Prayer request for my family (and me).

AUsince72

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You’ve been on my mind today 72. Sending everything positive I can your way. The family is so strong here. Much love sent to you and your family, my brother!

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

You’ve been on my mind today 72. Sending everything positive I can your way. The family is so strong here. Much love sent to you and your family, my brother!

It's actually been a good weekend and I've been able to keep my mind off the negative and focusing on the positive experiences I've been sent. I've only gained more confidence...

I have my Pet Scan set up for Tuesday.  (Yay, I guess, haha).  However, as scary as the results may be, it's this limbo and the unknown that's the worst.  At least by the end of next week or early the following, I hope to finally have all the info and plan of attack.

Just ready to get on with it!

Thanks brother!!

I'm not much of a praying person, but you've been in my thoughts since I saw this thread pop up. I think you just nailed it - cancer sucks, but the worst part is just waiting to see which way things will break, what the plan will be.

I will admit that this one hit harder for some reason - and I think its because we're not terribly far apart in age, and seeing your worry for your young family was (selfishly) a like a gut punch, because there but for Grace go any of us.  But, as much as I always hate to see these sorts of threads pop up here,  it's always great to see the outpouring of fellowship and genuine offers of comfort and caring. There but for the grace we go, but we'll be damned if we are going to let anyone go there alone. Let us know what you need and I'm sure we can come up with it.

Keep us updated, keep your humor, and keep your head up. We are all behind you pulling for you.

5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Yes, the replies are nothing short of amazing!  Prayer and miracles at work and I am truly so blessed.

I know I've got a fight ahead of me but I have so much momentum going into it, I know He will overcome.

I said it earlier....the last few days since my request, I have felt overwhelmed and even in tears (all in a positive way) at the beautiful response I've received!

Thank you!

This website isn't called AuFAMILY for no reason brother!

@AUsince72 sounds like to you are ready to meet this head on. As you know you are never alone. 

Screenshot_20180805-171427~2.png

57 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

I'm not much of a praying person, but you've been in my thoughts since I saw this thread pop up. I think you just nailed it - cancer sucks, but the worst part is just waiting to see which way things will break, what the plan will be.

I will admit that this one hit harder for some reason - and I think its because we're not terribly far apart in age, and seeing your worry for your young family was (selfishly) a like a gut punch, because there but for Grace go any of us.  But, as much as I always hate to see these sorts of threads pop up here,  it's always great to see the outpouring of fellowship and genuine offers of comfort and caring. There but for the grace we go, but we'll be damned if we are going to let anyone go there alone. Let us know what you need and I'm sure we can come up with it.

Keep us updated, keep your humor, and keep your head up. We are all behind you pulling for you.

Thank you Auctoritas, I appreciate the thoughts!

Yes, the first couple of days after I got the news that I had at least 2 malignancies were the worst (obviously, I think) and if I had any "whiny" type of thoughts, it was simply having this kind of news at 46.  But then, I thought of children who have much worse and yet keep smiles on their faces and, well....you know... St. Jude's & Shriners Children's Hospital commercials really put things into perspective!!!

I'm now looking at this diagnosis (at least what I do know) at such a young age as a positive.  I'm young and strong and frankly, feel good (outside of related pains and issues....I'll spare the details).  But I just know I'd rather fight this now than if I were older and maybe more frail, etc.  So, I'm looking at this as a good thing!! 

I know you said you're not the praying type but I hope you won't mind a quick witness on my part.  Prayer works!  My diagnosis aside, I am a walking example of answered prayers my whole adult life.  I can give you many examples but I'm not trying to preach...just share.  I've even stated in other posts, I think, the outpouring of fellowship and genuine offers of support you mentioned just from our AU Family alone are perfect examples, and frankly, some of the best and most powerful boosters I've received... period!  I could easily be doom and gloom and get scared and depressed but YOU ALL have been sent to ME by Jesus Christ as givers of strength...I believe that 100%!!!

Anyway, I'm sorry, this is one of my wordiest posts and I know I'm pushing the boundaries of this forum with my borderline sermon now but I just feel compelled to share, even in such a difficult time. 

Thank you again, War Eagle & God bless you and yours!

Prayers for you and your family.  I'm so glad that you know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. During circumstances like this I always come back to these lyrics from the song OUR GOD.

Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome in power
Our God, Our God

On 8/3/2018 at 2:16 PM, AUsince72 said:

AU Family, I am asking for those inclined to pray for my family and me, please.  

I have recently been diagnosed with at least two types of colon cancer.  I have a Pet Scan scheduled to get more info, so I really know very little about it at this time outside of I have at least two malignancies (one removed surgically).  Not even sure of their names yet as #1 they're hard to pronounce & #2 they've been sent to another lab for "2nd opinion" testing....

I really don't worry about myself as I am loved by Jesus Christ, who is my Lord and Savior, so to me death on this Earth merely means I have won the race.  Regardless, I know that I will beat whatever it is and so far I have had tremendous Drs, Nurses & Technicians who give me great confidence.

With that said, my greatest concern is for my family.  I have a wonderful wife and two awesome twin girls and my only fear is her having to finish raising them by herself and, as I'm still here, I don't want to miss them grow up.

So, please pray for us and if you're not the praying type, that's okay, I appreciate any kind thoughts and words.

God bless you all and thank you.

Prayers for you , you got this brother. No matter any type of news you got this and god is behind you and he ultimately is the complete healer. I have been coming to this site for about 10 years. My family was hit with it two years ago with my wife. At 27 about 3 month after of first child was born she was diagnosed with Stage 4 inflammatory breast cancer which is rare and very aggressive. I was in a bad bad place, I couldn't understand my wife is one of the sweetest people I have ever met who has never done tobacco,drugs , but occasionally drinks wine. The day after we found out , we received a call from MD Anderson and they got her in two days later. Long story short , she failed first 2 chemo's cancer built up a resistance spread from breast, both lymph node under arm pit, two spots in liver and was spreading like a wild fire on her skin. We tried a 3rd chemo which was more so a smart drug that found cancer cell and dispersed chemo and it cleared cancer up in 3 months with little side effects.

My whole reason of posting isn't to take away from you its to give you some confidence. Typically stage 4 since cancer has spread surgery,radiation are out cause it has spread. Well they do some I guess out of the box stuff out here and she did surgery remove lymph node , tumor bed in breast and did 5 week of intensive radiation on skin. 

We didn't realize this but once she had failed the second chemo typically they are just trying to find something to slow it down. Well it was a miracle the 3rd one completely destroyed all the cancer. Our Dr at MD Anderson told us a few months ago when we were up here that once it had spread while being on first two chemos, she did not think  my wife would make it another year.

She became NED about a year ago(for about 8 months) and two months ago we scanned and cancer has returned in her lungs while being on that same chemo . We are back out here as I type this hitting is with radiation.

I know I said long story short but I wanted you to know there is a ton of Hope out there. A lot of things happen in the medical field that some doctors can't explain. My wife has been on this chemo every 3 weeks for 2 years and Dr said she will never stop. Reason BEING , she has zero stats for my wife's situation of failing two chemo in then it disappearing. We live in GA and fly out here for all scan work, radiation. 

Prayers for you and your family!!!!!! DM if you need to talk or anything, I know I didn't get diagnosed but the person I love the most did and I know what this can do emotionally. 

We are season ticket holders and sit in section 106 , somewhere around 8 rows up (haven't received yet and always forgot exact location)

I made a motivational video for my wife when we found out the cancer has returned if you want to watch. On facebook just search sage strong or youtube link to get her back going!!!! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d23UQEu2ZdI

YOU GOT THIS BROTHA!!!!!!

Prayers,

Chad Sage

(excuse grammer)

3 hours ago, bmartin3228 said:

Prayers for you , you got this brother. No matter any type of news you got this and god is behind you and he ultimately is the complete healer. I have been coming to this site for about 10 years. My family was hit with it two years ago with my wife. At 27 about 3 month after of first child was born she was diagnosed with Stage 4 inflammatory breast cancer which is rare and very aggressive. I was in a bad bad place, I couldn't understand my wife is one of the sweetest people I have ever met who has never done tobacco,drugs , but occasionally drinks wine. The day after we found out , we received a call from MD Anderson and they got her in two days later. Long story short , she failed first 2 chemo's cancer built up a resistance spread from breast, both lymph node under arm pit, two spots in liver and was spreading like a wild fire on her skin. We tried a 3rd chemo which was more so a smart drug that found cancer cell and dispersed chemo and it cleared cancer up in 3 months with little side effects.

My whole reason of posting isn't to take away from you its to give you some confidence. Typically stage 4 since cancer has spread surgery,radiation are out cause it has spread. Well they do some I guess out of the box stuff out here and she did surgery remove lymph node , tumor bed in breast and did 5 week of intensive radiation on skin. 

We didn't realize this but once she had failed the second chemo typically they are just trying to find something to slow it down. Well it was a miracle the 3rd one completely destroyed all the cancer. Our Dr at MD Anderson told us a few months ago when we were up here that once it had spread while being on first two chemos, she did not think  my wife would make it another year.

She became NED about a year ago(for about 8 months) and two months ago we scanned and cancer has returned in her lungs while being on that same chemo . We are back out here as I type this hitting is with radiation.

I know I said long story short but I wanted you to know there is a ton of Hope out there. A lot of things happen in the medical field that some doctors can't explain. My wife has been on this chemo every 3 weeks for 2 years and Dr said she will never stop. Reason BEING , she has zero stats for my wife's situation of failing two chemo in then it disappearing. We live in GA and fly out here for all scan work, radiation. 

Prayers for you and your family!!!!!! DM if you need to talk or anything, I know I didn't get diagnosed but the person I love the most did and I know what this can do emotionally. 

We are season ticket holders and sit in section 106 , somewhere around 8 rows up (haven't received yet and always forgot exact location)

I made a motivational video for my wife when we found out the cancer has returned if you want to watch. On facebook just search sage strong or youtube link to get her back going!!!! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d23UQEu2ZdI

YOU GOT THIS BROTHA!!!!!!

Prayers,

Chad Sage

(excuse grammer)

Very profound, I thank you so much!

I will PM you when I get a chance.  Just finished my Pet Scan....say a prayer for the results!!!

I will certainly pray for you and your wife!!!!

God bless.  Hang in there my brother!!!

Quick update.

Just got back from the oncologist with news that's a little hard.

I have colorectal cancer and it had entered the lymph nodes surrounding the area.  Not SO bad, except the treatment is extreme.  Hey it's life saving, so I'm good with it.

The bad news... I also have cancer in my liver.  So, what was going to be "easy" is now going to be a fight for my life.  It's real now!

They're getting Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa involved, which is awesome as it's one of the top centers in the country, but regardless my life is about to get real interesting....

But...

God is in control, so I don't care what the Drs say, I feel strong and WILL be a success story!  It's just gonna be a bigger fight.  But I'm a big dude, so I can hack it!

Thank you again for the prayers and support.  Please keep them coming!!!

War Eagle and God bless you!!!

15 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Quick update.

I have colorectal cancer and it had entered the lymph nodes surrounding the area.  Not SO bad, except the treatment is extreme.  Hey it's life saving, so I'm good with it.

The bad news... I also have cancer in my liver.  So, what was going to be "easy" is now going to be a fight for my life.  It's real now!

They're getting Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa involved, which is awesome as it's one of the top centers in the country, but regardless my life is about to get real interesting....

But...

God is in control, so I don't care what the Drs say, I feel strong and WILL be a success story!  It's just gonna be a bigger fight.  But I'm a big dude, so I can hack it!

We got this!

15 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Quick update.

But...

It’s good to see you in good spirits 72! You will beat this and don’t ever doubt it. We’re all in your corner buddy! Please keep us updated when you can and know that the AUFamily is always here to support you! Prayers and good vibes sent your way daily, brother!

17 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Quick update.

But...

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.-Isaiah 41:10. Stay the course and know you have friends and family praying for you. I truly believe we are not given anything that we can't handle as long as we trust God. He has a perfect plan for everything. You can't go wrong trusting in that. 

Continuing to pray for a successful outcome.  Keep up your good spirit, it will help. War Eagle. 

15 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Quick update.

But...

It's ON BABY!!!!!! You got this , no matter what happens stay positive and let the big man do his thing!  I know that feeling of getting that news , feeling like a bomb just went off in your stomach and then turning numb. Take a few days, do what you got to do mentally. Day 3 .... Time to destroy it and dominate!!!! 

My wife just finished her radiation on that spot that came back in her long , so we are in limbo until next scan. Waiting is the worst but as you already know god has got this , nothing is to big for him!!!

Seriously, I know we have never met and if you are like me and kinda shut down and don't want to talk about it right after news I understand.Since my wife's diagnosis 2 years ago I feel god has put me in so many situations to share my wife's first miracle and praying for another one. I don't want to be that person pushing but just want you to know  IF you EVER need to talk let me know. Prayers to you brotha

Sending all my love and positive energy, brother. You're a beast and we're all looking forward to you coming out even stronger on the other side of this thing. War Damn 72!

Archived