Prayer request for my family (and me).

AUsince72

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Just a quick update as some have been so kind to personally ask.

My chemo has begun.  Sitting in the chair as the stuff pumps into me as we speak. (... for the next 2 months until my next scan).

After all the preliminary tests, biopsies & scans I have stage 4 colorectal cancer.  It has spread to my local lymph nodes & liver.  Note: it's NOT liver cancer... simply my colorectal cancer.  That's bad in that it means it's spread but good in that actual liver cancer would be worse.

So, taking the good with the bad and paying close attention to the blessings!  Thank you all for your prayers & thoughts as always. 

Cancer's ass it getting kicked as we speak!!!

God bless you all and War Eagle!

It will be six years ago in October my loving wife was sitting in that chair and today she is still with us. So keep fighting and never give up we are praying for you and your family 72.

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

'72:

WHEN you're up for it this year, come down/up to Auburn, and I will personally treat you and your family to 4 tix to any home game you'd like. Just PM me, and I've got you. Go kick this thing in the proverbial keister. 

Psalm 23 and WDE!

PTB, what an incredibly generous offer!  You're certainly giving me that extra incentive!!!!  I will definitely be working extra hard to not only get well, but feel my best doing it HA!!!  I'll PM you when I have a grasp of how I'm gonna feel on these meds.  Probably too soon to judge yet, I know.  

Though the chemo drugs themselves are apparently hard core due to my needs, I "only" have to sit in the chair once every other week (for 3-1/2 hours) and then have a pump set up in my port for 48 hrs.  BUT I only have to do it every other week (with blood test during the in-between weeks) at least until my next Pet Scan at the end of October.  Then we'll see what the next step is.

Psalm 23 is one of the greatest passages ever, thank you!  The Lord is at work and I feel it!

WDE!

AU Family,

I have received so many prayers, private messages, positive news & vibes from my AU Family.  Y'all are truly awesome and I thank each and every one of you.  It is so humbling because I really am not this deserving.  I'm just a smarty pants guy who loves to talk football and crack lame jokes but you have ALL made me feel love and support of FAMILY and I'm eternally grateful!

War Eagle and God bless!!

3 minutes ago, kd4au said:

It will be six years ago in October my loving wife was sitting in that chair and today she is still with us. So keep fighting and never give up we are praying for you and your family 72.

SO glad to hear that KD!  I saw a lot of people in chairs today (sadly) but I also saw SO much positivity.  It was truly inspiring!

God bless you and your wife!

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:16 PM, AUsince72 said:

AU Family, I am asking for those inclined to pray for my family and me, please.  

I have recently been diagnosed with at least two types of colon cancer.  I have a Pet Scan scheduled to get more info, so I really know very little about it at this time outside of I have at least two malignancies (one removed surgically).  Not even sure of their names yet as #1 they're hard to pronounce & #2 they've been sent to another lab for "2nd opinion" testing....

I really don't worry about myself as I am loved by Jesus Christ, who is my Lord and Savior, so to me death on this Earth merely means I have won the race.  Regardless, I know that I will beat whatever it is and so far I have had tremendous Drs, Nurses & Technicians who give me great confidence.

With that said, my greatest concern is for my family.  I have a wonderful wife and two awesome twin girls and my only fear is her having to finish raising them by herself and, as I'm still here, I don't want to miss them grow up.

So, please pray for us and if you're not the praying type, that's okay, I appreciate any kind thoughts and words.

God bless you all and thank you.

You and your family are in my prayers.

19 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

'72:

WHEN you're up for it this year, come down/up to Auburn, and I will personally treat you and your family to 4 tix to any home game you'd like. Just PM me, and I've got you. Go kick this thing in the proverbial keister. 

Psalm 23 and WDE!

You Sir, are Awesome.

Archived