• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

As we speak my man

NICE!

20 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

NICE!

Toasting one your way as well 72! Similar what Kd said earlier, I also know several people who have gone through colon cancer, and they had very similar outcomes. I know a cancer diagnosis is scary, and you worry about your family more than yourself. I felt the same way with mine because of the impact it had on my family. Seeing my dad turn as white as a ghost, to the point he couldn’t even speak is one of the hardest things I’ll ever experience in my life. I broke down and was depressed the day after my diagnosis, but I made sure it was the only day I felt that way. After that, even with having to have treatments, etc, I never let my mind dwell on having cancer. Talking to people daily and this forum were one of the things that helped me the most, and within 3 months of being diagnosed, I was cancer free. No doubt in my mind that you will be victorious! Like I said earlier if I can do anything to help, I will be more than happy to!

Prayers Brother!  Keep your chin up and put it in God’s hands.  Don’t let that old serpent, the Devil, Satan assault you by bringing you down.

Haven’t you already heard.  Tigers are stronger then cancer.

11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Toasting one your way as well 72! Similar what Kd said earlier, I also know several people who have gone through colon cancer, and they had very similar outcomes. I know a cancer diagnosis is scary, and you worry about your family more than yourself. I felt the same way with mine because of the impact it had on my family. Seeing my dad turn as white as a ghost, to the point he couldn’t even speak is one of the hardest things I’ll ever experience in my life. I broke down and was depressed the day after my diagnosis, but I made sure it was the only day I felt that way. After that, even with having to have treatments, etc, I never let my mind dwell on having cancer. Talking to people daily and this forum were one of the things that helped me the most, and within 3 months of being diagnosed, I was cancer free. No doubt in my mind that you will be victorious! Like I said earlier if I can do anything to help, I will be more than happy to!

Thank you, that's exactly the kind of encouragement I'd expect from you and so many on this board.

I have followed your journey and you are an inspiration to me.  Matter of fact, once I got the news, I did think of you and the others who have discussed their conditions on this board and was always impressed with the positive emotions displayed. 

That's one of my goals while I'm fighting this is to hopefully, if only a fraction, measure up to the same positive outlook you and others have shown.

Thank you for the offer if support and kindness!!

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Prayers Brother!  Keep your chin up and put it in God’s hands.  Don’t let that old serpent, the Devil, Satan assault you by bringing you down.

Haven’t you already heard.  Tigers are stronger then cancer.

Dang straight!!!

Thank you corch!!

As my one of my girls likes to say "devil, get on back behind me!!"

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Thank you, that's exactly the kind of encouragement I'd expect from you and so many on this board.

I have followed your journey and you are an inspiration to me.  Matter of fact, once I got the news, I did think of you and the others who have discussed their conditions on this board and was always impressed with the positive emotions displayed. 

That's one of my goals while I'm fighting this is to hopefully, if only a fraction, measure up to the same positive outlook you and others have shown.

Thank you for the offer if support and kindness!!

Anytime brother!

We don't like this kind of news from our friends, but we are truly family and we will be there to support you emotionally. We will include you and your family in our prayers. If you need your spirits lifted, just ask. There are a bunch of jokers on here to help! God is with you and so are we!!!

2 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

We don't like this kind of news from our friends, but we are truly family and we will be there to support you emotionally. We will include you and your family in our prayers. If you need your spirits lifted, just ask. There are a bunch of jokers on here to help! God is with you and so are we!!!

Thank you 3rdGen, I appreciate your words of support!!  That's the reason I brought it to the Fam's attention because there are so many wonderful jokers here, and y'all DO feel like family!!  I knew I'd get positive vibes, prayers and inspiration and I'm eternally grateful.

Obviously, I am not happy with the diagnosis but it's amazing how many blessings come to light when a trial like this occurs.  

I am a truly blessed man!!

8 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Matt 4:10

Awesome verse!  And so meaningful, thank you.

Just now, AUsince72 said:

Awesome verse!  And so meaningful, thank you.

‘72 I also have to keep a check on my colon.  I have a colonoscopy done every 6 months with pre-cancerous polyps taken out each time.  Not a massive amount of them but 9 this last time.  I also have Diverticula, however no infections in the pockets yet.  

So do what your drs say.  Try not to worry and get better.  

72 you definitely have me in your corner! Cancer has affected my family recently so I empathize. Got you in my prayers buddy.

72.......Really sorry to hear about your diagnosis. You're facing the fight of your life, and I feel for you and your loved ones. But know this....it's a fight you can win. We will all be here for you offering prayers and support. Lean on us anytime you need it. 

“Ever to conquer, never to yield “ my AU brother and Christian brother!

Thinking about you my man.  Prayers to you and your family.  Keep your head up!

Prayers sent for you and your Family. Very strong post about finishing the race. It gives me chills to hear anyone talk about our Lord with that level of confidence.  Get well soon friend! God is good. 

Archived