Hoover-Pinson & Trussville-Cedar Grove Games Thread

corchjay

18 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Robbie Ashford is a stud. Shame he prefers baseball over football.

No, it's not.  We are recruiting him for both.  

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:
10 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

Hoover QB looks lot better than Nix.

Got to disagree there. 

Watched much of the game and a couple observations..

#1: I see why Patrick Nix is a HS coach now and no longer a college OC.  Not real impressed with the play calling...sorta familiar (bombs or short passes).  + Even when the run game is working, they go away from it.  Maybe trying to showcase his son's arm too much?

#2: Bo must agree with me as much as he appears to complain and gripe at the sidelines.  A little disappointed at the demonstrative complaining he's done... especially earlier in the game.

With that said, it's a first game, against a far superior opponent, on ESPN, so I'm sure there was just a bit too much hype for PVHS.  I'm sure he'll be great as the season goes.

7 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

#2: Bo must agree with me as much as he appears to complain and gripe at the sidelines.  A little disappointed at the demonstrative complaining he's done... especially earlier in the game.

That’s typical for Bo.  Very competitive and a gun slinger that thinks everything should work.  

He will grow a lot when he gets out from under Patrick.  Although fundamentally Bo is about as polished as you can be coming out of high school.  

It’s only fair that Paul Tyson goes completely off since we just watched Bo’s team get pummeled right? 

59 minutes ago, around4ever said:

No, it's not.  We are recruiting him for both.  

:)  JMO but any kid who has a choice of playing baseball or football should play baseball.....Gabe G and Frank T made the right decisions....

12 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

It’s only fair that Paul Tyson goes completely off since we just watched Bo’s team get pummeled right? 

HT has many weapons.  Told y’all they might just be the best team in the state if they can get solid play in the defensive front.  They will score a lot I think they averaged 50 a game last year.

JJ looking good doing multiple things so far

Just now, jared52 said:

@corchjay why all these kids from HTHS to uat?

Quick a huge Alabama fan always has been.  Tyson of course is bears great grandson.  Worsham will be the top WR in the state next year and a burner.  Not sure why he committed early.

Just now, around4ever said:

I'm liking what I am seeing from JJ.  1st half 9 receptions, 155 yds. 

I was waiting to hear the stat on TV, I was sure he was over 100 yards.

Archived