or Darybe can't play and the team does not have have a winning record; what will happen to Shula?

152552[/snapback]

I think (JMHO as an outsider) Shula is safer if he does have major injuries--I believe Bama fans will give him at least another year if they can blame things on injuries and not directly on him. It's when they fail to meet the expectations of the "great Alabama tradition" (i.e., koolaid drinkers) without injuries to blame that the buck stops on Shula's head (and the bricks & moving vans come out).

Frankly, I hope Shula stays around for a while because I don't think he's very good. I'll take CTT & Co. any day.

That being said, however, I hope there are no injuries purely for the sake of the players!

if Brodie goes down again or Darybe can't play and the team does not have have a winning record; what will happen to Shula?

152552[/snapback]

I think (JMHO as an outsider) Shula is safer if he does have major injuries--I believe Bama fans will give him at least another year if they can blame things on injuries and not directly on him. It's when they fail to meet the expectations of the "great Alabama tradition" (i.e., koolaid drinkers) without injuries to blame that the buck stops on Shula's head (and the bricks & moving vans come out).

Frankly, I hope Shula stays around for a while because I don't think he's very good. I'll take CTT & Co. any day.

That being said, however, I hope there are no injuries purely for the sake of the players!

152620[/snapback]

Also, if Bama goes 6-5 WITHOUT major injuries, what would Shula look like? He will have to land a victory over a major opponent to do better than 7-4, but what if he doesn't even do that?

I think that is what Bama fans fear most. As an Auburn man, I could care less whether Shula is a good coach or not, because they are losing REGARDLESS. But, there is no evidence in his TWO years to prove that he is either good, mediocre, or bad. THAT in and of itself is a scary thought for anyone wearing Crimson.

Point taken, BG.  However, last season is done and yes, I know that Darby is hurt and I know that depth is off because of the sanctions...yadda, yadda, freakin' yadda. 

I think what everyone is trying to say is that you don't have to add that caveat to your posts all the time.  You could have competed for the West last year, IF...Hell, Vandy could compete IF they didn't have to recruit athletes that score above a 30 on their ACT. 

We know, we know, Bama will compete for the MNC next year, IF they stay injury free, which could be said for about 20 other teams.  It is becoming inferred or implied (I forget which) everytime Bama football comes up in a post from you.  How about is we all just agree that the injury excuse, or fact, if you prefer, will be included in every one of your posts without you actually having to say it?

152583[/snapback]

Thats exactly what my point was.

152594[/snapback]

Yeah, the only difference was you aren't intelligent enough to put it that way.

We will be ok. You guys just worry about getting some more rings. :)

... I was referring to the fact that you cant name another d1 program that has sustained major injuries like we have over the last two years...and that if this aberration continues, we wont compete for anything.  ...

152603[/snapback]

I refer you to the University of Iowa last year. No team in Div-1A (including the uat crimson freakin tide) sustained more season ending injuries to starting players, offense & defense, than did the Hawkeyes, e.g. they went through something like 5 TBs if I remember correctly. They not only competed & won, they did so without making excuses for being so unlucky with respect to injuries. They merely moved on, kicked butt & took names wherever they went.

University of Iowa

2004 record: 10-2 (they lost back-to-back games road games to Arizona State in Tempe & Michigan in Ann Arbor.)

Accomplishments: Co-Big 10 Champs, Winner of the CapOne Bowl (over SEC powerhouse LSU.)

Injuries are a part of football. They happen to every team. Some years are more injury-prone than others.

Archived