Ivan Maisel

Jenny AU-92

Tuesday, March 22

1. It's not unusual for defense to be ahead of offense in spring ball, but Tennessee linebacker Omar Gaither made four picks in the Vols' first five practices. That's good news on a defense that allowed opponents to complete 60.8 percent of their passes last season. ** Or maybe their QB's still suck?  :P   **

2. Kansas athletic director Lew Perkins knows how to build a program. He hired Randy Edsall at UConn. Still – the Jayhawks open with home games against Florida Atlantic, I-AA Appalachian State and Louisiana Tech, and shipped the Oklahoma game to Arrowhead Stadium. Good season tickets for Lawrence remain – a whole lot of them.

3. Alabama's lack of experience and depth on offense continued to show during spring drills. Without injured tailback Ken Darby, the Tide rushed for only 114 yards on 39 carries Saturday in the A-Day game.    :lol:   Of course, an optimist would tell you that Alabama's defense is very good. ** Or maybe their offense still sucks!!  :big: **

Guest Tigrinum Major

I can't believe that Maisel wasted his time on two of these three teams...I'll let all of you be the judge of which two I mean...

Archived