Stidham interview at Manning Camp

toddc

Imagine that... An SEC football player saying how rabid Southern football fans are.  For shame....

I'm sure that NO tOSU player has EVER said that the Big10-11-12 and their fans are the best.

Social media....gotta stir up sumthin'.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

I will say though, I love how effortlessly Stidham throws the deep ball. 

Speaking of that... link

One of the instructors...

Reier: What stood out to you most about Stidham?

Morris: To me, he may have been the most pure passer down there. Just as far as mechanics, just a beautiful motion. Looks a lot like a Josh Allen- type motion. Looks a little like Matt Ryan. Real pure, real smooth, nothing violent about it. He's got a big arm and he likes to throw it. The ball is spinning and he likes to compete out there. He's just a really sound passer.

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Looks a lot like a Josh Allen- type motion.

The Wyoming QB that completes around 56% of his passes against mid-major opponents?  Is that a good thing, or am I confusing Josh Allen with another QB?  Or is David Morris just talking OOHA?

Passing
Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
2015 Wyoming MWC SO QB 2 4 6 66.7 51 8.5 8.5 0 0 138.1
*2016 Wyoming MWC SO QB 14 209 373 56.0 3203 8.6 8.3 28 15 144.9
*2017 Wyoming MWC JR QB 11 152 270 56.3 1812 6.7 6.9 16 6 127.8
Career Wyoming         365 649 56.2 5066 7.8 7.7 44 21 137.7

36 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

The Wyoming QB that completes around 56% of his passes against mid-major opponents?  Is that a good thing, or am I confusing Josh Allen with another QB?  Or is David Morris just talking OOHA?

Passing

Just throwing motion. Good comparison.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Passing

Wasn’t comparing accuracy but the big arm talent ( E.G. Ryan comparison too) however Josh Allen was just drafted 7th overall...I bet JS wishes to have his bank account at the moment.

14 hours ago, DAG said:

Wasn’t comparing accuracy but the big arm talent ( E.G. Ryan comparison too) however Josh Allen was just drafted 7th overall...I bet JS wishes to have his bank account at the moment.

DAG, my man! I have a quick question for you... Why is that pedophile Tekashi 69 your avi?

Edit: Not coming at you, just curious. I own a music production company and last night I recorded an artist who made a Tekashi diss track (lol). So I learned some less than positive things about the guy in the process

12 minutes ago, Tiger said:

DAG, my man! I have a quick question for you... Why is that pedophile Tekashi 69 your avi?

Edit: Not coming at you, just curious. I own a music production company and last night I recorded an artist who made a Tekashi diss track (lol). So I learned some less than positive things about the guy in the process

Well I am about to switch it to XXXtentacion but honestly because I just thought how hilarious it is that the music industry let a rainbow head kid exploit them and turn it upside down. I also thought it was funny how he outwits not only the entertainers but the media of the music industry. 

A diss? Trying to get some clout lol

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well I am about to switch it to XXXtentacion but honestly because I just thought how hilarious it is that the music industry let a rainbow head kid exploit them and turn it upside down. I also thought it was funny how he outwits not only the entertainers but the media of the music industry. 

A diss? Trying to get some clout lol

Oh yeah, he's definitely the troll overlord. I actually haven't heard too much of his music but I always just see him flaunting on social media. Also, it's getting a little harder for me to relate to the younger generation of rappers as I am tackling my 30s lol.

But the underage girl thing is ehhhhhhh way too sketchy for me to get on board and I can always appreciate an actual good troll job.

lolol @ the diss. Way too funny to diss someone you don't even know but hey I wasn't going to say anything and cut his session short -- less money for me ;D. Worst part about that was if he went the comedic route it would've been better but the artist was pretty damn serious about it :dunno:

29 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Oh yeah, he's definitely the troll overlord. I actually haven't heard too much of his music but I always just see him flaunting on social media. Also, it's getting a little harder for me to relate to the younger generation of rappers as I am tackling my 30s lol.

But the underage girl thing is ehhhhhhh way too sketchy for me to get on board and I can always appreciate an actual good troll job.

lolol @ the diss. Way too funny to diss someone you don't even know but hey I wasn't going to say anything and cut his session short -- less money for me ;D. Worst part about that was if he went the comedic route it would've been better but the artist was pretty damn serious about it :dunno:

I don’t support those actions nor do I support R.Kelly’s action but that doesn’t mean I am not a fan of R.Kelly’s music. Anyway back to the topic at hand.

Whether to separate the art from the artist... always an interesting and challenging conversation.

Fortunately, we have no reason to separate the way Stidham paints with his balls- love you forever, Trent Dilfer- from the painter himself. 

On 6/26/2018 at 6:00 PM, WFE12 said:

Speaking of that... link

One of the instructors...

Sentiment seconded?

"What I liked: Stidham lacks elite size, but he's big enough for the position. He has plenty of arm strength and throws a very tight ball. I was quite impressed after watching him spin it at the Elite 11 camp a few weeks ago. The 21-year-old is very accurate in the quick game and shows the ability to change ball speed. He really excels throwing the deep ball coming off play action, and he does a good job using the width of the field to give guys plenty of room to run under the ball."

Scouting Jarrett Stidham: Auburn QB reminiscent of Derek Carr, By Daniel Jeremiah, @

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000938988/article/scouting-jarrett-stidham-auburn-qb-reminiscent-of-derek-carr

Just now, AUld fAUx@ said:

Sentiment seconded?

"What I liked: Stidham lacks elite size, but he's big enough for the position. He has plenty of arm strength and throws a very tight ball. I was quite impressed after watching him spin it at the Elite 11 camp a few weeks ago. The 21-year-old is very accurate in the quick game and shows the ability to change ball speed. He really excels throwing the deep ball coming off play action, and he does a good job using the width of the field to give guys plenty of room to run under the ball."

Scouting Jarrett Stidham: Auburn QB reminiscent of Derek Carr, By Daniel Jeremiah, @

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000938988/article/scouting-jarrett-stidham-auburn-qb-reminiscent-of-derek-carr

Yeah I just posted that whole article...Just now seeing this.

On 6/23/2018 at 9:29 AM, johnnyAU said:

I must have missed the nicknames. Which player is Worm?

On 6/23/2018 at 11:17 AM, AUsince72 said:

Sean Shivers

"7) Worm

Not many fans probably know this as true freshman running back Shaun Shivers’ nickname yet, but they’ll learn it once he starts making an impact on the Plains. Shivers told 247Sports that his mom started calling him that at a young age because it was one of the first words he said, but it fits him as a football player — he stands just 5-foot-7, but he was also one of the fastest sprinters in the state of Florida as a senior."

List Season: The best nicknames on Auburn’s football team, at https://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/list-season-the-best-nicknames-on-auburn-s-football-team/article_e1523a46-7b59-11e8-8264-d3fce7e20c4a.html

On 6/29/2018 at 10:36 AM, AUld fAUx@ said:

Sentiment seconded?

This is a very good summation from an expert, but what we really want to know is, Can Stid paint pictures with his balls?!?!?!

33 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

This is a very good summation from an expert, but what we really want to know is, Can Stid paint pictures with his balls?!?!?!

Image result for bob ross gif

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2018 at 4:58 PM, AUld fAUx@ said:

You'll have more freedom to make checks and all at the line of scrimmage this year, right?

"Now that I've gotten my feet wet a little bit in the system, I think Coach is going to give me a little more freedom at the line of scrimmage and that sort of thing to make some checks when I want and do that sort of thing."

Oh my lands...seems promising to hear this in the video.  I know it is probably something that won't happen too often but if this is true does it mean Gus is really letting Chip run the offense?

Will this year be the year...will they learn how to fly from the start?

Archived