Hoover-Pinson & Trussville-Cedar Grove Games Thread

corchjay

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halftime Hoover 24 Pinson 7.  

At the half impressions.  Overall Hoover doesn’t seem to have the same level of speed as years past.  Especially in the defensive backfield.  Still will be very tough to beat.  

Bo can make any throw 

Bo is a good one!

George is an absolute BEAST!

Those 2 together are gonna be a lot of fun!!!

I knew this, but it just dawned on me as I tuned into the game, that P Nix and J Niblett were on staff together at Jax St. in 1997.  (I was on staff with them as a student assistant)  There was a lot of talent on that coaching staff, but the HC couldn't seem to overcome some of his issues (I'll just leave it at that)  We went 1-11 and it was not a fun locker room to be in towards the end.

There is a HUGE difference in 6A and 7A, and it's showing. Hoover isn't giving Nix time to do ANYTHING. 

And Pickens is a monster. That is all. 

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Bo is a good one!

George is an absolute BEAST!

Those 2 together are gonna be a lot of fun!!!

I knew this, but it just dawned on me as I tuned into the game, that P Nix and J Niblett were on staff together at Jax St. in 1997.  (I was on staff with them as a student assistant)  There was a lot of talent on that coaching staff, but the HC couldn't seem to overcome some of his issues (I'll just leave it at that)  We went 1-11 and it was not a fun locker room to be in towards the end.

It's interesting seeing Niblett coaching at Hoover. He got his first head coaching job at my high school. He was the head guy when Oneonta won their 1st championship since the 70s.

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

3000 students vs 800 students in high school enrollment 

Hoover had a better recruiting network as well.  ?

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

What is Bo supposed to do?? At some point his receivers have to help him out a bit.

Yep!  Losing his top 3 receivers last year is not helping.  Hopefully they progress for him. 

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Pinson WR cannot catch. Wow. 

I feel bad for Bo. These are not hard catches being dropped. Someone has to be able to catch it when it hits them in both hands, uncontested.

19 minutes ago, corchjay said:

3000 students vs 800 students in high school enrollment 

800 students equals 6_A?   .....that's hard to believe..  What's the break point for 5A and on down?    are there that many small schools in the state. 

In NC, 800 is just 1-A ...smallest classification. 

14 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Feel bad for Bo. His team is clearly outmatched and his defense and receivers are not good. 

Playing against a much superior team... don't think this game has hurt his reputation.....

Archived