Hoover-Pinson & Trussville-Cedar Grove Games Thread

corchjay

48 minutes ago, around4ever said:
7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I may not be completely up on my knowledge of this guy, but this Jadon fella is one of the best, arguably the best receiver in the nation and he plays DB? uh

The best athlete in the upcoming class and it's not close.  I sure wish we could flip him. 

Agree with you around4ever...  IIRC CG's QB was only a Soph and it may not be so easy for Haselwood to get a lot of catches this year (though I actually was a bit impressed with the QB TBH).

With that said I feel like Jadon was still the best football player on the field.  Watched with my Dad and we both said how much we'd love AU to flip him.....and that's AFTER watching Pickens in the previous game.

Pickens needs to play harder in my opinion.  Big time college competition is going to be a rude awakening for him (maybe a la NCM or worse Byron Cowart....just my opinion).  Haselwood played hard and, as mentioned playing DB & ST, played unselfish.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, around4ever said:

The best athlete in the upcoming class and it's not close.  I sure wish we could flip him. 

We will 

22 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Auburn baseball coach. 

There's your solid human being/coach/Christ follower.  Niblett loves Niblett first...any high school coach who changes clothes after pre-game warm ups?  Give me a break.

33 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

There's your solid human being/coach/Christ follower.  Niblett loves Niblett first...any high school coach who changes clothes after pre-game warm ups?  Give me a break.

You realize you sweat through all that during warm-ups right?  Im not sure what you're used to, but most coaches here change outfits before our games.

1 hour ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Huh?

I'm sure he asks for forgiveness whenever he changes his clothes.  I know that I feel terrible whenever I change my clothes.

:poke:

Not to pile on but do you even know Josh?  Unless he has everyone around him fooled and some people can... He's as true of a believer as you'll ever find.  Walks the walk and talks the talk.

We had 3 fine football coaches represent our state yesterday in Nix, Niblett, and Floyd.   I even liked the Cedar Grove coaching staff... I saw a player make a boneheaded play and one of the assistants snatched him by the collar and and gave him a tongue lashing for about 5 minutes.  What was said I don't know but I do know that youth need a strong male presence in their life and a lot of times coaches provide that.  

6 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

L. 

On 8/25/2018 at 5:13 PM, WFE12 said:

I know that but he might quit football after trying to do both and focus solely on baseball.

And he might not so no point fretting about it right now. He is a JR in high school for Pete's sake.

On 8/26/2018 at 7:15 AM, around4ever said:

The kid from Pinson is the best athlete in the south. He's just in the 10th grade. Could dunk a basketball in the 7th grade and was just 5'7". 

I hope that we can all agree that those pants should never be worn by a grown man again on the sidelines of a football game.   All I could think of was his creepy van with a puppy and free candy sign.

21 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I hope you are kidding. Niblett does do some things I don't like such as not disciplining the kids that make the personal fouls ( Hoover gets a lot). But I know for a fact that he walks the walk. He has Bible studies with these kids and has totally change the atmosphere from the way Propst did it.  You can not like someone and that's fine but your in dangerous territory when you start trying to questioning faith or what someone really thinks. If I could have changed clothes at halftime at that game I would have for sure because everyone in that stadium was sweating like pigs.

30 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I hope that we can all agree that those pants should never be worn by a grown man again on the sidelines of a football game.   All I could think of was his creepy van with a puppy and free candy sign.

... nah dude. His outfit was awesome.

48 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

... nah dude. His outfit was awesome.

the skinny pants thing on guys just doesn't work for me.  but to each their own!!!

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

the skinny pants thing on guys just doesn't work for me.  but to each their own!!!

That’s just my style! 

From the sound of it, I thought maybe the guy was still wearing pleated dockers.  He's just wearing normal young guy clothes?

18 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

From the sound of it, I thought maybe the guy was still wearing pleated dockers.  He's just wearing normal young guy clothes?

Prison jeans are less offensive than pleated dockers. 

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

So, I'm outta style now?

Archived